tank slapper

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 05:48 PM

Gsxr1000kid666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: tank slapper

Originally Posted by MasterShake
gsxr1000kid666 seen my 110mph slapper.. i was in the power band of third gear on a pretty rough road, i slamed it wide open throttle and the wheel must have come off the ground a tiny bit and i was pulling cause of the g force and it started slapping. both the rear and front wheel were sliding out and i just held on and arround 60mph it stoped. i remembering just trying to give it gas and the bike was trying to throw me off so it wasn't an option to gas out of it so i justed mucled through it, also a loose tripple doesn't help
that was the craziest thing ive ever seen
Old 12-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had one on my R6 a couple weeks ago. Had a lady pull out in front of me and I hit the rear brake... the tire locked up on me so I let go and hit the front brake and and just wiggled about two or three times and then WHAM up over the bars I went. Guess the bike bering slightly sideways didn't help much. Landed on my head and slid on my back onto the side of the road, hit the gravel and it started me flipping. Looked like a rag doll. Concussion, disloacated shoulder, broken finger, and sprained ankle later... I'm good. Bike didn't come out too bad. But it sucks cause I just had it painted C5 corvette silver with flake. So much for that and my RS3. It'll be up and together by next season though... if I ever get the money.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:39 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a tank slapper a few weeks ago. wasnt to big of a deal its just that i wasnt expecting it. i just fought it and gave a little gas and came out fine.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Regular StuntLifer

ipimp is an unknown quantity at this point

Had one a while back on my ZX6r was not a good one but acceleration got me out of that the next day I ordered a GPR stabalizer which is adjustable and they rework it every year for free u just pay freight but after that one so far so good
Old 12-07-2004, 08:43 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gsxr1000kid666
that was the craziest thing ive ever seen
hey man your out in AZ... do you know chris hes got an 02 f4i and an 03 954. i think hes at school or something there. they stunt out in the desert on some off those really long assss roads. i wanna ride out there this summer!
Old 12-07-2004, 10:09 PM

Gsxr1000kid666 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah ur probaly talking about 238. im sure i probaly know him. when u come out here we should get together and tear up the streets
Old 12-08-2004, 02:01 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by MasterShake
gsxr1000kid666 seen my 110mph slapper.. i was in the power band of third gear on a pretty rough road, i slamed it wide open throttle and the wheel must have come off the ground a tiny bit and i was pulling cause of the g force and it started slapping. both the rear and front wheel were sliding out and i just held on and arround 60mph it stoped. i remembering just trying to give it gas and the bike was trying to throw me off so it wasn't an option to gas out of it so i justed mucled through it, also a loose tripple doesn't help
I wish I would have held on... Damn, that sounds just as violent as mine, all though the 600rr does have a heavy front end.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:08 AM

F4IFREAK305 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was riding at night with a bunch of buddies i told one guy to get up behind me and follow me for light , a friend of mine had jetted ahead on a busa, i picked it up in 3rd was riding a clean wheelie about 1/4 mile then i came to a small curve in the road nothin major i could handle that any time but my buddy on the busa got right in my lane and started hittin his brake (oddly enough the same time he started hitting his brakes i started sh*ting my pants) , i was still hangin off the side of the bike tryin to make the corner when it dropped, i got in a nasty wobble going around a curve with a nice strait path with a telephone poll, luckily i just hung on and rode out of it but damn did that scare me. :YEAH
Old 12-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah man i was knee dragging a tank slapper... side to side like no other, maybe sunday when we go film i'll loosen my tree again and set some wheelies down sideways to show you what im talking about.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha "hey maybe next time we have the camera I'll come as close to wrecking as possible for you guys!"... Now THATS dedication to a thread!
Old 12-09-2004, 02:10 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

get a stering dampner
Old 12-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

why get a steering damper when u got perfectly good concrete to dampen your fall
Old 12-10-2004, 06:41 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Since I got a stuntbike now I'm thinking about trading in my 954 in on an 03 GSX-R750 with full pipe pc3 hotbodies undertail bunch of carbon fiber **** they want 7500 it has 2000 miles. If I can get them down to 7000 and get 6500 for my bike I'll get it.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:55 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

dude if that 954 had trouble doing wheelies in your climate .. your going to need like +15 to wheelie that 750
Old 12-10-2004, 08:42 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

What? 750's aren't much less powerful than a 954. I'm not looking for power anyway I'm just looking for a bike that handles well.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:16 PM

gsxrmario is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to ride a 86 gsxr 750. Sounds like a non stunter...wrong, this thing did stand ups, sit downs, seat stands, etc. Well, I was practicing on the highway in 3rd doing about 100. As I went under a bridge a cross wind tipped me a bit, since it felt bad about the wheelie, I attempted to put it down asap(wrong). I put it down and instantly went into a steering stop slapper. I have had tank slappers before but this was too fast for that "gas it and it will be ok" mentality. It shook so hard that it ripped the bars from my hands and flicked my feet from the pegs! I was on the saddle holding on by ***** alone. I could not see since the shaking was so violent so I decided to bail(still doing 80). I slid to a stop and only needed a little surgery on my ankle to remove some extra bone fragments from the flip I did while sliding. Point; steering dampers are good, not all slappers are recoverable(give it gas to lighten the front end), fast wheelies can hurt! I ride a 96 750 now and rock wheelies as much as possible!! :YEAH
Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Old School

Ice Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Crosswind caught me really bad on my TL in a stand-up last year. I was going faster than I would normally ride one, maybe 70 or 75. I came down to the side really hard to avoid riding into a steep ditch. It was so bad that it didn't really slap, the front wheel just caught so hard it hopped. At the same time this cut the rear end loose. It caught and hopped 6 or 7 times over a 5 or 6 second period of time for around 400 yards.It was also getting dark, and all my friends could see was my tail light sliding back and fourth moving about 5 feet from side to side. I finally fell on the throttle which helped me pull out of it. When my taillight straightened out, my buddies thought it was because my bike was on the ground and sliding. I had the stock damper on, and that is all. The reason it happened was because I was riding in bad conditions, and going faster than I do anymore in a wheelie. After that, I never ride without gear anymore. I don't really hit the streets much anymore either
Old 12-15-2004, 05:46 PM

F.P.L.K.S. is an unknown quantity at this point

, not all slappers are recoverable(give it gas to lighten the front end), fast wheelies can hurt! I ride a 96 750 now and rock wheelies as much as possible!! :YEAH[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's pretty hard to roll on the throttle when you can't get ahold of it.I had a couple this year at the stunt life comp in Union Grove, practicing for the best squid wheelie.Apparently I was a little hung over yet and set it down at around 120 and was not paying attention. Same thing happened to me the bars where going from lock to lock and I was just waiting to start sliding but some how it came out of it.If its bad enough nothing but god is going to help you. Pro racers go down from them still.