Michigan Detroit

Performance Sales

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 05:51 PM

Gelfreak91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Performance Sales

I just wanted to vent about something...

Performance Sales on Michigan & Gulley in Dearborn has a great team working on the bikes. Steve the owner is pretty cool and helpful. Although when they mess up they are very slow to correct the problem. I took my 93 zx7r to the store about 2 months ago....bike wasnt running very well...needed a few things done. Paid cash of $400 in advance for the work...took 1 week 4 days to get done which was very good I thought. The only thing was while they were working on my bike they set my tank on the ground. While the tank was on the ground another customers bike fell over on my tank putting 3 nice size dents in the tank. As he should he stated they could either repair it at no charge or give me some store credit for other parts if i wanted. I choose to just get the tank repaired. I rode the bike home, which i must say was a very nice ride thanks to the mechanic they have, and then took the tank back up the same day. 5 days later I go in to check the status of the tank to find it hasnt moved from its origonal spot. I voice my complaint and Steve's co-owner (name unkown) ask me if i'd like to go out back so he can kick my ***. Very unprofesional if I may say! Steve never apologized for his co-owners antics but I still decided to go in on 4 different occasions and spend another $600 on odd chome parts, bolt sets, ect. I call every 4 business days checking on the tank with promise completion dates which came and went each time. Its now been 3 weeks with no tank. On the 3rd week I told steve regardless of condition if it wasnt done in 4 days I wanted it back and I would take it somewhere else and send him the bill. At that point he told me I could take him to court (which i never mentionened), that he will not give my tank back till its compeleted and that he also no longer wanted my business because I complain to much. I told him the only reason I was hassling them so much because its all about the squeky wheel gets the grease, and besides they made the problem they should correct the problem in a timely manner. At which point steve told me that he has the reverse attitude and that when people do such as that he takes longer on the work. I find steve and his shop to be very knowlegable, but very unprofesional. I have since hopped on ebay and bought a 2nd tank just so i could be riding during the nice spring weather. This tuesday it will have been 4 weeks with no tank...utterly sicking!
Old 05-09-2004, 06:01 PM

Re: Performance Sales

I also forgot to add, one day they called me while at work and told me they had just got in a new tank in that was the "same year as mine" and that if I wanted it I could have it. So I asked a 2nd time to verify..."did it come of the same year bike as mine, a 93?" ...."Yup sure did". Ok i'll come check it out after work. Get to the shop...turns out to be a 2000 tank. No way it could fit. . . when i voiced my complaint to steve that i just made a worthless trip up here, he got angered and said that i was ungratefull and i should have been thankful he was looking for other avenues. My question is how should i be gratefull for you telling me that you had a replacement tank, when you didnt, and get upset at the customer because he is upset. Keep in mind I'm not cussing these guys out like some people would i just calmly express my anger and frustration. I may only be 20 but I'm in college for Business admin, and work for a large security company doing customer service. I can plainly see they have poor business training. Hope they have fun going out of business.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:44 AM

i95leuser is a decent person

WTF!! These guys are acting like they are your buddies talking to you like that...Bullshit bro!! I dont know what to say. Let them have the tank until they call you and rock the tank now i would say man..
Old 05-11-2004, 01:29 PM

919rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Take them to small claims court. Assuming you have all paperwork and a record of all conversions with dates, etc, go in big. Ask for a new tank, plus the cost of repairs for your bike (that you already paid for). You'll probably get more than you think.

K
Old 05-11-2004, 01:50 PM

zodrow is an unknown quantity at this point

aight here goes. . noting against you cause I'm sure you feel like there is nothing you can do, but you need to make these fu(kers understand that what they are doing is not right. I would have a lawyer send them a letter stating a route in which they can take if they do not want to appear in court. Generally this will work, becuase nobody wants to go to court. .but you gotta do something. .

. . you could always break in, take your tank and then burn the fu(kin place to the ground. . .
Old 05-20-2004, 01:23 PM

Judge is an unknown quantity at this point

yea seriously...bad business practice..he wil not be around long with an attitude like that. Take it to court, but be prepared for him to lie his azz off. if he is treating you like this..just imagine what he will be like in court. Be sneaky about it, tell him you want something in writing that it happened in his shop and how it happened...tell him you are just going to take it to your insurance and have them fix it...then once you have his sig on the paperwoirk...walk calmly out and drive the paperwork straight to your lawyer.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:32 PM

I got my tank back...minus the Ninja decals which were on the bike when it was damaged. The tank wasnt even painted that great...it looked nice but in certian normally unseen areas their was run spots in the paint.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:05 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

maaaaan... that's ridiculous! Those Ninja stickers are expensive! Like $70! They ABSOLUTELY are responsible for replacing those. And if the paint isn't up to snuff... sue them! Seriously. If you have paperwork showing what they did... then you will win.

Allow me to add my experience. When I needed a fork for my 1K... I walked in there with a friend, walked right up to the counter... . and there were two guys behind the counter, and one on the customer side. All three were chitchatting. I stood and waited. I waltzed around. Back to the counter. Still waiting. Seriously, probably 5 honest minutes. A long time to stand and be ignored. I was getting annoyed, but I figured it was just a very chatty customer in front of me, and they'd help as soon as they could.

Then, after 5 minutes, the guy I THOUGHT was a customer, turned to me and said "Can I help you?" What the f*ck? They all worked there, and just ignored me for 5 minutes while they joked around.

Having seen just what I saw, I'd never take my bike there, or buy anything from them. Having read what I just read about GelFreak's situation... I'll take a more proactive stand and warn other people not to go there.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:34 PM

erick224 is an unknown quantity at this point

kensington motorsports in southlyon sucks too