03 636 motor *bent valves*

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:21 PM

aznxstazy is a decent person
03 636 motor *bent valves*

hey guys, i have a 03 636 engine that has some bent valves. not sure how many are bent.

Story:
My stupid friend said he could do my valve adjustment, but ended up messing up the timing a little bit resulting in bending my valves. i think the exhaust side the one that got messed up. after it didn't start, i took it back to my house where i worked on the timing. i redid the timing and put back everything got everything and turned it over and IT STARTED. but it makes a loud metal hitting metal noise. after i heard that i cut it off and pretty much let it sit. i replaced the motor with a motor i found from a local bike that was wrecked. so the motor has been wrapped and had plugged the ports since then.

the motor has:
- 16xxx miles
- i owned the motor since 14xxx miles changed the oil twice already on it.
- 3rd gear had a slit grind at high rpms
- clutch or starter cover cracked (the motor i got had a crack so i swapped it over)
- new shims =D

would rather like someone local to pick this up, but might able to ship. i never shipped anything this heavy.

i also have very good feedback. i dont sell much on this forum, but i am on msprotege.com and other local forums.
you can check my ebay feedback user AznXstazy

Price: i see good engines going for like 1000 etc. so i think 400 obo sounds fair. if not pm me a offer. thanks

EDIT: sorry forgot to mention located in RICHMOND, VA 23294.