HOW TRUE THIS To Wave or Not to Wave

Old 03-28-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

RMXGRAPHIX is an unknown quantity at this point
HOW TRUE THIS To Wave or Not to Wave

THIS IS OLD BUT WHAT DO YOU DO?

To Wave or Not to Wave
By Shalom Auslander
I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community - a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets - God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa, and while your at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why they don't spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on the top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over
at me and you know what I do? I don't wave I just keep going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ***. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda, and I'll only wave at Honda guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from
me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:41 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Re: HOW TRUE THIS To Wave or Not to Wave

What the ****? You must be bored!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:43 PM

covertwar is a decent person

Half the Harley riders don't wave back. So now, I don't initiate a wave, only if I am in a leisurely mood, but I always wave back, and at other sportbike riders.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=Kyle_PBZ]What the ****? You must be bored! [/QUO
YUP WORK ALL DAY YESTERDAY GETTING BIKES READY FOR TODAY AND IT RAINS OUT ALL DAY
Old 03-28-2004, 08:06 PM

lbdwag is an unknown quantity at this point

That's funny... knee down on the I-90... haha... I wish someone could run the numbers on that. I wonder how fast you would have to be going to accomplish that.

It was sunny and warm here all day, since i don't have my bike yet there was no riding for me.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by lbdwag
That's funny... knee down on the I-90... haha... I wish someone could run the numbers on that. I wonder how fast you would have to be going to accomplish that.

It was sunny and warm here all day, since i don't have my bike yet there was no riding for me.
TYPE IN YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH "TO WAVE OR NOT TO WAVE" SOME PEOPLE HAVE ACTUALY KEPT TRACK but now that you know just see how many people wave first about 2 out of 10 hardly riders do wave but its mostly the trailer queens that do you know the ones all shined up trailer the bike to where they are going leather that has no rash or bugs on it and looks branass new most of the sport bikes wave i usualy give the 2 finger off the clutch wave or a nod of the head
Old 03-28-2004, 09:40 PM

shepdawg is an unknown quantity at this point

hahah i normally wave to everyone......be the better man.....i love the gold wing guys they wave to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:59 PM

Schiernbeck is an unknown quantity at this point

I wave to everyone. If they don't wave back I flip them off.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:29 AM

xR1owner is an unknown quantity at this point

I ride a Ducati 996 and I wave at everybody.......and "yes" I know where the battery is!
Old 04-18-2004, 01:42 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by shepdawg
hahah i normally wave to everyone......be the better man.....i love the gold wing guys they wave to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with this guy, why not wave at everyone, if everyone did that there wouldn't be a problem.

whoever wrote that is an idiot, joke or no joke.

hate is overrated