Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Who has the best cages and why?
Freestyle Inginuity
36.57%
Racing 905
35.67%
Another company(Who?)
21.44%
I make my own(Pics attached)
6.32%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 12:43 AM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

ok, i have a HUGE dilemma. from dya 1 i loved the FI design. but i bought powers because the ONLY flaw i heard of was broken weolds if anything from powers or 905.

with FI i heard broekn motor mounts. broekn motor mounts on a 954rr means broken frame. i just dumped my powers cage, first 12 ever, got scared, biked 12's for 5 ft, back end flew up, bike was sideways in the air, full impact fall on right side and the cage bent so did the bolt. thats fine!!!

THATS WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN`!!!!! fo rthe cage to break never anything on teh bike.

my only flaw of FI is having stronger and stronmger cages. honestly money isnt teh issue to me, im not rich but can afford cages if need be, not frames.
i wanna go FI, but soemthing is holding me back an dseeing darius scrape teh bottom in SIU3 after tha huge spreader in the tunnel doesnt help my decision.

i have powers na dlike it but dont like how it fits, PITA to put on and the day i wanan change my oil imma be pissed! FI looks SO much better in person, 100% better, but the broekn motor mount thing stays in eth back of my head.

i just bent the cage the other day, dunno which route to go. FI seems more quality and visually i 100% agree. but something is holding me back. powers cage just sucks for fitment and ways its mounted.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:05 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by crzyray
Freestyle Ingenuity is the only way to go..........contact Tim Barnes @ 817-713-7948 or order them from his site www.FreestyleIngenuity.com
Posts should only come from those who have used more than one style of cage and know how they held up. I could post all day about different ways I've crashed and how my 905 cage held up, but haven't tried FI or any other so I have no where to say which to go with, and if you crash just right something is going to break. I think all cages out there will do the job. Definately a must when stunting - saw a buddy's bike fall from 12 with no sliders or anything and destroyed his bike, I tried to tell him ahead of time, in the end I was he wasn't. Poll could be about who has the best customer service when it comes to repairing and replaceing cages and bars because that is where you are going to save your $, and if you don't break your cage sometime you're either real good already and don't crash hard or you're not trying hard enough and should just give up now. from a rookie stunna to advanced you should go through a cage or two or maybe more. My self the only one I have tried is 905 and are still using to this day, and until I'm not satisfied I won't try another. For all the companies out there keeping our bikes togeather and saving us $
Old 02-03-2005, 12:45 AM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a powers and it is pretty stout. Dropped plenty of times and it is still holding up. I'm going to get me another one for my other bike and a couple of 12 bars too since the 12 bar from FI sucks ***. Too long and when you scrap it doesn't feel right. dunno just would like something a little more solid and I don't feel like making my own.

As for changing the oil. Not too bad actually did it with the fairing and cage on one time. Not easy but I was successfull. Oh, GSXR1K 2002.

Good luck!!
Old 02-03-2005, 04:17 AM

calif4i is an unknown quantity at this point

MXD cages is the way to go! The cages are made from stainless steel which takes a lot of abuse. You also have a choice between their full cages and their track cages. Track cages also take a lot of abuse, i went down like around 60 mph and nothing happen to my f4i.

www.mxdcages.com
Old 02-03-2005, 11:52 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by calif4i
MXD cages is the way to go! The cages are made from stainless steel which takes a lot of abuse. You also have a choice between their full cages and their track cages. Track cages also take a lot of abuse, i went down like around 60 mph and nothing happen to my f4i.

www.mxdcages.com

thanks bro, what cage did you have? full or track? what happened to the bike? were you able to ride it home?

have you any problems with the cage so far?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Oktz Kerry is an unknown quantity at this point

well to me 905 sux i had to cut 3 of them off and one didnt even fit my bike fi fuked me over and neva sent me mine but i just ordered my mxd cage and hopefully they'll be the one that works ......
Old 02-03-2005, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by OutKastZstunter
well to me 905 sux i had to cut 3 of them off and one didnt even fit my bike fi fuked me over and neva sent me mine but i just ordered my mxd cage and hopefully they'll be the one that works ......

the pink one right? ill send it out tomorrow. i built it off the bike, so i know it fits. thanks bro, let me know how you like it
Old 02-05-2005, 12:34 AM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

MXD - can you post up a pic of a track cage for the F4i? I have your full cage, love it, but might want something smaller.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

What's up with the new MXD 900RR cage? have any pics of it?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:56 PM
That's the age I act!!

shocker_jayson is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had the same powers for a year now and it's been through many crashes. The fitment is awesome (don't tighten any bolts until the are all started.) The people have been very nice and the look nice too.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
MXD - can you post up a pic of a track cage for the F4i? I have your full cage, love it, but might want something smaller.

ill post some pics on tuesday when i get back from vegas. i just got some red ones back and they look real nice.

as for the 900rr, im still trying to get the bike.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:05 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by -MXD-
the pink one right? ill send it out tomorrow. i built it off the bike, so i know it fits. thanks bro, let me know how you like it

i think the cage its self if great havent tested it yet ... but feels to be made strong ..

only thing is i cant run my chin for the bike and its to nicely painted to cut it..
Old 02-20-2005, 05:21 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=mikkee]

and if you don't break your cage sometime you're either real good already and don't crash hard or you're not trying hard enough and should just give up now. from a rookie stunna to advanced you should go through a cage or two or maybe more.

Is that your Expert (advanced, excuse me) opinion, or do you make this **** up as you go? I started when there were no cages to speak of, first bike I ever rode with a cage was a CBR 600 F4i and I watched my friend trash his bike with that 905 "cage" on it. I don't own a 600 obviously, nor do I own a 905 "cage", but the experience I do have is with a 929, and a 954 with FI cages and I've never broken one of them. I guess I'm not tryin' hard enough, though, I guess I should just give up now.........Oh hell I quit........
Late..............Free C.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Regular StuntLifer

mxd cage is the way to go i've crashin hard on it and it took some major falls . its still not bent or anything ... great cage
Old 02-21-2005, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by OutKastZstunter
mxd cage is the way to go i've crashin hard on it and it took some major falls . its still not bent or anything ... great cage

thanks man, glad the cage is working well. if you need anything else, let me know.

for those that were asking about the 636, we have them designed and all the parts are made, i just have to weld some up this week.

the 900rr is going to be picked up on thursday, i should have some made next week.

12 bars are done for the f4i, but we need to test them out a little more before releasing any to the public.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
ill get some pics up right now
Old 02-22-2005, 02:52 PM

heres a couple f4/f4i track cages- flat black & red

if you need more pics, i have them.

in fact, i have pics of just about every cage we make now, so if anyone wants any, let me know
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	black track, rs rear top angle slife.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	124855   Click image for larger version

Name:	red track cage, rs side close up slife.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	124856   Click image for larger version

Name:	red track cage, rs side slife.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	124857   Click image for larger version

Name:	black track, rs side view slife.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	124859  
Old 04-24-2005, 01:40 AM

Halfrican is a decent person

powersbikeworks !! my first cage but just in to the game had some super hard wrecks and still holdin up fine
Old 04-24-2005, 12:08 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

There are only 3 of us "stunters" in NKY and we all run different cages. I runa 905 on my 900RR and its a great cage, has taken alot of abuse but just recently it broke. It would be a hell of a cage if the bar connectin the 2 side were thicker cause Ive noticed before the last wreck that the sides shift. Emailed them and they told me to send it back and they would fix it for me for free, if it couldnt be fixed they would replace it for little cost.

Although Ive been thinkin for awhile now to try out the MXD cage because of the 1" bar they use to connect the 2 sides and they look pretty beefy...

My buddy has a 01 Gixxer6 and he runs a Powers. He is new to the game and has has some really bad spills but the cages has held up better than I imagined, he did end up with a broken clip on. After more than 30 hard spills he is buyin a new Powers (old one is still useable but he is the kid with the money to do so... )

My other buddy has an 02 Gixxer 750 and he is runnin the new F.I cage and has taken some nasty falls and so far so good.

In my opnion every cage has is strength and weakness some of us find that weakness sooner than others....
Old 08-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Wheelieboi

extremeflip is an unknown quantity at this point

powersbikeworx, also dropped my ride on its side at 12. some scratches, but that is it, held up strong.

Quick Reply: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?