Outermost Photo Gallery
www.teamoutermost.com
Abuquerque, NM

F2/F3 tips, tricks, information...and other stuff.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:43 AM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point
F2/F3 tips, tricks, information...and other stuff.

So many people ride f2/f3's, i think there should be a big *** sticky post (lol) somwhere about them. Who has what gearing, what crash cage, 12 bar? Any tips, tricks, wierd parts that swap easy from other bikes. ect. OM forum is gonna be the best forum out there. And only the cool people will be able to share our infomation

Edub, what gearing do you have on your f3?

Anybody else....post anything you know.

"leak proof fork seals" suck...or atleast mine leaked out of the box.
Steel sprockets = win
Oil your chain
Dont overtighten your oil drain plug...you can crack the pan easier than you think.
Wear sunscreen.
Chop your levers, you'll get used to it and like it more.
If you have a red/white F2 with decent paint...dont spraypaint it, you'll regret it later. trust me.
Dont let your ziptie'd plate hang too low. It gets sucked into the tire and wedges in the swingarm.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: F2/F3 tips, tricks, information...and other stuff.

Originally Posted by Squidmark
And only the cool people will be able to share our infomation

well that plan went down the drain
Old 07-21-2005, 02:13 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

So many people ride f2/f3's, i think there should be a big *** sticky post (lol) somwhere about them. Who has what gearing, what crash cage, 12 bar? Any tips, tricks, wierd parts that swap easy from other bikes. ect. OM forum is gonna be the best forum out there. And only the cool people will be able to share our infomation

Steel sprockets = win
Oil your chain
Dont overtighten your oil drain plug...you can crack the pan easier than you think.
Wear sunscreen.
If you have a red/white F2 with decent paint...dont spraypaint it, you'll regret it later. trust me.
Dont let your ziptie'd plate hang too low. It gets sucked into the tire and wedges in the swingarm.
hahahaha

not a bad idea.....these bikes are the ****......especially to learn on
Old 07-21-2005, 02:16 AM
AGGRESSION!

Im running +20 on my bike........520 chain with 2 master links lol

crazy *** scrape bar with reinforced subframe
cherry mint red banana seat haha
relocated the key to under the bike so I dont shut it off
F4i front end (thanks to Darius)
F2 radiator
homemade handbreak
freestyle ingenuity cage
XR50 number plate lol

ill think of more.......my bike has all kinds of sick rigs haha

Last edited by E-DUB OM; 07-21-2005 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:35 AM

i cut the stops on my clip-ons today and moved them outward...kinda dirtbike style. I really like it so far.

Ernie, do you have a kill switch on your bike? what'd you do so you dont smack it off on highchairs ect ect
Old 07-23-2005, 03:38 PM
AGGRESSION!

i cut the stops on my clip-ons today and moved them outward...kinda dirtbike style. I really like it so far.

Ernie, do you have a kill switch on your bike? what'd you do so you dont smack it off on highchairs ect ect
I still have the kill switch cause I use it a lot to shut the bike off in high sides and stuff. I use it way too much not to have it. I relocated my key to under the bike that way I dont shut it off though
Old 07-29-2005, 05:06 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Steel sprockets = win
Oil your chain
Wear sunscreen.
1992 f2, 25k miles, stock header w. yosh mid pipe and (now) hi mount carbon two bros. slip (10"), -2(530) +8(520) w. 530 chain, reinforced rear pass bracket, zip tied f3 tail light to tip of sub (scraped to ****), atv bars, kx 125 risers, yz 125 throttle cable, roadstar warrior 1700 clutch cable, r6 brake lines, rh rear set from a 2002 gsxr 600 with some scrap metal holding it to the frame, and (i swear to god) a funions bag, a dolly madison donut wrapper, and a tab from a can of go fast are all wedged in between my seat and above mentioned tail light, oh and I rigged a toggle switch for my fan , and some white velcros with X'ed up straps (yeah joe joe... ppppppppleassssssssssssssssssssssssse!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
12345.JPG (30.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-30-2005, 05:15 AM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLish
1992 f2, 25k miles, stock header w. yosh mid pipe and (now) hi mount carbon two bros. slip (10"), -2(530) +8(520) w. 530 chain, reinforced rear pass bracket, zip tied f3 tail light to tip of sub (scraped to ****), atv bars, kx 125 risers, yz 125 throttle cable, roadstar warrior 1700 clutch cable, r6 brake lines, rh rear set from a 2002 gsxr 600 with some scrap metal holding it to the frame, and (i swear to god) a funions bag, a dolly madison donut wrapper, and a tab from a can of go fast are all wedged in between my seat and above mentioned tail light, oh and I rigged a toggle switch for my fan , and some white velcros with X'ed up straps (yeah joe joe... ppppppppleassssssssssssssssssssssssse!)

Thats Bad ***!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 04:39 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manny
Thats Bad ***!!!
its getting blacker (the tank and rims) whens the alb release so we can all roll down?, remember, we're only 5 hours away!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:10 PM
AGGRESSION!

Originally Posted by DLish
its getting blacker (the tank and rims) whens the alb release so we can all roll down?, remember, we're only 5 hours away!
****in right man......we're just trying to figure out a date....

Ill keep you informed though ....

you gotta see HOOKS van man.....straight chester like you like em....even gots a cage in the back with no windows
Old 08-08-2005, 10:03 PM

BeLLiSSimO1 is an unknown quantity at this point

whats up with 12 bars anyone got one laying around they wanna get rid of? i need one cuz my tail is gettin pretty tore up. if not does 905 or fi or powers make one for the f3? :YEAH
Old 08-09-2005, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
****in right man......we're just trying to figure out a date....

Ill keep you informed though ....

you gotta see HOOKS van man.....straight chester like you like em....even gots a cage in the back with no windows
hahaah my boss at work totes their dirtbikes with an all white 85 gmc van, it has 2 reAR WINOWS, but cory and i are gonna paint some carboard with little finger scratch marks down the middle with "help" written backwards
Old 08-18-2005, 11:10 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

pics of the reinforced subframe?? i snapped/twisted mine 2xs so far....
Old 08-18-2005, 11:17 PM

the ways i've seen/heard them stiffened up.

Buy some like 5/8" solid steel round stock (you can get it at most hardware stores) cut the very end of the subframe off and pound those *****es in as far as they can god....I suppose you could weld the piece you cut off back on when your done.....(i like that idea now that i think about it)

Other people run flatstock alongside of the entire bottom tube on the subframe and follow it up to about level with the seat where they tack on their 12-bar plate.

I've used 1/2" angle iron and some 1/4" x 1.5" plate steel and just kinda welded them whereever i felt like it.

Go to some place that has that little isle of steel stock (they are yellow shelve things in all the hardware stores up here) Buy a bunch of misc ****, and go to town on it. :YEAH

on thing i kinda want to do is take some 5/8" pipe and weld a piece from the front bolt of the passenger pegs, to the middle of the FRAME right around where the rear-sets bolt onto.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Handbrakes. I might have come up with an uber cheap alternative to the kinda ghetto jbweld an npt fitting on.

Basically Im milling out my own gp-tech fitting, and its drilled/tapped to accept a 10mmx1.25 banjo bolt. I can get tolerences close enough so you can still use the c-clip to hold it in. Im waiting on my braided line, but I'll post up with how it turns out.

btw. It is ~$39 shipped for a 54" #3 braided steel brake line with 10mm banjo fittings from BonocoInc.
(909)985-3429

Edub, what kinda rear brake pads u run?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:26 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

on thing i kinda want to do is take some 5/8" pipe and weld a piece from the front bolt of the passenger pegs, to the middle of the FRAME right around where the rear-sets bolt onto.

what for? support the subframe? it's not going to break off..it's welded on the frame.... i use a hose clamp to hold my rear peg down, to keep it from folding up...just incase nobody does this.... ayone have any problems w/ their rear break lever being down too far to hit while doing standups, but fine position for riding it???
Old 08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
AGGRESSION!

Handbrakes. I might have come up with an uber cheap alternative to the kinda ghetto jbweld an npt fitting on.

Basically Im milling out my own gp-tech fitting, and its drilled/tapped to accept a 10mmx1.25 banjo bolt. I can get tolerences close enough so you can still use the c-clip to hold it in. Im waiting on my braided line, but I'll post up with how it turns out.

btw. It is ~$39 shipped for a 54" #3 braided steel brake line with 10mm banjo fittings from BonocoInc.
(909)985-3429

Edub, what kinda rear brake pads u run?
Stock man....nothing but stockers
Old 08-20-2005, 04:29 PM

cool. When these ebc HH's start to suck(more) I'll get a honda set.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:48 PM

andy° is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard that carb are bad???
who ride with FI and who with carbs???
is it better?worser?
let it now
Old 09-05-2005, 04:10 PM

back in black
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bf3c.jpg (23.3 KB, 20 views)

Quick Reply: F2/F3 tips, tricks, information...and other stuff.