Vertical Mischief Crew Photo Gallery
www.verticalmischief.com
Wisconsin

Donut eating cop

Old 04-19-2004, 04:54 PM

Schiernbeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Donut eating cop

Associated Press

ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. -- A patrolman from Wisconsin left his opponents in a cloud of powdered sugar dust by downing 9 ½ doughnuts in three minutes to win a doughnut-eating contest for police officers in suburban Chicago.

Terry O'Brien of the Town of Geneva Police Department in the Lake Geneva, Wis., area said he was destined to win Wednesday's contest because law enforcement runs in his family.

"Actually, it was my father, who's deceased," O'Brien said. "He was a Chicago cop, a lifer. Today is his birthday."

For the second year in a row, the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association held the contest at its annual conference. The Dunkin' Donuts World Cop Donut Eating Championship attracted 40 contestants from the U.S. and Canada.

Master of Ceremonies Ed Nowicki said he was amazed by what it took to win this year.

"I thought they'd do seven (doughnuts), maybe they'd do eight," Nowicki said. "I couldn't believe 10!"

Money raised through the entry fee and T-shirt sales was donated to the Law Enforcement Memorial Fund and the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association scholarship fund
Old 04-19-2004, 04:58 PM

moemoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Donut eating cop

imagine that