Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Who has the best cages and why?
Freestyle Inginuity
36.57%
Racing 905
35.67%
Another company(Who?)
21.44%
I make my own(Pics attached)
6.32%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 01:13 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

People who are sponsored by cage manufacturers on here should NOT post opinions on cage brands. Whats the best cage for a 929?
Old 09-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R1Alvin
People who are sponsored by cage manufacturers on here should NOT post opinions on cage brands. Whats the best cage for a 929?

I had a 905 cage on the Gixxer. I think it did it's job wonderfully. Held up like a champ. It's the only one I've had experience with though. It took 3 or 4 falls from 12 attempts and a couple "gee... lets wreck the bike.. I'm bored" crashes. So I'd say that the 905 cages are pretty good. But for the gixxer they'll cost you your shins when comming down hard on a wheelie. Just my
Old 09-26-2004, 10:55 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

did it break after 3 or 4 falls? what about shin splints on a 905 cage for a 929?
Old 09-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

did it break after 3 or 4 falls? what about shin splints on a 905 cage for a 929?
nope, never broke. Just scraped... Took every fall no problem. ANd there were some hard ones. including a 50 MPH loop. and it's still on the bike.. no dents. nothin. didn't break engine mounts or anything. The only thing I didn't like about it is the bar was really close to the pegs and if you came down hard from a wheelie you'd smack your shins off of it. I did that a lot. but I'm a tall lanky *** ****. I'm not sure how it'll be on a 929. Never seen/ridden one with a cage. You might want to look into the new FI cages. I've heard they're really good. Never heard any complaints.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Get in touch with this guy and see if he makes a cage for your bike... gsxr7502001 His names Jeff of MXD. Got one of his cages on my bike, and love it. Havent had any big falls yet, but everything else about the cage is hot **** so far... http://eclipsebusiness.net/mxdcages.com/ The cage on the site is the old design, he hasnt updated the site yet.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:52 PM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything bends, so even to try to make unbending structure is questionable, if the cage doesn't bend the bike will?

Extended sliders are bad news too, because they broke threads from the head/frame.

To me FI case design is simple and nice and doesn't come close to leg, so thats good. But one succestion. Change the design so, that the cage doesn't connect to the extended sliders. cage should connect to bike frame(some sort of rubber mount, so it can bend) and the slider should connect to the cage. This way the slider could bend and would just tear/bend bolt of the cage, not from the cylinder head. By replacing the slider bolt it would be ok again.?

JakeT
Old 10-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by Jaket
Everything bends, so even to try to make unbending structure is questionable, if the cage doesn't bend the bike will?

Extended sliders are bad news too, because they broke threads from the head/frame.

To me FI case design is simple and nice and doesn't come close to leg, so thats good. But one succestion. Change the design so, that the cage doesn't connect to the extended sliders. cage should connect to bike frame(some sort of rubber mount, so it can bend) and the slider should connect to the cage. This way the slider could bend and would just tear/bend bolt of the cage, not from the cylinder head. By replacing the slider bolt it would be ok again.?

JakeT
I was actually thinkin about the whole rubber mount for the cage. You brought up a good point about "somethin has to bend". The impact has to be taken. One of the things is gonna take the beating. If the cage doesn't bend, most likely the force of the impact will be taken by the motor mount and will break it. If not, then the cage will break. While I'd rather have my cage break than a motor mount. It would be nice to somehow "dissapate" the force of the bikes crash. I would think that installing a rubber mount between the cage itself and the engine mount you would be able to give something of a "buffer" for the impact. Taking a better portion of the force behind the crash and causing it to be somewhat cusioned. It's just a thought. But I think it could help. You'd probably bend or break some bolts... but at 25 cents a bolt... I'd rather that. Maybe I'll give it a try on my next cage. anyone have any input? maybe someone a little better at physics could explain a good way to make this work? We could be on to something here!!
Old 10-01-2004, 05:51 PM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
I was actually thinkin about the whole rubber mount for the cage. You brought up a good point about "somethin has to bend". The impact has to be taken. One of the things is gonna take the beating. If the cage doesn't bend, most likely the force of the impact will be taken by the motor mount and will break it. If not, then the cage will break. While I'd rather have my cage break than a motor mount. It would be nice to somehow "dissapate" the force of the bikes crash. I would think that installing a rubber mount between the cage itself and the engine mount you would be able to give something of a "buffer" for the impact. Taking a better portion of the force behind the crash and causing it to be somewhat cusioned. It's just a thought. But I think it could help. You'd probably bend or break some bolts... but at 25 cents a bolt... I'd rather that. Maybe I'll give it a try on my next cage. anyone have any input? maybe someone a little better at physics could explain a good way to make this work? We could be on to something here!!
The cage I have on my bike is built to breag instead of bending the frame. Where it bolts to the upper motor mount, it uses a thick washer as part of the mount. You crash, it digs into the ground, the washer bends allowing the cage to flex. Although I havent tested mine, the guy who built it wrecks alot, and hasnt done anything to the bike itself. He is also working on a 12 bar/tail cage set-up that looks like it will stiffen the whole subframe. I think you can get them through www.2fastwheels.com but I am not sure if he has them on the site yet. Here are some pics on my 03 GSXR1000. If you notice the rear bar to the frame, it is bent forword, and has never given my 6'3" self any problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	36321541509_468.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	100970   Click image for larger version

Name:	36321471237_468.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	100971   Click image for larger version

Name:	36321406725_468.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	100972   Click image for larger version

Name:	36321506053_468.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	100973  
Old 10-01-2004, 06:29 PM

Mi Xtremes Vig is an unknown quantity at this point

kind of looks like one of powers 1st cages that ever made. lol
good luck to yah
Old 10-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Damn I like that cage! if you put some plastic covers on the bars pokin out from the cage (to make it slide instead of dig in and make the bike flip) it would be perfect! I'll have to look into gettin one. Got any contact info for that guy other than the site? or maybe any prices?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:01 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Why not, we are the ones out there breaking **** all day long.
I know the 905 (sponsor) is best for my 900 but my friend rocks a freestyle on his 929. But when it comes to better service and support, nobody beats 905. They have hooked us up from the start and I will promote the hell out of them. If you are a team member or competetor go with 905 because they stand behind their product and you.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:07 PM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
Damn I like that cage! if you put some plastic covers on the bars pokin out from the cage (to make it slide instead of dig in and make the bike flip) it would be perfect! I'll have to look into gettin one. Got any contact info for that guy other than the site? or maybe any prices?
The guy who makes them is working on getting the delrin sliders made, just looking for the best price. They are $200. As it sits right now, they are set up so that the washers bend, and allow the cage to flex, instead od breaking the motormount. All you do is replace the washer, and its good as new. He is still working on the set up that runs between the motor and the header, but some bikes dont have room for it. To get in touch with him, there is a forum on that site, or call his cell (469)222-4455 ask for Gilbert. He is located in DFW Texas area. Tell him Adam told you about the cage.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:59 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JPratt
Get in touch with this guy and see if he makes a cage for your bike... gsxr7502001 His names Jeff of MXD. Got one of his cages on my bike, and love it. Havent had any big falls yet, but everything else about the cage is hot **** so far... http://eclipsebusiness.net/mxdcages.com/ The cage on the site is the old design, he hasnt updated the site yet.
yeah im updating the site and it will at least have a cover page and a few pics next week. i just got all my info i need to publish it yesterday and i havent had time to put it up. its mxdcages.com
Old 10-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
yeah im updating the site and it will at least have a cover page and a few pics next week. i just got all my info i need to publish it yesterday and i havent had time to put it up. its mxdcages.com

DO IT, ya got damn slacker...
Old 10-03-2004, 04:22 PM

E-daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

905 Racing cages are by far better I have had both F.I. & 905 cages on my bike & the 905 cage is alot less maintence to keep up with !!!! not to mention 905 racing customer service is top notch !!! Stephani is the contact person who i always get in touch with over there & she is always very nice when i call ... by far 905 cages are the way to go !!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 01:32 AM

crzyray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
Freestyle Ingenuity is the only way to go..........contact Tim Barnes @ 817-713-7948 or order them from his site www.FreestyleIngenuity.com
Old 12-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Mid-West Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

powers cages are off the hook
Old 01-01-2005, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by crzyray
Freestyle Ingenuity is the only way to go..........contact Tim Barnes @ 817-713-7948 or order them from his site www.FreestyleIngenuity.com
youve tried em all huh. i think you also tried a free 905 cage too.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:30 PM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats up with the new Track cages? I saw them off www.MXDCAGES.com and told a few local guys about 'em. They want to learn slow rolls but still tear up twistys etc.

You guys having good feedback on them?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
Whats up with the new Track cages? I saw them off www.MXDCAGES.com and told a few local guys about 'em. They want to learn slow rolls but still tear up twistys etc.

You guys having good feedback on them?
those things are LEGIT!!! no joke. they will save a 12 gone bad. the worst feedback ive had was a washer seperating from the slider(only negative feedback ive had). bike was mint. we have tested them for the past year with just about every crash imaginable. high speed high sides, low sides, slow 12s, tank wheelie gone bad, flips after hitting a curb & then a chain link(broke front clip on, warped rotor), 70 mph high side though a 4x4 post(i personally rode the bike home)

Quick Reply: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?