brembo 16x18's for sale china version

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 PM

Noglory is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: brembo 16x18's for sale china version

these better not be junk and fake......im sure paypal will back us all up on this buy
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 PM

"posy up a pic of a real brembo and i will post up a china version.... there is a difference in the thailand version.... mainly the structure and finish is not as strong.... the finish on a thailand version is painted on ... also... i have both the usa spec brembos... you can get from hai or where ever... and i got these on my other bikes too... there is no absolute difference at all...except the levers... the levers on the china version are one piece and dont pivot..like the usa version... the pics of the china version is by itself the usa version is on my old 636 that i sold to frayz... in florida and .... the thailand version tend to have leaks and the threads arent that good where you screw in the banjo.... hope that explains some of the differences for you .."

Posted by bishop

I think we may have been screwed over major in this deal! he said the finish on the thailand ones are painted on and the usa ones are forged and the finish is not shiney like the one i recieved. i hope Bishop was being honest to all of us and no trying to make some quick money. For a guy that sells STUNT shoes to stunters, i dont think it would be a smart thing to start screwing over the very people that might actually think of buying stasis shoes. I just read about alot of ppl hating on bishop, then getting the master i ordered from him looking at it and seeing that it is remakably similar to the thailand version, i may regret doing buisness with this guy! I AM NOT sayin that these are for sure the thailand verion but i will not waist my time putting this master on until i hear that these are good and true versions of the master that he said we would be getting.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:28 PM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DSR_DAVID
ummmmmmm,just to let all you guys know.they'e selling these things on ebay for 7 bucks buy it now.these look like thgey are the exact same ones sent from thailand.these masters are def bunk.i bought one thinking they were the real thing and i only got 1 good use out of it and then it started locking up and spittin fluid everywhere.i would spend the right amount of money 210 shipped and get a real one if i were you guys.just an FYI
bro i use mine all the time... havent locked up on me... and mine are from another place... if there ever was a problem... i would fix it if it is possible for me to do so .... trust... i am not out to get anyone...and i will be a little happier when people get that notion out of there heads.... i am truely starting to get sick of it
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Noglory
"posy up a pic of a real brembo and i will post up a china version.... there is a difference in the thailand version.... mainly the structure and finish is not as strong.... the finish on a thailand version is painted on ... also... i have both the usa spec brembos... you can get from hai or where ever... and i got these on my other bikes too... there is no absolute difference at all...except the levers... the levers on the china version are one piece and dont pivot..like the usa version... the pics of the china version is by itself the usa version is on my old 636 that i sold to frayz... in florida and .... the thailand version tend to have leaks and the threads arent that good where you screw in the banjo.... hope that explains some of the differences for you .."

Posted by bishop

I think we may have been screwed over major in this deal! he said the finish on the thailand ones are painted on and the usa ones are forged and the finish is not shiney like the one i recieved. i hope Bishop was being honest to all of us and no trying to make some quick money. For a guy that sells STUNT shoes to stunters, i dont think it would be a smart thing to start screwing over the very people that might actually think of buying stasis shoes. I just read about alot of ppl hating on bishop, then getting the master i ordered from him looking at it and seeing that it is remakably similar to the thailand version, i may regret doing buisness with this guy! I AM NOT sayin that these are for sure the thailand verion but i will not waist my time putting this master on until i hear that these are good and true versions of the master that he said we would be getting.
if you are worried bro... just send it back... i have no problem refunding you buddy..... there is no such thing as quick money... and the thailand ones are different and they are not 7 bucks... they make up they losses on the shipping by charging like 35-40 bucks... so i dont think i can retire because i sold a few brembo's..lol... i have a good bit of coin if i must say so myself ... so i really dont need to screw any one over ...
Old 03-12-2008, 11:26 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Everyone STFU and Quit hating on Bishop.. u bought a ******* knock off brembo... you get what you pay for... I bought one too... I'll see how mine is this weekend...

You should all be happy as hell that he's standing behind them.. As far as I know nobody has had a proven problem with them yet.. Beto Had a problem sat with his brakes but very good possibility it wasn't the frembo... He alread talked with bishop and bishop is coming through like a champ trying to help him figure out if it's the master or something else on his bike...

Not trying swing from Bishops nuts.. but damn he's not forcing you to buy **** just trying to help you get a better deal on some expensive **** and telling you straight up that it's a knockoff...

The shoe deal everone keeps going back on.. well unless you personaly had issues there and actually know what happened with the shipping and what he did to fix the situation **** off... Tired of hearing everyone hate on someone that does a lot for this sport and has tryed hard to fix his mistakes....

ok enough nut swinging...lol
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
Everyone STFU and Quit hating on Bishop.. u bought a ******* knock off brembo... you get what you pay for... I bought one too... I'll see how mine is this weekend...

You should all be happy as hell that he's standing behind them.. As far as I know nobody has had a proven problem with them yet.. Beto Had a problem sat with his brakes but very good possibility it wasn't the frembo... He alread talked with bishop and bishop is coming through like a champ trying to help him figure out if it's the master or something else on his bike...

Not trying swing from Bishops nuts.. but damn he's not forcing you to buy **** just trying to help you get a better deal on some expensive **** and telling you straight up that it's a knockoff...

The shoe deal everone keeps going back on.. well unless you personaly had issues there and actually know what happened with the shipping and what he did to fix the situation **** off... Tired of hearing everyone hate on someone that does a lot for this sport and has tryed hard to fix his mistakes....

lol your my hero 1st gear..lol
Old 03-13-2008, 10:24 AM

skinnyR! is a decent person

I agree. I bought one of these frembo's too. It is sitting on my kitchen counter. I know full well that it is fake, and am taking a chance.

I think it looks well made, but won't know if it works until a try it this weekend.

Again, he states in his first post that it is fake. He ain't tryin to hide anything. If mine doesn't work, I know that is the risk I took for buyin fake.

I honestly don't even expect him to refund my money or do anything for me if it doesn't work. WE ALL KNEW IT WAS FAKE UPON INITIAL PURCHASE. What would I complain about, that it is fake??? No **** sherlock.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 AM

these better not be junk and fake......im sure paypal will back us all up on this buy
THEY ARE FAKE. CLEARLY STATED IN HIS FIRST POST.

How are you going to complain about the obvious????

I don't get it. You buy something knowing it is fake, that bitch that it is fake. Gimme a break.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
THEY ARE FAKE. CLEARLY STATED IN HIS FIRST POST.

How are you going to complain about the obvious????

I don't get it. You buy something knowing it is fake, that bitch that it is fake. Gimme a break.
ha ha... good point ... thats why i always liked you... i remember talking to you cause you got that rush deal vest... i like happy people...and mine work fine... i wouldnt sell someone something that is gonna get them hurt... i got to much to loss... i will stand behind them and if for some reason or another there are issues i will work it out with any body who got one... all you guys are my family far as i am concerned....even if most of you are white and i am black will are still all bros...and bleed red...and luv stunting :YEAH :YEAH
Old 03-13-2008, 01:36 PM

evilsydeeggot is an unknown quantity at this point

btw, u still have any available?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by evilsydeeggot

i have the one he sold me ill sell it to ya for what he sold it to me for?

Sorry Bishop i wasnt blaming you, i was just saying where i come from. i work hard for my money and i understand that these are knock offs and all but you said they dont look like the ones from thailand in your first post then i got mine and looked at it and its the same way. Once again im sorry if it came off the wrong way and BISHOP you are a stand up guy if your willing to give me a refund! but if this guy here wants one i got one for him.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by evilsydeeggot

i have the one he sold me ill sell it to ya for what he sold it to me for? 70 bucks shipped!:YEAH

Sorry Bishop i wasnt blaming you, i was just saying where i come from. i work hard for my money and i understand that these are knock offs and all but you said they dont look like the ones from thailand in your first post then i got mine and looked at it and its the same way. Once again im sorry if it came off the wrong way and BISHOP you are a stand up guy if your willing to give me a refund! but if this guy here wants one i got one for him.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:00 PM

PM'd...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 PM

All this talk got me curious about the frembo.

So I went home today and took a look at mine. It is definately painted. I don't know if this means its from thailand or whereever, but it is with a doubt painted. Bishops post way up above said the thailand ones are painted, so.......

Regardless, I went to mount it up, and the threads are good, but they are a different pitch. I think they are 10x1, where as stock everything else (honda, kawi....) is 10x1.5.

So in other words, Im dead in the water until I can track down this banjo bolt. Anyone else run into this? Where the threads are different pitch? The bleed and line are both the same, so you can swap the two and bleed from the top when mounted.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Yes you can swap the bleeder and feed line.. Threads are also differant than most MC's.. not sure of the pitch haven't checked yet.. was going to go hunt a banjo bolt down sat to set mine up..
Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

for the brembos its a m10-1.0 the standard ones on most stock mc's are m10-1.5(or 1.25) cant remember. I got lucky and found one in my old gixxer calipers
Old 03-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Beto
for the brembos its a m10-1.0 the standard ones on most stock mc's are m10-1.5(or 1.25) cant remember. I got lucky and found one in my old gixxer calipers

Just got back from the dealer, and you are correct, gixxer banjo bolts are the same.

I'll keep posting in this thread about my findings.....

EDIT:

Searching the internet reveals mostly positive reviews of both the thailand and china versions. So we will see.

Last edited by skinnyR!; 03-14-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 PM

i have the one he sold me ill sell it to ya for what he sold it to me for? 70 bucks shipped!:YEAH

PM/Paypal sent. thanks!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:09 PM

Anyone else given there's a try yet??

I pretty much spent all day today fiddling with mine trying to get it to work.

I'm runnin mine with a full throttle master, not the fitting. My old hand brake was a 636 master, and it would lock up clutch in, with a hard pull, with one finger.

I went through all the bleeding motions with this frembo. With the adjuster on the frembo all the way out, it would nearly lock the tire if I pulled the lever all the way to the bar, two or three fingers.

I re-bleed, over and over and over. At the handle bar, and at the caliper. I continued to bleed cracking all of the fittings. I used both a vacuum bleeder and the conventional method. Still crap. When I would turn the adjuster in so that I could reach the lever with my finger, the hand brake would hardly do anything. The only way it would work is if the throw on the lever was all the way out, far enough that I had to take my hand off the bar to reach it. No good.

So, as a last resort I went to the dealer and bought new brake pads too. Still crap.

Im gonna give it another go tomorrow after it sits all night. Hopefully this is a bleeding issue, but I really don't think so. The feel at the lever is just spongy. The feel is just terrible. It doesn't bite at all.

Thoughts?

Last edited by skinnyR!; 03-15-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:29 PM

DSR_DAVID is an unknown quantity at this point

now hold up playa.u dont need to jump on here and say shut the **** up to anyone hommie.i was stating a point that i got fucked and to watch out.and if this guy is making such good points that he doesnt need to screw anybody over then he must be the NICEST guy i've EVER heard of selling brembo's for 70 bucks.if he really isnt rippin people off then he's got to be losing cash out the *******,cause i gaurantee you that NOONE can find a brembo for less than $180 for the 16x18 versions and thats for damn sure.so how bout you shut the **** up and get off this guys *****.now i am sayin it,he's pullin a fast one on all of you guys. look at this frembo.look familiar????? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bremb...spagenameZWD1V

now here's the real thing,now tell me the first one is the same thing,pfft

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bremb...spagenameZWD1V

Last edited by DSR_DAVID; 03-15-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Quick Reply: brembo 16x18's for sale china version