Carbon Fiber - whatcha need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:39 AM

racedout is a decent person
Re: Carbon Fiber - whatcha need?

thats the only 2 big accounts we have that MIGHT have anything like that....ill keep my eye out at some junk yards and ebay and such
Old 10-27-2007, 03:17 PM

tryNrunME is a decent person

how much for a 01 gsxr600 upper, if you dont already have one i could probably find one to send you, i think that would look sick, just my
Old 10-27-2007, 05:19 PM

Amir-R is a decent person

What do you make the molds out of. And do you cure your parts in an oven or in an autoclave?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Amir-R
What do you make the molds out of. And do you cure your parts in an oven or in an autoclave?

i use the original part as the plug then use tooling gelcoat and fiberglass to make the mold, after that ill sand and polish the mold to a mirror finish

i vacuum bag all my parts and depending on the weather, after 5 hours in the mold after its hard enought to pull from the mold...ill throw whatever parts i have in the oven at 275degrees for 35 min to go ahead and cure the parts..wait 24 hours then sand/polish or do a matte finish on the part.....
Old 10-27-2007, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by tryNrunME
how much for a 01 gsxr600 upper, if you dont already have one i could probably find one to send you, i think that would look sick, just my

we dont have one for that part...but i mean if you wanted one for your bike we could do it....racedout pretty much tries to focus on parts that will sell more than 1 copy obviously to offset the cost of making the mold....molds aint cheap heh, esp with the materials that i use

hell if you can get some people to do a group buy...ill beat almost any price out there for carbon fiber parts....
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 AM

Timmy P is a decent person

Do you have a products on ebay?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bent Rim Tim
Do you have a products on ebay?

no ive found that there are other ways to sell our products without having to be screwed out of $10-15+ in profits from ebay/paypal....we hit up the local bikenight passing out business cards and such, hitting up a few forums here and there
Old 10-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Daddy Squid

seldon929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

how many plies of carbon are you using?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by seldon929rr
how many plies of carbon are you using?

depends on the application, most small cosmetic parts ill use 2 4oz carbon 2x2 twill and 1 black 8.9oz fiberglass

race specific parts ill use 4 layers of 6oz 2x2 twill carbon fiber and no fiberglass
Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by racedout
no ive found that there are other ways to sell our products without having to be screwed out of $10-15+ in profits from ebay/paypal....we hit up the local bikenight passing out business cards and such, hitting up a few forums here and there
The only reason I asked is becuase ive seen the same pic of your heel gaurds on ebay under username Allsportcycles and wanted to make sure your legit and not steeling pictures to get someone to send you a few hundred and you bail on a fellow stunter. But you seem to know what your talking about when it comes to the proccess. Just whatchin out for us man.. Just wanted to know why they have the same picture you do.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:47 PM

The only reason I asked is becuase ive seen the same pic of your heel gaurds on ebay under username Allsportcycles and wanted to make sure your legit and not steeling pictures to get someone to send you a few hundred and you bail on a fellow stunter. But you seem to know what your talking about when it comes to the proccess. Just whatchin out for us man.. Just wanted to know why they have the same picture you do.

hrm not sure, anyone on here can give me a call anytime 469-951-0894, also our website is www.racedout.com we also have a forum on there my name is darin and im the owner of the company, i have had parts on ebay in the past but they want to rape you on the insert fees and then want a percentage of the sale..then paypal wants to rape you ontop of that

not sure if you guys know any stunters in the dallas area, but a few i hangout with will vouch that there is no scam ;P i make shitloads of carbon parts every single day, i go through about 10 yards of CF fabric a month right now and sometime this winter ill be making a carbon fiber gastank for the 07 r1

Last edited by racedout; 10-28-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:54 PM

haha my buddy told me ya msged him on ebay askin if i was legit, thats the pic you are talking about lol...yea we share work, if i get too busy ill throw work his way even tho he is in arizona and im in texas....like wise if he is busy he throws work my way but yea you can either order from him or me its pretty much the same thing we have the same pricing basis
Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by racedout
haha my buddy told me ya msged him on ebay askin if i was legit, thats the pic you are talking about lol...yea we share work, if i get too busy ill throw work his way even tho he is in arizona and im in texas....like wise if he is busy he throws work my way but yea you can either order from him or me its pretty much the same thing we have the same pricing basis
Hey good deal. Ill be hitting you up during the dead of winter for that tail when I pull **** apart for paint and polishing. Probly early January.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:40 PM

Hey good deal. Ill be hitting you up during the dead of winter for that tail when I pull **** apart for paint and polishing. Probly early January.

badass...yea you cant beat that deal at all...def a good price ;P
Old 10-30-2007, 05:38 PM

http://www.racedout.com/forum-pages/...read.php?t=150

more pictures of the latest mold
Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 PM

Amir-R is a decent person

What type of resin do you make the parts with? Epoxy resin? And do the parts come out with sharp edges or do they fold around like the originial part?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Amir-R
What type of resin do you make the parts with? Epoxy resin? And do the parts come out with sharp edges or do they fold around like the originial part?

currently i use only WEST systems epoxy, no polyester resin garbage that will spider crack/fade...all my parts have uv inhibitors mixed in with the resin to prevent discoloration

depending on the part really decides on the final outcome...obviously parts cant have a rounded edge thats made with C/F because of the process used to create the parts....however sometimes we will build up the edges with epoxy and sand it so its nice and smooth....just depends on the application...heel guards have epoxy on the edges because of the cosmetics of the part where as side covers for gastanks or things like that will be straight edge because you wont see that area
Old 11-03-2007, 02:16 PM

FastRR is a decent person

Bump.. Anyone still wanting carbon fiber parts? Me and my homey RacedOut can make almost anything in the way of covers, fairings, and guards. We have ZX10, 1000RR, F4, F4i heel guards in stock, I'm working on some carbon fiber chain guards for the F4/F4i currently. Also i'm building a mold to make F4i tail fairings - split seat..no banana seat fairings. I'll do a banana seat tail fairing but it will cost more because i'll never be able to use the mold again. We can do side triangle seat to tank covers for $110 a pair , any japanese sport bike that came with them. Dash wiring covers too for $130 a pair. F4i side fairings, uppers if you need one. PM RacedOut or me and we will get you set up.

We both use UV resistant epoxy and real 3K carbon fiber twill. I clearcoat all my parts so they are glossy. Looks Sick.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:09 PM

You guys should make a sharkfin sprocket guard. that would be sick.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:40 PM

FastRR is a decent person

We will make those to fit any size rear sprocket, help to keep your hands and fingers out of the sprocket. No way in hell are we guaranteeing it as a safety device though.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber - whatcha need?