Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: who"s got the skills that pays the bills?
Outermost
28.89%
geared up
7.22%
darius
39.72%
starboyz
14.29%
tony D
5.81%
No limit
4.08%
Voters: 637. You may not vote on this poll

most advanced stunt crew/person?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:19 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve
Re: most advanced stunt crew/person?

silly when the hell u comming ? everytime I talk to u say in 2 weeks,first time u said it was like 1.5 month ago
Old 09-21-2005, 01:39 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by D-Mann
Thanks for the vote Kane. You know me. I'm just scratching out a living. That add will be in Sept. Super street bike,Oct, moto prod news, Nov. parts unlimited, DEC. dealer news, and august 10 th issue of cycle news, I have just about all the toys I want now. The H 1 Alfa is the next and last on the list. I'll have to take you up in the new plane. I'll have it in about 3 weeks. It's getting sent from Australia now.

My is you can tell who is "payin the bills" by what you see and don't see. The people that you keep seeing in movies and magazines but don't hear a lot from are probably the guys making the money. Those are the guys working both ends of this sport. The sponsorship maintenance, and looking for new support and shows to perform. Most of the upper echelon has been busy abrode the last few years. I know that's pays most of my bills.

O-ya and art. why do you keep running your f*#@in mouth. Have I said sh*t to you? "Don't bother answering" It was rhetorical. One day mark my words here today, you will have to settle up for all the smack you talk. And you'll be siting there looking all surprised saying I didn't do anything. We'll some people are keeping track of your silly ***. And I know you have a reckoning coming. I just hope I'm there to see it.

Have a great day dum-sh*it.

And to everyone else, that has to read the haters sh*t all the time, I apologize for them. I know the stunt life management is not tolerating the haters anymore. But as they weed them out don't let them distracted you form why you are here to begin with. Because we all love to ride!!!!!

I dont really know you Dmann but to me you seem like someone just milking this sport. You havent progressed for a long time now but still seem to make money and have sponsors just like your boy PAuly. YOu never post up a video, talk to people here or even compete at any events. I've never even seen you ride your bike let alone anybody else. Your last and only video was so 5 years ago, LVx 1 was 10 times better and it was practicly the same footage. If you put the same effort into your riding as you did your money making sponsor package you might be doing something. It really sucks that there are soo many good riders in this sport that have nothing but thier skills and a bike, where riders like yourself and a few others in this sport are garbage but have a "sponsor package" and get paid. That is why this sport is so wack, I could make a sponsor package for my girlfriend who rides and get more sponsors than half of the pro riders in this sport. This is the main reason we need a series of competitions so washed up stunnas like yourself will be exposed for what they are and new riders that actually put effort into riding will get the shine they deserve by showing thier skills not opening a "sponsor package.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:43 AM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Artiom
silly when the hell u comming ? everytime I talk to u say in 2 weeks,first time u said it was like 1.5 month ago
set something up. we need some rediculous 40 person stunt party like last year. soooo fun! come awn!

oh yea...and I met D-man......nice guy, gave me some damn good info....but when you have a stack of 100 free tires in your place and claim a $40k check from maxis anually while barely using maybe 10 tires in a year....it would be nice to sell a pair to a broke @$$ up and comer for less than retail price brotha!

So I second mr. K's words of wisdom!
Old 09-21-2005, 02:56 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve

Good speach Darius. probably come up in october to ride with all u again,had lots of fun up there.

Phil all u need is lots of girls and u know I got u covered on that
Old 09-21-2005, 12:13 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

darius kashabi........................................... ..right mate
Old 09-21-2005, 02:29 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
I dont really know you Dmann but to me you seem like someone just milking this sport. You havent progressed for a long time now but still seem to make money and have sponsors just like your boy PAuly. YOu never post up a video, talk to people here or even compete at any events. I've never even seen you ride your bike let alone anybody else. Your last and only video was so 5 years ago, LVx 1 was 10 times better and it was practicly the same footage. If you put the same effort into your riding as you did your money making sponsor package you might be doing something. It really sucks that there are soo many good riders in this sport that have nothing but thier skills and a bike, where riders like yourself and a few others in this sport are garbage but have a "sponsor package" and get paid. That is why this sport is so wack, I could make a sponsor package for my girlfriend who rides and get more sponsors than half of the pro riders in this sport. This is the main reason we need a series of competitions so washed up stunnas like yourself will be exposed for what they are and new riders that actually put effort into riding will get the shine they deserve by showing thier skills not opening a "sponsor package.
diiizzzam.........that **** was fire right there

but so so true.......Im gonna join the stunt UNION bottomline
Old 09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius

and once again thats why Darius gets my vote

But dont forget the midwest boys Dan Jackson and Grant
Old 09-22-2005, 08:40 AM

D-Mann is an unknown quantity at this point

wow Darius,
pretty strong words for as you said not really knowing me. Humm Don't I feel like an *** now for always giving you mad props and always telling anyone I have been in contact with how sick you ride and how cool you are. I couldn't even begin to remember how many times I've told my own sponsors that about you when asked or you name is brought up.

I don't think I've milked anything. I unlike most people in this sport have always tried to hook others up. Like the star boyz and there tire deal this year in no small part to my eforts for them and Patrick Stevens tire deal again something I helped set up. And thew blankstrum has the same full ride in part due to the setup all year trying to get Maxxis to bring in more riders and steering them in a certain directions.

I have hooked a lot of people up with different sponsorships, at times even risking my own to do so because as you know there is only so much to go around. I have only met you a few times but thought you were pretty cool. I don't know what this was all about. My guess would be that you are friends with Art. If you read back in the post you will see I said nothing to him as usual and he always seems to have something bad to say about me. He doesn't even know me but he is friends with my X-Wife and her boy friend?one of my old friends. Huummm

I ride with a small group of people and do my shows here and there and get the magazine coverage that help keep me around. Frankly I still love riding and do it mostly for fun and that's why most of my sponsors have supported me and continue to do so.

I don't know about being washed up and all that. I just do my own thing. I'm sure you have heard about Vegas and all the thievery and the police being all over every one here. Well I'm friend with so many coppers out here that I see one every now and then in the crowd just chillin in plain clothes. So I especially don't ride with the bike night crowd if you know what I mean. I know they are trying to profile here and if your not out there in front of every body they don't look at you, ya know.

I got out and rode with everyone when jay came to town last month and had a blast and did a lot of stuff I never even tried before. It was a fun night but I heard some police had been in the crowd taking photos and I will have to answer for that stuff when I go to my orals for the fire dept. or police dept. Yes I don't plan to ride forever. lol

Anyway What a tangent.

I was hiting the ground and paying for bike upon bikes befor most of the stunters now adays even thought hey i want to be a stunter. I know you spent some time with pauly or should i say couldn't get rid of him for awhile. But if you have seen the fist video you mentioned "LVX" you have seen I was the one innovating and hitting the ground every month to go big and do things no one saw before. So i don't really feel I'm milking the sport I feel I've worked hard and paid more dues than most stunters, to not only stay apart of something I love to do but help it grow knowing I will never truly reap the benefits of the work I do to help this sport get bigger and more excepted.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:44 PM

i think its odd that he replys once something is siad about him...and hes never on sutntlife anyways.but yeha.i dont really have much say on thsi topic...im jsut thought it was odd he relied for enver being on sutntlife
Old 09-22-2005, 01:51 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by D-Mann
I unlike most people in this sport have always tried to hook others up. Like the star boyz and there tire deal this year in no small part to my eforts for them and Patrick Stevens tire deal again something I helped set up. And thew blankstrum has the same full ride in part due to the setup all year trying to get Maxxis to bring in more riders and steering them in a certain directions.

I have hooked a lot of people up with different sponsorships, at times even risking my own to do so because as you know there is only so much to go around.

We never get sponsor help!! lol Now you now who to Help!!!
Us the Desert Creatures who dont get any exposure down here in the Desert with Lizards & Snakes!! Put out a word for us!! I've been blowin up tires left & right + in the middle too!!! I keep putting on holie tires with patches. Tires that end up in the desert as trash from all you guys!!! I will tell you what is Sad from my part. That is that everyone that does a wheelie, becomes a Pro Stunter, They have their own Professional Website & their own Professional Video " Like Us"...lol Then they add either : "Stunts" or "Extreme" to their name & they get the sponsors too!!! I personally know so many people that are Pro-Stunters that cant do nothing at all. This Year I met People that quit their Job to become Pro-Stunters & right now I have Stickers, Shirts & I am waiting for their video which is going to be released soon!!! What a joke this so called sport is.............
Now The Pro-Stunters that I have met, And may I Add that there has been plenty of them Including Big Names in this so called sport that have supplemental incomes in order to be able to do their Job" Stunting".......( hold on let me laugh............lol)..... that has made me open up my eyes & realize that there is nothing is this so called sport. No offense but, Don't yourself have a Job as a Concrete Truck Driver? I heard that anyway.. Non the less,
Ive yet met one person who actually makes a living off of this so called sport!
Now there is people who dont work & that claim they make a living out of this. lol They for one, dont own a house. 2) They dont even own a vehicle...lol & most of the money, if not all the money, comes from supportive parents who believe them on the dream that one day it will happen! Getting Rich that is!! lol
Most everyone in here in Stuntlife & Everywhere else that is motorcycle related think that Big Name People actually are Rich & Making a good living... that it is Pathetic!! It actually is combulsive to my stomach. So Called Pro-Stunters mislead the public constantly. They live a fukked up Fantasy of being someone famous & get the "Cheap Fame" out of a few Local people & perhaps in neighboring Cities & States like We have ourselves. By the way may I add that that is my most favorite Stunting Movie Title. " Cheap Fame " from Motopshyco's. Mature People that realized what this so called sport was & continued doing what made them money!! I am sure that they still ride for fun & are prolly killing it!!
I am going to go out now & get me a job
so that I could go buy a Tire & continue doing my Hobbie!!
Peace Out!!
Manny
Old 09-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

pessimism - A negative outlook on life... its a poison!

Manny, after reading your post.. ive come to think it's about the most negative thing ive ever read, left me with a feeling of total saddness... not good man.. the glass is half full hommie... Its all in your perspective and outlook.

Im not going to get Dr. Phil on you but i really think your misconstruded your original plan, your original view of what u wanted from this sport, and why u did it... you sound very bitter.

I've known you for awhile now, and I remember distinctly how excited and eager you and Edub used to be to enter into this sport full time. I remember the illusions ya'll had... conviced yourselves completely that as soon as your video is done "Voila" instant rich, instantly your funding to travel the world would be there, instantly sponsors would contact you and give u the world. and I was excited for you, I totally hope that all still happens for you.

You make a few good points though..

Your right that most of the "big name" stunters all have a supplimentary income aiding, and feeding their ventures. true true... sure would be easier to do only this if money grew on trees eh! haha.. CRY!!! do what u need to do to continue to do what u do! and im NOT reffering to illegal activity. there are many ways to suppliment income...
Ie: web design, Graphic design, Editorials, Photography, editing, videography, SOUND editing, Retail Sales, advertising... whew get me started!

and you touched on parental support.

Nick Apex reminded me once, a long time ago, and its stuck with me.. that ages ago way prior to his involvment with motorcycles. Nick was die-hard and interested in Snow Boarding, If i remember right he was very successful too ALMOST "pro".. BUT he also pointed out that in that sport in order to make the leap to full time sole income IE "Pro" it took parental support. not necisarily with just money but HEART. I've agreed with him ever since. Look at almost every big name "extreme sport" athlete they have have supportive parents... Carey hart, Pastrana, Sean White... etc etc..

Cant hate on the fact that some people's parents care about what their kids do enough to aid them however they can. thats what parenting is about... when u have kids suddenly your dreams are replaced by their dreams. Thats what makes America, America! thats a small part of why this country is so fukin great!

I know my own story, my relationship with my mom (no dad) was always very negative prior to about 2 years ago... after i left to pursue this dream full time, over the course of the 2 years i know that my mom and i have actually become very good friends... she's seen how ive approached this sport and how successful ive been thus far, and it's juiced her to give me that moral support Ive NEVER had in my life.. and its awesome! its the most rejuvinating thing on earth! The days when im upset and want to give up and tell this sport and a lot of the haters in it to **** of and be done.. are the days when my mom of all people will tell me to continue. thats a feeling that better than a highchair circle..

This sport has changed my life! its changed many peoples lives ive seen it!

there are misconceptions of everything in life. you watch TV, magazines, newpapers and you assume. you think one thing but reality is never that!!

Who ever said that Pro means money? if money is what you seek.. then pro isnt for you...

In order to survive making money through stunts it takes... Drumm roll.. WORK.

for me Pro has meant a life time experience that I would never trade in. I have seen this entire country, met soooo many people, been involved in the industry in ways i never knew possible, I've been a published PAID magazine writer this year, thats a feat in itself that makes me smile like a 3 year old! I've learned sooooo much about BUSINESS, professionalism, work ethics. Its been the craziest 2 years in my life man and I fukin LOVE IT! the lessons ive learned through this sport are going to make me a better person later in life.

Ive met many PRO motorcyclists in the last few years.. many old Pro racers... and ive heard all their stories ive seen how they relate.. its all the same story my friend! this industry is great!

instead of people sitting there crying about not getting sponsors, or crying that so and so is better then this person, or I can do this this this and this why am i not getting that..

my message to everyone is:

Stop worrying what OTHERS are doing and pay attention to yourselves! worry about what YOU do. Worry about your own goals, and happiness man..

if you go into anything in life demanding something your probably going to leave bitter and upset..

have no expectations and youll never be disappointed!

blood milk and sky!

-kane
Old 09-22-2005, 03:55 PM

you all are women
Old 09-22-2005, 03:58 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by middleschooler
you all are women
hahahaha
Old 09-22-2005, 04:06 PM

Hold on It will get better... Im just not a fast Typer!!! Drumssssssssssss.....
Old 09-22-2005, 04:08 PM

Get your Pop Corn. Time to spice up Stunt Life!! Go smoke your cigs.......

KANE:
Old 09-22-2005, 04:12 PM

ohh ****.mannys bout to light up the borad with another paragrph......fast fingers mcgee
Old 09-22-2005, 04:13 PM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point

damn..... i miss drama.... lol.... i get a girlfriend and miss out on all the cool ****....
Old 09-22-2005, 04:17 PM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

i say we have a giant battle here in florida.... um wait...
stunt wars........ bring ur a game b*itches
Old 09-22-2005, 04:18 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep