2003 GSXR w/ clean title for cheap....some mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 AM

Tampamax is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 GSXR w/ clean title for cheap....some mods

I don't expect to much to come from this, but figured i'd put this out there just in case. Only trade will be for cash....located in Tampa, FL.

This bike has had only one real owner. The original owner bought it new in to turn it into a rolling advertisement for his motorcycle performance shop. Shortly after going through the motor and doing a light SuperSport build(I.E. head work/thinner head gasket) he was in a bad car accident which messed him up pretty good. The gentleman had to close up shop due to becoming disabled and the next owner bought the bike as a first bike. He had it delivered to his house were he said he and his friend put on the 999 headlight and integrated tail light so he could street ride it. Took it down the street once which he said scared him, well ____less. After his friend went to the end of the street and rode the bike back to his garage it sat there for over a year. He decides to put it up for sale and this is how i find it.

I bought the bike (2003 GSXR 1000) with a clean/clear title showing 300 miles. I shipped it over here from california months ago, yet haven't gotten around to using it. As you can see i only put a few miles on the bike and this is from riding the bike around the neighborhood once or twice a month to make sure everything stays in good order. With my schedule i don't have time to take this out, and a back that is getting worse doesn't help. Keep in mind the bike was raced for nearly 300 miles and did sit for a while getting rolled around in a garage so its not going to be perfect. However, i hope the pics will allow you to see enough detail to determine if this may be the bike for you.

The bike has good sticky DOT approved race tires, Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen, Vortex keyless gas cap, LSL dual use frame sliders(the tie down blanks are on the bike right now...don't know where the pucks disappeared to), exhaust is a SS Yoshi header and mid pipe with a Sato titanium muffler, NRC magnesium case covers, slight upper end motor work, Ducati 999 projector headlight, integrated tail light/turn signals, currently set up for GP(reverse) shifting. Not sure where they are, but the bar end mirrors i had for the bike went missing. I already set the price of the bike taking this into consideration......however, if i find the mirrors i'll include those for free.

The 6,000 dollar price is somewhat flexible depending on how soon i have cash in my hand and how nice(or not nice) you are.

Tired of dealing with dreamers and tire kickers......Any real buyers at 5,000?