Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: db stuntin or not
dirtbikes are the shit
79.49%
theyre whack
20.51%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

dirtbike stunting or not

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: dirtbike stunting or not

totally all bikes are different but most tricks are body position and mind set if you can train your mind to tell you body how to react in different situations any trick is possible. its a great way to learn clutch control but it gets really boring you start inventing new stuff. im trying to get the 636 up and running so in the mean time im stuck to a ttr ive started doing super long coasters shifting down to like second gear and turning into circles
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	step-off.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	167172   Click image for larger version

Name:	jump-to-ss.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	167173   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-oclock.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	167174   Click image for larger version

Name:	circle.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	167175  
Old 03-19-2006, 06:42 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tony_HID
totally all bikes are different but most tricks are body position and mind set if you can train your mind to tell you body how to react in different situations any trick is possible. its a great way to learn clutch control but it gets really boring you start inventing new stuff. im trying to get the 636 up and running so in the mean time im stuck to a ttr ive started doing super long coasters shifting down to like second gear and turning into circles
its mainly just weight, body position and throttle control on a streetbike. you cant substitute anything else to help you learn that stuff, which is why im not expecting to be where i was on a streetbike before i sold it when i get my next one. Its been almost a year since ive had a STREETbike, i had a 125 and a 50 to use since then though. Plus Z-Units bike for about 15 minutes

ps coasters into circles are niiiiiiice
Old 03-19-2006, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by FSPalex
its mainly just weight, body position and throttle control on a streetbike. you cant substitute anything else to help you learn that stuff, which is why im not expecting to be where i was on a streetbike before i sold it when i get my next one. Its been almost a year since ive had a STREETbike, i had a 125 and a 50 to use since then though. Plus Z-Units bike for about 15 minutes

ps coasters into circles are niiiiiiice
thanks i just have fun with it now ttr's are the best Im kinda glad i got stoppies down good on the ttr its making it easier on the big bike ide like to start rolling 180 someday
Old 03-19-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tony_HID
thanks i just have fun with it now ttr's are the best Im kinda glad i got stoppies down good on the ttr its making it easier on the big bike ide like to start rolling 180 someday
oh so now i see why youre askin about DB bars in that other thread. I like the feel of both actually, so i'm just gonna turn out the bars on my next bike, best of both worlds.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:28 PM

oh so now i see why youre askin about DB bars in that other thread. I like the feel of both actually, so i'm just gonna turn out the bars on my next bike, best of both worlds.
yeah its def more easy for me i dont know about anyone else but there must be a reason if everyone and there brother has them. i tried the pushed out clip ons but if your going that far you mind as well get the rise of DB bars
Old 03-19-2006, 07:57 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by f4stunna
dirtbikes are cool to watch and really fun to ride..... but its just a dirtbike

------ NOT STARTING DRAMA JUST SAYING------

i rode my friends 100 this past weekend for the first time. after like the 15 minutes or whatever it took for me to get use to how short 1st gear is i was doin circles. man i wish circles were that easy on a streetbike.
ok ...now do some seat stander circles and jump to special k...maybe thats why i leanred all that ****
Old 03-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

you cant substitute anything else to help you learn that stuff, which is why im not expecting to be where i was on a streetbike before i sold it when i get my next one.

really now? why don't you go ask M1guh, he stunted fiddies and 125's, and his second day on a F4i he was doing circles
Old 03-19-2006, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
really now? why don't you go ask M1guh, he stunted fiddies and 125's, and his second day on a F4i he was doing circles
i said it cant teach weight, body position and throttle control. dont quote half of what i say..
Old 03-19-2006, 08:08 PM

i said it cant teach weight, body position and throttle control. dont quote half of what i say..
....what its tauhgt me all of that.....throttle control is one of the biggest things it taught me..all of the thigns you said ive learned form riding dirtbikes
Old 03-19-2006, 08:30 PM

banned101 is a decent person

dirtbikes are cool.Blake started ridding on the1980 yamaha 80 and now hes got a 99cr 80 After riding the f4i Id say hes ready for a 450crf .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	blakes13bday1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	167184   Click image for larger version

Name:	blakesbike1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	167185  
Old 03-19-2006, 08:41 PM

plunker20 is an unknown quantity at this point

fun as hell to stunt and watch
Old 03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by middleschooler
....what its tauhgt me all of that.....throttle control is one of the biggest things it taught me..all of the thigns you said ive learned form riding dirtbikes

exactly...those three are the main things it teachs you, the fourth being brake control
Old 03-19-2006, 09:14 PM

until i actually started doing alot of circles on the ttr i didn't realize a lot of stuff like the clutch when you high side out you can do the spin on the back tire right back into another circle
Old 03-19-2006, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
exactly...those three are the main things it teachs you, the fourth being brake control
no. it doesnt teach you throttle control. the geometry is completely different from a streetbike, and throwing a 125 around compared to a 600 is a diff. ballgame with weight. Schooler has a 450 which is heavier and the throttle would be more like a 600. im sick of trying to explain things to 15 yr olds though..you'll see some day pete.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Don't read this.

no. it doesnt teach you throttle control. the geometry is completely different from a streetbike, and throwing a 125 around compared to a 600 is a diff. ballgame with weight. Schooler has a 450 which is heavier and the throttle would be more like a 600. im sick of trying to explain things to 15 yr olds though..you'll see some day pete.
of course it's different, but once again talk to M1guh, stunted 125's and fiddies and his 2nd day on a streetbike he was doing circles. not to mention the many riders who 12 thier first day thanks to fiddy experience.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:22 PM

i have to disagree you still learn not to wrenching on the throttle power wise they are different but i feel that you lear just about the same
Old 03-19-2006, 10:52 PM

ok..i ride a xr100 for a year..never stunted even relaly ridden a street bike at all......i jump on ernies f3 adn within an hour im doing slow wheelies coming real close to scraping....i guess i just inherited "throttle control" from my stunt genes since i couldnt learn form a smaller motorcycle.....time to make a poll
Old 03-21-2006, 01:28 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I like them, one of our sponsor "Hartley Motors Honda" just gave us a 2006 450x with motard rims and tires it's gona be sic as hell to go parkin lot pimp that ***** :YEAH
Old 03-21-2006, 02:11 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Dirt bikes DO teach you throttle control.....however, as with many things, when moving to a streetbike, its slightly harder. Carb'd streetbikes such as an f3 are super easy to control because carbs dont respond as quickly. F4i's are the easiest FI bike ive ever ridden as far as throttle goes. If your choppy on an f4i, you need to try harder. Dirt bikes will teach you all the basics and then some. But it wont make you an instant superstunna. It goes without saying that there will be a little getting used to a bigger bike. But then again you can go from your f4i to a friends f4i, and it feels like a completly different bike.

The only thing that really doesnt teach you throttle control all that well is a stock fiddy.....those things are so weak you pretty much have to chicken wing them. But its still kinda teaching you the basic idea.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 PM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by middleschooler
ok..i ride a xr100 for a year..never stunted even relaly ridden a street bike at all......i jump on ernies f3 adn within an hour im doing slow wheelies coming real close to scraping....i guess i just inherited "throttle control" from my stunt genes since i couldnt learn form a smaller motorcycle.....time to make a poll
damn lil guy , if ur ridin was as anygood as ur yapping you would actually be able too

Quick Reply: dirtbike stunting or not