04 R6 slightly stunted

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
04 R6 slightly stunted

Bike is located in Koscuisko, MS.

I have an 04 R6 that was in an accident before i got the bike.

The guy I got from bought the bike back form the insurance company and it is still titled in his name he was riding it on the street untill the day I got it. I checked with the MS State Tax commision and it is registered in his name with no record of any salvage history. Should be an easy transfer, the title is marked "original".
The title is signed by the previous owner last. It's in this order:
1.Owner
2.Insurance State Farm
3.Owner

I haven't registered it in my name yet because I dont ride streets anymore anyway and it's not finished with what I had planned.

I have been working on it every now and then putting money in it when I can so this is it so far:

Woodcraft clipons
Hotboddies Race upper (Primered never mounted)
-3 or -1 in front & 520 conversion
M4 GP pipe (made it fit)
Custom made fairing stay (steel)-Atown1101
Kleen air mod is done
Ez pull clutch
Fullthrottle-New style handbrake setup
2 passenfer seats- 1 with hole ones stock
1 extra front rim with a bend in the lip but otherwise straight

I have a complete 99 R1 front end (Forks, triples, axle, aftermarket clipons) that I was thinking about doing the swap with and may make part of the deal.

The Bad:

The fairings are in good condition overall but could use some work for perfection.
No guages at all were on the bike and the title reads 16k ( I have no idea of actual mileage)
The subframe does seem to have a slight tweak (went down on left side).
It could use new fork seals
Original Tank is damaged on left side but no leaks.
I have an extra tank that is dented on it now.

This bike could make an easy street stunter with a little more effort and I have no time ride much less work on it.

I just stuck the upper and mids on for reference & the fairing stay is not mounted on so it looks a little funny.

I bought this bike thinking I may use it as a stunt bike but decided otherwise. I have riden it about 5 times with no wrecks or damage since I've owned it.
Let me know if you need more specifics.

3400 would include everything I have listed. Would trade down for a 636 salvaged or worse plus a little cash OBO on another bike.

My email is revditup@yahoo.com if you don't get me here and my cell is:
662-582-6003

Name:  IMG_0248.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  209.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0247.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  242.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0243.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  185.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0244.jpg
Size:  93.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0245.jpg
Size:  188.6 KB

Last edited by THORPE; 09-27-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Re: 04 R6 slightly stunted

Would also trade for bike that can be setup as a motard
Old 09-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Bump!!!!!!!

What's a fair price?????
Streetable title
R1-front end
Handbrake
Full Fairings
Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 AM

CRAZY... is an unknown quantity at this point

id say thats a no title bike. if it was signed by the owner, the insurance company, and another owner, the title is ruined. the dmv would look at ya like ur nuts and tell you to file for another title, and not being the person printed on the title, you would never get one. if somehow you convinced the origional owner to do it for you which would prolly cost a few hundred bux, you would prolly get ur salvage paperwork in the mail which would prove to not be a streetable bike. just my

but i would offer you 2gs
Old 10-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by CRAZY...
id say thats a no title bike. if it was signed by the owner, the insurance company, and another owner, the title is ruined. the dmv would look at ya like ur nuts and tell you to file for another title, and not being the person printed on the title, you would never get one. if somehow you convinced the origional owner to do it for you which would prolly cost a few hundred bux, you would prolly get ur salvage paperwork in the mail which would prove to not be a streetable bike. just my

but i would offer you 2gs
It is signed by the original owner NOT a different one:

Original owner
State Farm
Original Owner

It is still in the name of the guy who wrecked it which is the guy who sold it to me. He bought it back from the insurance, then sold it to me. The insurance never registered it in their name or filed it as salvage.
I know they should've but they didn't.

I checked with the DMV & State Tax commision and there isn;t any sign of trouble with the title.

I will register it in my name if I have to and this will cut out the questions....I just wanted to have a title in hand to sell it with and not wait for 6 weeks for it to come back in.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 AM

Sogan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he is just saying the history of the title at the DMV would show that at one point insurance had it and they would know what that means and issue u a salvage title is what I think he's saying makes sense

Last edited by Sogan; 10-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 AM

CRAZY... is an unknown quantity at this point

so is there another place on that title that would allow YOU to sign it again? as a new owner of the machine? if not, you will have to go through the whole process of getting another title. they wont give you a title if your not the origional owner. and if they do, they will look up the vin and notice on the title itself that it went through insurance companies hands. and may end up issueing the salvage title.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:00 PM

CaptCrunchBerry is a decent person

I'd trade you mine for a grand in cash in Birmingham like you mentioned. Straight up tho is just not a good deal.
Mines not stunted, about the same mileage, with a clean title, in better shape, and the same mods except you gotta hand brake where I have a damper. Plus I got no need for the R1 stuff, those stock forks would serve me well.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by CRAZY...
so is there another place on that title that would allow YOU to sign it again? as a new owner of the machine?

Yes it is signed by the last owner -seller (which is the original owner too) and then blank for someone to sign as the buyer. The insurance was before that and the title shows the last owner as the seller not the insurance. The owner signed the title as the buyer and then signed it as the seller on the next line down.

LOOK.....
I know that there was probably someone that just dropped the ball on the insurance side and I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes here that's why I put it in the post.

I may just take it and get a tag just to cut out the doubt. I will not try to sell something that is not legit to anyone I would keep it before I do that.

It's a project for somebody that is looking for one and my price is just to getr the ball rolling. I'm open to legit offers of cash or equal trade or trading down plus cash.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by CaptCrunchBerry
I'd trade you mine for a grand in cash in Birmingham like you mentioned. Straight up tho is just not a good deal.
Mines not stunted, about the same mileage, with a clean title, in better shape, and the same mods except you gotta hand brake where I have a damper. Plus I got no need for the R1 stuff, those stock forks would serve me well.
I understand bro I'm sure your bike is worth plenty. I would like to have it.

Like I said earlier, I really need to trade someone even, down, or just flat out sell it for cash cause I can't come off of any moeny right now no ofense to you.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:09 PM

CaptCrunchBerry is a decent person

No offense taken brotha. But if you come across some cash, get a winning lotto ticket or happen to knock over a Krispy Kreme hit me back and good luck with the sale, I think you should be able to pull 3+ out of it easily. Subframes are only 150 bucksish anyways.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:37 PM

JoeS5690 is a decent person

where i'm from the people that work at dmv are for the most part lazy and wouldn't care enough to do that, they would take your info and mail you a title in your name, way to much work to do all the research and background checks. i'd bet that half of them don't even know enough to issue a salvage for that. but this is all just my
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Thread Killer!!!

I thought I had it sold for 3400 but the guy backed out when his bike didn;t sell.

Still for sale, I will come down on price without extras too.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Thread Killer!!!

2300 with no extras and expect the title to be salvage just in case......
Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!