easing into it... just picked up a f4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:53 PM

thisiscainyo is a decent person
easing into it... just picked up a f4i

so i just gave my 07 r6 the boot after trying to do the stunt thing with it only to realise it's a lost cause. after selling it, the next morning i picked up a mint stock 04 f4i. First off i ordered a si cage to start off before i drop this thing. I am not to sure as to s/f cages for this bike as for what is the best so what are ur suggestions but i knew the si cage was the most used for f4's? As for gearing i had a 60t on the r6 and i hated it b/c of the drivability of the bike.. i have a 50t that i got for cheap as hell so i might give that a whirl and see how i like it. As for the rest of the bike what suggestions do you prefer as for steering dampeners, brakes ect ect ect. I have done alot of research and i am on here alllll the time but i thought i should give this a whirl... I appreciate any help. lets not tear my squid *** apart toooo much now.. thx!

here she is:
Name:  f4i.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  85.3 KB
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough
Re: easing into it... just picked up a f4i

take all the fairings off now haha then after you learn put them back on
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM

booya is an unknown quantity at this point

yea take all the fairings off and buy an acerbis for the front light then you will be good to go. your bike will not look as nice but at least you will have your fairings for when you want to go back to full fairing.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:12 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kevin ETP
take all the fairings off now haha then after you learn put them back on
+184984654984 THAT'S WHAT I DID
Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
i am over it

str8edge24 is a decent person

i have been told that an 01 f4i subframe will bolt right up so that you can get rid of the bannana seat
Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Let me get the upper
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

take fairing off si cage was a great choice 60 tooth will be good also
Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

sell me all the fairings
Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 PM
i dont ride whillies

moto_223 is a decent person

Originally Posted by str8edge24
i have been told that an 01 f4i subframe will bolt right up so that you can get rid of the bannana seat
what your not feelin the bannana seat? lol
Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
i am over it

str8edge24 is a decent person

nope reminds me of this old huffy i had with the bannana seat ape hanger and those plastic hubcap things that cover the spokes :YEAH
Old 06-04-2008, 10:01 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Rock what you got. I got the nana seat and like it. Plus when you break your subframe which you probably will if youre learning, a new sub will cost $40 or $50 compared to $150 or whatever the split seat sub costs. Youre on the right track though - SI cage, Acerbis SF light, take off all your plastics and go learn. Good luck.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:17 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like your off to a good start. Listen to everyone take off the plastics!!!

Pickup a sharkfin also. $20 bones.

I started learning with just SI cage, - 1 + 10 sprockets, 900rr idle cable, woodcraft clipons flipped/turned out.

Now I got alot more **** but that was good for my first year of practicing.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM

wow thanks alot guys i didn't expect so much feedback. yeah i love the way the bike looks with fairings but they def gotta go. I made that mistake going to the track stock fairinged with my r6 and dumping it. Talk about an expensive day at the track.... Anyways, the bananna is super comfy but that as well has to go. do i have to replace the subframe or will a previous year tail bolt right on? how much do tails usually go for? as for head lights... should i just buy a streetfighter setup? if so what are most of you using? btw what is a shark fin?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:50 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

From what I remember you have to get the split subframe, battery tray, seats & exhaust since it mounts in a different spot. I think you could make some type of bracket for the exhaust though like I did w my subcage. Youre talking easily $300 - $400 to change to split seat.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

I'm a squid too.

I have the same exact bike...so we can be squid twins. See me squid it up:

Personally, I love the color. I love the `nana seat. It's comfortable and easily replaceable. I think my bike is hot FIRE. Too bad my skills aren't.

Anywho, I'm **** about my set up and constantly working on it. I'm setting it up way before I have the skill to use it all, but whatever floats your boat. Right now, it has an Acerbis headlight and I added turn signals to make it streetable. I have flipped vortex clipons, gsxr master for front brake, msr ez pull lever. I furred my tail after getting a cheap one off ebay for 30 bucks in yellow! FI 12 Bar and FI cage. I have no cage issues and believe me, I drop my bike all the time. My tank is dented slightly. I have to dent it more because I can't really stand on it right now. I purchased some surf grip to make it grippy. I'm 8 up in the back and 1 down. It's not bad for the street and lot riding. Gearing all depends on what you want. You can ask around and/or ride other people bikes to determine what will be better for you. This is my lot bike so gearing isn't an issue. I'm ordering a custom 62 from Tandem Sprocket Works. I can't wait for it to get here! I have a Versa Light Brake light with Turn Signal in the mail so I can get rid of the stock signals. I have a 190 magura master 16mm coming. I have a shorty yosh exhaust (not pictured here). I got some bar mount mirrors in the mail too. My sweetheart is getting me a HoHey dual caliper bracket for my birthday.

For the future: As for dampner, I'm not rolling endos. But I may put either a hyperpro, or a stock gsxr stabilizer on it utilizing MikeM's fork mount bracket idea. Oh, I'm waiting for my gauge mount. For now I just zip-tied it on the side of my frame after yanking out my duct. As for subframes, it will be an OMR subframe cage.

Come out and ride.

Last edited by Josh911R6; 06-05-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 PM

Alie nice to know some girls are tearing it up around here. I would love my girl to have a bike but driving a car is deadly enough for her haha.... I got this bike most especially for the "nana" seat b/c i figured it would be alot more comfy for us riding together.

Anyways, I just ordered a SI cage, s/f cage and 12 bar from that group buy a couple threads down so i shoudl be able to act stupid in about 2 weeks. I'm still waiting on the stock linkage for the bike as well. Where did ya get ur front end from and where is the cheapest? i like using hai but i'm not really familiar with any other places. As changing the idle i don't know where to start w/ that what are your suggestions?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:03 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thisiscainyo
Alie nice to know some girls are tearing it up around here. I would love my girl to have a bike but driving a car is deadly enough for her haha.... I got this bike most especially for the "nana" seat b/c i figured it would be alot more comfy for us riding together.

Anyways, I just ordered a SI cage, s/f cage and 12 bar from that group buy a couple threads down so i shoudl be able to act stupid in about 2 weeks. I'm still waiting on the stock linkage for the bike as well. Where did ya get ur front end from and where is the cheapest? i like using hai but i'm not really familiar with any other places. As changing the idle i don't know where to start w/ that what are your suggestions?
Thanks dude!

The nana seat is defintely more comfortable all around for riding and defintely stunting, but i have to say, nervous passengers always slide into the front seat and squish your privates into the tank. LOL.

I had to get stock links too. I bought mine used off ebay for 20 bucks. I also got my headlight off ebay for dirt cheap. You might want to ask around NJ people and get a used one if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Everyone's got parts.

My front end is stock. I haven't thought about swapping my front end...quite yet.

Oh yah, you reminded me that I forgot that I have to install my idle adjustment. You can use any honda idle cable, but I hear that 900rr ones are nice and long. It's pretty quick to do. Get the 900rr cable, get under the tank and take off air filter, take off the screw stopper and replace it with the new cable.

Now that I think of it, I think i have another F4i cable which is stumpular, so I may run to Honda and buy the 900rr one. Let's check ebay, shall we?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:32 PM

not only do u stunt but you know all the facts! I'm overwhelmed! haha thanks for the info. What model front end are you using?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

alie i don't know what the hell you are doing to that tank in the picture you posted but you make it work...lol
Old 06-05-2008, 05:42 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

f4eazys rock

Quick Reply: easing into it... just picked up a f4i