LOOK LOOK Subframes New lower price

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough
Re: LOOK LOOK Subframes New lower price

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Being a CNC programmer/operator myself for the last 8 years, I cant help but laugh really hard at comments like this...

First of all a new decent CNC machine is $50,000+, my CAD/CAM software package was $20,000 alone! So not eveyone has access to even push those buttons...And even if you do you need to know how to design, program, machine jigs, and set up the machine for the task. They dont program or set up themselfs!

I deal with stupid comments like this everyday, my customers complain about price when they find out their part only took 5min to cut out on one of my CNC's....They have no idea what it takes to make that part besides the 5min of machine time....

If the quality and desing is good, $450 seems like a good price to me....Then again Ive made custom subs before so I know what kind of work is involved.
i know that u gotta write the program and design the part and set everything up i used to work in a shop that did alot of cnc work but after thats all done after u design the part its just hitting a few buttons and u can start just crankin them out right....... not sayin its easy or that anyone can do it and def tryin to hate ..... i prolly could of worded it better but the point i was trying to make is that the price isnt that bad and that guys like you,hohey,and this guy r makin quality stuff that no one else makes and if you want these parts that r going to make your life 1000000 times easier then ur gonna pay the price or just keep buyin the junk stock **** its that simple.....