Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Who has the best cages and why?
Freestyle Inginuity
36.57%
Racing 905
35.67%
Another company(Who?)
21.44%
I make my own(Pics attached)
6.32%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 12:10 AM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Originally posted by Gimix

I have not used any yet. My team is getting them from Moto Xtreme Designs......
Originally posted by 1000ceecee
Sounds like hear say & a advertisement!
I have to agree. Folks please just keep it to the topic at hand(Tested cages) I think we all will find alot of useful info here. So please only post your experiences with cages. MODS please delete any post that are not related to actual tested cages. I would like to see this thread stay open so stunters can form there own opinion from tested product.
Once again I have to add... If you hit any cage in just the wrong spot then something is gonna give, which you may not like. But overall I do believe that without, you would have been even worse off. Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-18-2003, 02:06 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
I have tried 3 generations of freestlye Ingenuity cages and the latest one I have with the chromoly tubing is by far the best. All the cages I have had on there so far were always good for quite a few hard crashes before they start to bend enough to cause some damage. The newest freestyle cage I have has the thicker side braces, chromoly tubing, and thicker tubing for the hoop mount on the slider's. I have wrecked lots of times and the cage hasnt even budged, this new one is solid!!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 02:17 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Fuzz is a decent person
I have to agree with darius on this. I run a FI cage on mine. from the few 12 crashes that i have had with this cage the only thing that has broke was the plastic tip on the end of the slider
Old 10-18-2003, 02:29 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Ryan builds ours as I stated before. We never have built one for my bike and I've just run BMX pegs with slider material in the end. Just like the FI extended sliders just WAY CHEAPER. Worked great for every 12 crash I've had. There have been a dozen or so pretty bad ones. Didn't break a bolt till I had it parked and it fell over straight on it's side. My peg and slider setup cost me about $20 and is very simple and effective. When we build my cage we are still gonna use them.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:07 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ishc54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Swurve
I'm standin by Racing905 fer sher. They have blown m away with incredible customer service. I'm talkin about them driving over an hour to pick up my bike to cage it and then bringin it back at 12 midnight. I have broken their cage though while workin on stoppies I 6 o'clocked my bike and jumped off, it fell over on its side and cracked the cage. Again Racing 905 came and picked up my bike and replaced the cage for me for free. They have done this for Outs1derz and Duffman too. They take care of those who take care of them
If they do this for every person who breaks the cage they are gonna go bankrupt pretty soon .. IMO...

Now.. i do run my F.I cage and so far its been pretty good.. I also had one on my old R6 and it was the same way.. I've also seen lotsa peeps here in TX wreck big time with the FI cages and they never had any problems..

Just remember one thing... cages are mae to protect and one day they are gonna give up .. so the cage is just "helping" a lil . so you dont break TONS of parts.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:18 AM

KrazyWhite Gary is an unknown quantity at this point
I give props to freestyle ingenuity because honestly cages werent that popular until they started advertising them now everyones got one but on the same note I hate freestyles **** because the first sit down 12 that I tipped sideways didnt snap the bolt holding the slider on but the slider colapsed smashing my foot in the process. There a little pricey for stuff that could break if ya ask me
Old 10-18-2003, 03:03 PM

zenbruddah is an unknown quantity at this point
I run a 905 cage on my 900rr an have had no problems with it. Dumpin it from 12's an endo's haven't done **** except scratch it. They have been awesome with Customer Support also, callin me back to make sure the cage fit properly, etc. as I live a few thousand miles from them so I had to install it myself. Have seen crashes happen with both the F.I. cages, and the 905 cage, and decided on the 905. I liked the way that it mounted better than the F.I. cage, just my .02
Old 10-18-2003, 04:55 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
i've wrecked several times with the 905 and it's held up great. it's definatly paid for itself a couple times now, and they have great customer service
Old 10-18-2003, 10:31 PM

Adam of SBH is an unknown quantity at this point
I build my own, rolling everyones ideas into one! Can't get the superglue to stick to the balsa wood sometimes though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gixxer 12.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	40033  
Old 10-19-2003, 03:32 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Balsa wood is damn strong.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough
Balsa makes a great frame slider
Old 10-19-2003, 11:00 PM

jethro426 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a FI cage on my gixxer and it has held up. I dont like how far out the sliders stick out cause that alows more leverage on the motor mount. My cage has definitly been tested and has held up. I havent broken my mount, just run weak bolts so they bend. The bike has fallen from a parked 12 onto its side and it was fine so The money was well spent.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:24 PM
TheShirtCave.com

DerekLee is an unknown quantity at this point
I voted for 905. I just took my bike out this weekend for the first time with the 905 cage. Fell over from a parked 12, didn't budge a millimeter! Not a scratch anywhere on the bike either.

I've seen them stand up to numerous high sides and flipping 3-5 times on a couple occasions. Only bad thing I had seen was the cage crushing into the stator from a minor tip over, but that was on their older versions. this company has made their cages from the input, feedback, and trial and error of ALL SoCal's best riders. They really seem to have their **** together now! I think it's because of the fact they were so open to new ideas and constant change.

More 1st hand testing to be done soon!(unfortunately)

Derek
Old 10-19-2003, 11:26 PM
TheShirtCave.com

DerekLee is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had MANY bad experiences with the FI products, They are the same common problems other people are having. So, I won't list them here and just leave it as that...

Old 10-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw the 905 and FI cages both tested on sunday. The guy with the FI cage flipped a stoppie and the bike flipped once. It held up fine. But he bent/cracked the right clipon, however no cage could have kept that from happening. The guy with the 905 cage lost it while on the bar and it fell and slid on the left side, the tires grabbed and flipped it up in the air and it came down on the other side. It held up really well too. The only thing that sucked is the 905 cages (on the gixxers) have a rod that runs through the front fairing that only clears the oil filter by a half inch or so. After the wreck that rod was mashed up against the oil filter. The cage didnt look wadded up or anything but it aparently was bent back a little. The dude was also going 35-40 when he put it on the bar. The cage saved him loads of money in parts in my opinion.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:32 PM

DEBO is a decent person
What is Tim Barnes email at FI?
Old 10-21-2003, 11:19 AM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?

Originally posted by RedlineLaura
I have to agree. Folks please just keep it to the topic at hand(Tested cages) I think we all will find alot of useful info here. So please only post your experiences with cages. MODS please delete any post that are not related to actual tested cages. I would like to see this thread stay open so stunters can form there own opinion from tested product.
Once again I have to add... If you hit any cage in just the wrong spot then something is gonna give, which you may not like. But overall I do believe that without, you would have been even worse off. Just my 2 cents...
actually he is talking about MXD a cage that has been tested. look at the post by outs1derz.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by outs1derz
i have to go MXD. the reason is because i have tried both F.I. and 905 and the MXD cage so far held up the best. the F.I. cage broke my motor mount, and the 905 cage cracked right off and cracked my case cover. i droped my bike pretty much the same way (12's gone bad) and about 2 weeks ago, i droped my bike with the MXD cage on a 12, and everything held up fine. i'm not favoring anyone. i'm just lettin ya know my experience whit all the cages that i've used.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:56 PM

T.J THUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by gsxr7502001
Found out u were trying to sell your 905 cage in the classifieds saying there is nothing wrong w/ the cage and you had just dropped your bike to show the guys how good the cage was. If you must speak at least speak the truth.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by T.J THUG
Found out u were trying to sell your 905 cage in the classifieds saying there is nothing wrong w/ the cage and you had just dropped your bike to show the guys how good the cage was. If you must speak at least speak the truth.
no bro i was selling my friends cage for him. its and r6 and i dont like my cage to be honest with you. i got permanent bruises on my shin cuz of that **** and i dropped a stoppie at around 25-30 and the cage is all loose now. rattles like a bitch. i have a 750 not an r6. i do speak truth, you need to read the details better bro. and i said the cage was in good shape, like no scratches & **** like that.

like i said before, 905 cages are good but mxd are better. all cages are good for the most part. ive had them all, the FI on my f4i and the 905 on my gsxr. so dont try callin my out when i havent said anything.

Quick Reply: Battle of the cages poll. Who makes the best and why?