Abuquerque, NM

All The Suggestions

Old 10-02-2003, 06:04 PM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point
All The Suggestions

Here it is folks
Originally posted by Corey L
how many are in your group? are there a lot of people who come out riding with you guys? set up events to do rides for like toys for tots or **** like that, gets on good side of media with your name on it...
Originally posted by verticaljay
Sup bro

#1 https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=35240

Read it and follow it, if the public doesnt see you doin it on the road you are less likely to have people hating what u do

#2 make and effort to set up shows to benefit charity, this helps a lot and proves that you are not just some street punk and that you are doing your part for the community.

Basically the more professional you appear the less the public will look down on you and the more respect you will get.

I know its hard to get your name out to the public and the easiest and most fun way is to do it on the streets but thats how you get bad publicity and its hard to get rid of a street punk rap.

We don't even stunt on highways or main roads anymore, if someone wants to see us do something they need to go to one of our shows.

Anyway instead of draggin this on Ive pm's you my number

Gimme a call and Ill tell ya how we work things up in the frigid north
Originally posted by pussycat
yo whats up man , *****-cat here from canada,read your question my two cents on that is that its not worth trying to talk to the 5 diddy, just get in with your local t.v. station and show them that your out there not racing.
that your just trying to have fun thats all.
peace out bling blinger.
Originally posted by CRAZY DAN
The best way to deal with them.......

Dont associate with them!

Ride in a private spo t& trailer your bikes to the location.

Other then that, thats the best you can do as a stunter!

Good luck!!!

You will never win, cause Joe Blow who just got a new bike will do wheelies down the highway all day long thinking hes cool!!!
Originally posted by EEE
START UNDERGROUND..ON THE HOT SPOTS...MEET PEOPLE...GET CONNECTS...AND BUILD A GOOD REP.
Originally posted by Diviniti
Its hard to get on the publics "good side" because, no matter what you do there are always other a-holes out there to just screw it up. Free shows and such at charity events, or other good publicity type events are always a plus to get people interested.

Do get on the law enforcements good side.
Don't get on their bad side. Only creates more problems in the future.

That stuff EEE said is good to. kinda.
Originally posted by TABASCO
Try getting in good with a local bike or performance shop. Having local businesses on your side in the area cant hurt....especially when they break!!
Originally posted by Reality
MY SUGGESTION IS TO TRY TO ORGANIZE YOUR OWN EVENT IN YOUR HOME TOWN(EVEN IF IT'S SMALL).TALK TO SOME LOCAL BIKE SHOPS TRY TO GET THEM TO SPONSOR THE EVENT JUST SO YOU CAN GET $$ TO PAY OFF THE RENTAL OF THE TRACK/AMBULANCE(MAKE SURE IT ORGANIZED) OR WHEREVER THE EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE.AFTER U PULL SOMETHING LIKE THAT OFF U WILL BE A LITTLE MORE RECOGNIZED AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL GET SOME DOORS OPENED @ OTHER EVENTS LIKE CAR SHOWS.
Originally posted by Pat-trick
contact the local news and tell them there is a big bike scene in NM and you guys dont ride on the street anymore. tell them you trying to take it to the next level and legitamize the sport. tell them you only ride in sanctioned events, contest, and charity events. they would eat that stoy up. they would come out and do a story on you and put ya on tv. !
Originally posted by Mark_MPZ
find somewhere out of the way to ride so you don't **** off everyone on the streets
be a PROFESSIONAL not a GANGSTA
try to score shows at your local track, dragstrip, or bike shop, etc.

basically if the public only sees you on the streets endangering yourself and everyone else around you, then they are not going to like you very much, but if they see you as PROFESSIONALS at the track (or some closed course) and you are entertaining to watch, then trust me the public will love you.

that's my 98 cents
Mark
Originally posted by Tony D
ware your gear--- keep it off the streets---basicly be a good person---Its about a serious sport not about being a rock star and glamor!!!
Originally posted by GreggV
IMO.....Doing charity stuff seems to help a lot....... like toys for tots....This coming weekend we are doing a show with the sherriffs office and motorcycle safety foundation.....By doing this we have got radio time and all over the news this week.....any positive promotion is good.....we try to make it habit when we do shows and stuff like this to promote safety and wearing the proper protection while riding..........If I think of anything else I will post up..............
Originally posted by StuntRagz Chris
we also do not practice on highways anymore. if you start to grow and become recognized as a stunt team in your area, then it is to your advantage to stay off the roadways..if you are a rogue rider then tear that **** up...
Originally posted by StuntRagz Chris
have a good PR man..... basically we have a good system. everyone in the group is always looking for opportunity then it just funnels down to me for closure. just take advantage of things already going on and see if you can be a part of it. plan on doing a lot of free **** until you become recongized.
Originally posted by DV8Ronnie
my best advice.......

i try to be as honest as i can when its somethin i feel strongly about... just be yerself and let the ridin do the talkin for ya!! dont need to say anything to kick some ***! good side or bad side, if you participate and do well, you will be fine!
Originally posted by CBROrange
just start booking shows.....that's the only way to get people to look at you and your crew as a professional bunch of people....my .0002 cents
Originally posted by dAcesCory
Not really sure what to say about this. It does not help to be on anyones bad side and everyone can help you somehow if you are on their good side, thats life.

Places for shows try the obvious, motor cycle dealer ships, drag strips, any type of race tracks and car shows. It is not easy, you have to convince people that it will benefit them somehow to have you perform at their event. You have to convince them that you will represent their name and/or business name in a good manor. A lot of people think that stunters are a bunch of ganster punks ruining the sport of motorcycling for everyone, if you are asking any of those people to hire you...Good Luck!

Also, no matter how great or sh!ty you are at stunting, DO NOT DO ANY SHOWS FOR FREE!!!! Most stunt groups would like to get paid for doing shows(even though they still do them for free). There is a ton of money to made for all of us doing performances, but why would anyone pay us if there are groups all over the place doing shows for free or for a new rear tire. The demand for stunt shows is getting much bigger, think how much could be made if everyone would do a show for $1000 minimum.
Originally posted by Merk
try not to ride on the streets, stay in designated areas or parking lots, be nice.....and always give attention to the kids.....its all about the kids

i dunno try to hook up little local shows...if you get paid dope, if not at least you get a place to ride and a chance to show people your not a bunch of hooligans

just remember to take a shat on streets