Multiple Riders hit last night-SEVERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 06:47 PM

gixxer671 is an unknown quantity at this point
Multiple Riders hit last night-SEVERE

Ok, I don't know how to spell these names(and I think I have the right ones), but Kieran and Mike Altsop(Raisor affiliated mgt.) and Jerry and Chris Harmon were all involved in a bad accident last night. Kieran and Mike are ok and swerved to miss the car, but a drunk chick took out Jerry and Chris Harmon (A guy I sold a bike to earlier this year). Chris went to St. Elizabeth's and Jerry was lifelined to Indy. As of now rumors are that Jerry was injured severely enough to have lost his leg and his arm. I understand that he was into lifting and sports, so this will be hard for him. Say a prayer for everyone involved and keep Jerry in mind, as this will be especially hard for him.

Please note this link:
http://www.lafayettejc.com/news20040...94221478.shtml
Old 09-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough
Re: Multiple Riders hit last night-SEVERE

That bitch needs to rot in jail for that ****. Arrested once already, DAMN!!!!!!! My best wishes to all involved, we need to stick together as riders and make sure that bitch doesn't get away with that.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:19 PM

Update: Bad news, very bad. Yesterday afternoon, Jerry passed away due to his injuries. Our prayers go out to his family during this time. Assuming and hoping Chris makes it, he will have a long road ahead of him. We went and visited him last night, and he's hangin in there. Everyone is having a difficult time with this. His parents have flown in from Texas. Family is coming in from everywhere. We're having a hard time pulling anything together due to the holiday weekend, but we will make it. A local guy has been a super great person already. He's contacted MADD, TV-18, and some other folks. Hopefully we can set up some sort of benefit for Chris and his family next Saturday at Raisor Powersports or Phoenix. More info later...
Old 09-04-2004, 12:23 PM

ToesToTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point

may god be with them
Old 09-04-2004, 03:32 PM

UPDATE: I don't know how these rumors get started, but they do. I heard from over a dozen people yesterday that Jerry had died. The story today is that he is still alive, but flat-lined sometime yesterday. It is hard to get the right story from people here when he is in Methodist at indy. Thanks to everyone for the help so far.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:36 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

let me know what's up. i'm not for going to yet ANOTHER ****ING FUNERAL for one of my fellow riders this year but if need be i'll attend. Already lost 2 friends that were riders this year. I hate stupid people.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
I hate stupid people.

Me to. I like cops that arrest stupid people and put them in jail for loooooong periods of time.

UPDATE: Been to see Chris a few times now. He's bad, still in a coma on life support with pressure relieving stuff on his brain. They put him in a bed that will roll him back and forth to keep the blood flowing. Trying to get stuff set up for next Tuesday when everyone gets back from vacation. I hear she is looking at 6-20yrs. The more the community moves, the more the judge will give her.

OTHER BAD NEWS IN GENERAL GOING ON AT THE SAME TIME:
Rex from Crawfordsville wrecked at the Morocco Dragstrip Friday night. Don't read any more of this if you have a full stomach. Friday is wheelie night and I guess they let them wheelie down the track and come back in the same lane. Well, he got into the wall, and crashed past the tree, through the box, and landed on the other side of the fence(after sliding through it). As if that wasn't bad enough, his hip decided to break, as did his femur, which then(graphic.......stop now) decided to end up poking out his skin and push all the way through race leathers. He just happened to be in St. E, so we visited him also. His main goal in life right now is making it through the 10 minute cycles that the morphine is on. He is ok, but will not be walking for atleast 2 months.

.....AND SOME MORE:
Trent was riding around Allison and hit a curb tonight. Both are ok, just a little shook up. I will talk more to Ally tomorrow and see her, but I guess she's a little sore and scratched up.

as for me, I'm welding my bikes together, making four wheeled vehicles, draining all the fluids and putting them in my living room to sit on. What a week
Old 09-05-2004, 01:24 AM

suzukigrrl600 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm so sorry for the family's of everyone that is involved . its a damn shame when a group of friends can't go riding with out having to worry about a drunk bitch hitting them . (sorry about the languge but it pisses me off ) i hope they lock her up and through away the key.
my prayers are with them. please keep us all updated
Old 09-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Super-Thread-editor

Dayum, I thought it was dangerous up here.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:02 AM

An update from the newspaper:
http://cgi.jconline.com/cgi-bin/sear...94274839.shtml
Old 09-05-2004, 02:31 AM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

damn..... god i wish i was the judge umm lets see, torture to the 1000 degree and umm death penalty after 10 years of continuous torture "salt in the wound kinda sheot" man i hope they fri her *** and hope to hell those dudes pull though this **** ok. damn seeing **** like this makes me so mad!! i hate sitting here and not being able to help them out

i dont normaly pray but i make exeptions in situations like this...
Old 09-05-2004, 06:41 AM

Big Brother is a decent person

**** THAT HOE...let her rot.

Hey BITCH...look at my Avatar!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Super-Thread-editor

For some reason I keep thinking that name sounds familiar(Nicole Fox). I'll be keeping tabs on the situation, just keep me updated Mike
Old 09-05-2004, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by CruiserErik
For some reason I keep thinking that name sounds familiar(Nicole Fox). I'll be keeping tabs on the situation, just keep me updated Mike

Hmmm, maybe the latest edition of "My life is over and people want my head" :YEAH
Old 09-05-2004, 01:05 PM

omarnur is an unknown quantity at this point

dude that sucks. my prayers go out to jerry and chris.

That hoe that hit them needs some serious help dude. lock her up.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:39 PM

Chris is still hanging in there. I guess some good news is that the doctor that first saw and worked on him came back in yesterday and she was suprised he was doing that well. He's still in a coma, and on life support, but things are steady.
Jerry is going through some surgeries and I don't know much more than that.
Thanks again for the prayers!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Originally Posted by gixxer671
Chris is still hanging in there. I guess some good news is that the doctor that first saw and worked on him came back in yesterday and she was suprised he was doing that well. He's still in a coma, and on life support, but things are steady.
Jerry is going through some surgeries and I don't know much more than that.
Thanks again for the prayers!
Glad to hear the update. Good or bad, at least it's a holiday weekend, and the families of the injured can spend some time with them w/o having to worry about work and regular day stuff. Mike, do you know if I ever met/rode with those guys? One way or the other, glad you're relaying all the messages for everyone. Still hope that bitch rots in jail for that ****
Old 09-11-2004, 01:51 PM

I guess everyone is doing as well as could be expected. I hope to get down and see Chris today. Talked to one of his buddies last night, and I guess they have him in a halfway medically induced coma right now. Not sure when they will bring him out of it. The stupid $&(&^%(%)(*(*%$$#$%^ chic that hit him was in court this past week. She was reported to have come across very arrogant and not guilty. Ya.... that's it..... it must have been their fault for being in the part of the road that she wanted to drive on.....