i like that feeling when something clicks

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 12:45 AM
ags

ags is an unknown quantity at this point
i like that feeling when something clicks

when youve been trying and it all suddenly comes together...that makes you wanna learn more
Old 11-06-2004, 12:56 AM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: i like that feeling when something clicks

And what have you learned that makes you want to learn more? I am still working on beating the Longest knee in the seat on a Texas highway. Riding with Greg helps alot.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:17 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

after 4 months of riding, wheelies have finally clicked for me and yes it is a great feeling, i "rocked our lot" today, by that i mean i ran outa room to do a wheelie and had to set it down. That was the greatest feeling in the world because just 4 months ago i was having problems riding 2 parking spaces long haha.

Also did a few "spreaders" my tank isnt dented in so i kinda gotta grip the bike with my thieghs so i dont slide down so i cant get the full affect, but i rode a couple of that bad boys out for quite a ways, i was pumped.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:37 AM

walters689 is an unknown quantity at this point

yer.. i just got slow wheelies heaps better on my mx bike today.. still along way to go but im confident... helps having better riders around ya
Old 11-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NovaMan
after 4 months of riding, wheelies have finally clicked for me and yes it is a great feeling, i "rocked our lot" today, by that i mean i ran outa room to do a wheelie and had to set it down. That was the greatest feeling in the world because just 4 months ago i was having problems riding 2 parking spaces long haha.

Also did a few "spreaders" my tank isnt dented in so i kinda gotta grip the bike with my thieghs so i dont slide down so i cant get the full affect, but i rode a couple of that bad boys out for quite a ways, i was pumped.
How you doing them spreaders man? Clutching 1st?
Old 11-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NovaMan

how did you do them? Clutching 1st?
Old 11-06-2004, 11:57 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

yup, clutching up first

you gotta give it alittle more ***** then when your doing a regular standup because your sitting so far forward but once it comes up you just gotta stay on the throttle till you get near bp. I havent brought them to BP yet because my ***** are that big haha. And ive slid off the tank twice doing spreaders and thats not a fun situation.

Edit: Oh and yesterday i was watching my shadow to see how high i was bringing the bike up it was pretty cool hehe. Id say the length i rode it out for was near 150 ft.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:07 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 03gixxer1k
And what have you learned that makes you want to learn more? I am still working on beating the Longest knee in the seat on a Texas highway. Riding with Greg helps alot.
I hadn't been able to ride for a little over a year now. Part injury and the other nerves, but I'm gonna do what it takes to get back where I was. You mentioned riding with Greg Fowler, well as for freeway as well as track your riding with one of the best, but however long it takes we will be gunning for that mark on a South Texas highway as well good luck...I know I'll need it.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:37 PM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point

Its gonna be a hard one to beat. Greg is setting up to beat it himself, and he has gotten even better.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:52 PM

Firefly is an unknown quantity at this point

Know the feeling... It's really great.