Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Who has the best cages and why?
Freestyle Inginuity
36.57%
Racing 905
35.67%
Another company(Who?)
21.44%
I make my own(Pics attached)
6.32%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 08:22 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Post up your actual experiances with crash cages. Not just hear say. What did you actually do to crash and how did your bike make out with your (What company cage?)? Good or bad please post up how things worked out for you. NO ADVERTISING please. I would like to just hear real life stories about your cage and how your bike did through the crash. We all have our own opinions formed from reading various threads about this subject. Alot of our opinions have been formed due to hear say. So please only post up your opinion if you actually have used your cage in action.
All crashes are actually different, depending on how they land. No matter what cage you use, I do believe if it hits just the right point at the right speed then something is going to give on any cage.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:10 PM

squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
i voted 905.. easy to install. good people to work with ... i laid it down acouple of times doin donuts, nothin hard. can't say what would happen after a hard hit. as it was said before, i think if the hit was right nothing would hold up...
Old 10-17-2003, 01:08 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
FI here.....Had a really bad 12 attempt go bad a few months back and know the bike would of be ruined without it. A really bad high side. Bike has had about 8 more 12 crashes since then. Main problems I have had with my cage and gixxer is that the subframe tabs have either bent or snapped which I had welded back on but only thicker as well as the sliders tend to tweak the forward engine mounts on the gixxer. All in all though best $$ I ever spent as I am sure I would be on another bike by now.
Cheers
SK
Old 10-17-2003, 03:12 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Ryan builds ours and they take mad abuse. Just ask anyone that has seen him ride.
Not a good pic but it's all I got.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 003.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	39719  
Old 10-17-2003, 04:42 AM

outs1derz is an unknown quantity at this point
i have to go MXD. the reason is because i have tried both F.I. and 905 and the MXD cage so far held up the best. the F.I. cage broke my motor mount, and the 905 cage cracked right off and cracked my case cover. i droped my bike pretty much the same way (12's gone bad) and about 2 weeks ago, i droped my bike with the MXD cage on a 12, and everything held up fine. i'm not favoring anyone. i'm just lettin ya know my experience whit all the cages that i've used.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:50 AM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
FI....my F4i has taken some pretty hard hits with my FI cage, and saved my bike from costly repairs and down time. I've bent or broke a couple of mount bolts, so I just keep a few spares on hand. The threads on one of the engine mounts were pulled out....but easily fixed (nut on the back). Most recently the sleeve that is welded onto the slider to accept the cage....broke. Hit really hard and it pulled right through the bolt. I talked to Tim Barnes at FI and I was planning on having to pay for a replacement. He told me they had updated the sliders because of what happened on my bike....so he sent me a set of the extended sliders free of charge. Now thats customer service. So anyway...you'll probably run into a couple snags with any cage, but I've been pretty happy with my Freestyle Ingenuity cage. Lata
Old 10-17-2003, 10:46 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
I ran a FI cage on my 900rr. I crashed that thing on quite a few occations, ****. I'd crash it for fun. Never broke one case untill the day I took it off & crashed.

That cage held up and took beating after beating. 1 real hard crash, i lost a sit down 12 & the bike did cart wheels down the road. It broke the motor where the motor mount bolt threads in. But how hard the bike hit the ground I was sure the motor would have been in pieces.

So im FI all the way. it held up HUGE.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:49 AM

Re: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Originally posted by RedlineLaura
Post up your actual experiances with crash cages. Not just hear say. ....NO ADVERTISING please......

Originally posted by Gimix
I have not used any yet. My team is getting them from Moto Xtreme Designs......
Sounds like hear say & a advertisement!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:21 AM

wheelchris is an unknown quantity at this point
friends bikes down in STL.

edited by 99tiller

please refrain from advertising...
Old 10-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Swurve is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm standin by Racing905 fer sher. They have blown m away with incredible customer service. I'm talkin about them driving over an hour to pick up my bike to cage it and then bringin it back at 12 midnight. I have broken their cage though while workin on stoppies I 6 o'clocked my bike and jumped off, it fell over on its side and cracked the cage. Again Racing 905 came and picked up my bike and replaced the cage for me for free. They have done this for Outs1derz and Duffman too. They take care of those who take care of them
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mighty whitey cage.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	39828  
Old 10-17-2003, 12:06 PM

damn, that is good customer service
Old 10-17-2003, 12:38 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
i built my own sliders, they were 2.5x just long enough so the case didn't hit. i lost 3 12's and the worse one pulled the bolt out of the motor mount, NOW this one i believe was my fault because i didnt' realize the bolt was only threaded in three threads deep. some crashes the sliders would deform alittle but they held up real good! i'm also making my own cage for my gixxer.

and as for the designs cory(d-aces) comes up with, his bike will never break, the TL is indestrutable!!!
bar through the motor= more strength than any motor mount alone can provide.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:41 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
post the pics
Old 10-17-2003, 12:49 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
wait till MXD blows up. i know you will love them. they look pimp and hold up better than all the other cages. i have had a FI cage and a 905 cage. my 905 cage is about to fall off and ive only wrecked once at around 20. the fi cage sucks cuz you cant lean the bike over and speed bumps are a bitch to go over with that thing on. so far ive seen the MXD cage hold up twice on a 12 and me just dumping the bike over about 20 times. not a thing broke anytime. they should be ready to sell all bikes in about a month so keep an eye out. only have f4i and 900rr right now.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
i have an FI...is holding up great...my buddy hear makes his own, strong as hell too...my FI is working great for now though....
Old 10-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Regular StuntLifer

ocat is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TEDDY.B

and as for the designs cory(d-aces) comes up with, his bike will never break, the TL is indestrutable!!!
bar through the motor= more strength than any motor mount alone can provide.
i wanna see this cage, someone post a pic
Old 10-17-2003, 08:43 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Metal Masters for me...

I love my cage and they are still in the works of perfecting it.

That's try not to advertise or bash the FI cages so that this thread can stay open. Remember...No cage is 100% crash proof.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:02 PM

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
racing 905 .....

I flopped my **** flat on its side from 12.........SOLID
Old 10-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough
RedlineJimmy, I like that bolt together design on the bottom there. Makes access/replacement easier I'm sure

Quick Reply: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?