600rr standups???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 11:49 PM
www.twistedstunts.com

devilstoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 600rr standups???

Originally Posted by Dela
yes you will unless u got gearing.
if you go past balance point and dont have brake controll you will loop the gearing does suck on the rr but i know my boy rips 3rd gear stand ups down the high for miles the rider makes the bike not the other way around
Old 11-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i've been prolly like 2-3 inches from touching my exhaust in alot of stand ups and engine break saved me, yeah im thinking i just need to 1 down right now. i got some spreaders up in first tonight pretty good. bikes starting to sound like it needs a valve job asap
Old 11-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MasterShake
i've been prolly like 2-3 inches from touching my exhaust in alot of stand ups and engine break saved me, yeah im thinking i just need to 1 down right now. i got some spreaders up in first tonight pretty good. bikes starting to sound like it needs a valve job asap
either 1 down or get an F4I sprocket. It's 46 teeth. your chain is probably stretched enough it will fit nice. I did it. Id give u mine but then id have to get a new chain . its all stretched out
Old 11-12-2004, 08:44 PM

stunterd is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go past your bp in a highchair and you are going fast enough you will still have some compression braking with stock gearing but what I found, is if you do go too far pull in the clutch lean forward and then drop the clutch it was enough for me to save it when I was doing a highchair bout a month ago. I crashed a 12 night before last damn high idle. Oh and for some strange reason I find highchairs easier on this bike than spreaders.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:23 AM

rabiosito is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 600rr standups???

I'm a Mexican stunter, I have the 600rr too,same problem here! I can wheelie, but not very high!............(dont want to use the clutch)! and I'm a f*** fat guy (90kg).................., all the pics with slim guys, come on!!! eat something! drink Beer!!

Here in Mexico stunt is veeery expensive! one 600rr cost about 13,000usd the 1000RR 16,500usd,,,, SUZUKI or KAWASAKI??? maybe 10% more expensive! and only cash, difficult to credit! I got an SRT4 more easier than the f*** byke

Speed ....more and more speed! go Neon, go to stage 3(310hp)!

but here, NO COPS, I'm free!!!!

I love this corrupted country!

YES, I'm a corrupted Mexican !!

:YEAH
Old 11-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

ahaha is this a joke? man 13k thats alot of yard work huh.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:40 PM

The6duB is an unknown quantity at this point

hahah what a great welcome...im new here and ive been riding for almost a year but just now tryin to get the front wheel up, i messed around last summer but didnt get too far...i just wanted to know what i should do about a cage cuz i dont wanna mess the rr up too bad when i screw around
Old 12-23-2004, 11:48 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by carolinaboy
its me again fellas oh, and ladies. After i read the basic wheelies article and asked a few questions, got some great advice, i can clutch it up in first sitting. Tried a few times standing and man, its like you said, it feels weird with your left foot back. Made me feel like my bike was gonna go to the right. getting use to the feeling and i hope today i will get them to the basketball sized cahones and just let it fly. But, my question is about a response i got. When standing, should i be standing and bounce it, or clutch it sitting and stand as the front comes up? And when i do get it to launch while standing, how hard is it to hang on and to not give it more throttle on accident when it throws me back? Don't want to crash the new 600rr. And anyone that has one and could help please don't be shy, you may prevent broken bones and broken wallets. Thanks again. Still in TRaining
I know someone who stunts a 600rr. One thing about this model is that the motor sits so far forward and it is so front heavy that the balance point is at 11 or 1130 which leaves you with less room for error you have to be way back there to ride out a wheelie. I'd say get a different bike. I think you are going to be riding nubie power wheelies for awhile but if you get used to it and rockin every wheelie at 1130 = PIMP!
Old 12-25-2004, 12:23 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MasterShake
what really got me in BP was two corona's. a week after i got my bike i went to a friends house and got alittle buzzed and everyone was dipping out n i was like i ain't that drunk. and i was cruzing home on the freeway and decided to pull alittle stand up buzzed and i brought it way back and held it for ever. now i rock em sober like no other.
as bad as it sounds he's right. i guess its an anxiety thing.... when you have a SLIGHT buzz you're really relaxed and just like **** it. but KNOW the difference between slightly buzzed and drunk
Old 12-25-2004, 07:21 PM

TeboNator is an unknown quantity at this point

if you got a 12 bar, it wouldn't help you at high speeds huh?? like say you were trying to find ur bp in 2nd or 3rd??

I remember my first attempt on a wheelie behind some warehouses.. 1st gear, I just slapped up, got scared of rolling it over (in a GS500?!), slammed the brakes, and slammed the boys on the tank... ya bad feeling.. I just hear everyone on the side "OOOH! ! !" guess they felt my pain...
Old 12-25-2004, 08:49 PM

Gsxr1000kid666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeboNator
if you got a 12 bar, it wouldn't help you at high speeds huh?? like say you were trying to find ur bp in 2nd or 3rd??

I remember my first attempt on a wheelie behind some warehouses.. 1st gear, I just slapped up, got scared of rolling it over (in a GS500?!), slammed the brakes, and slammed the boys on the tank... ya bad feeling.. I just hear everyone on the side "OOOH! ! !" guess they felt my pain...
nope 12 bar will make the wreck like 10x worse itll send u and the bike sideways
Old 12-26-2004, 08:05 AM

mikeyscbr600rr is an unknown quantity at this point

racing 905 has decent cages, check em out.... as far as the advice on your stand ups I cant give you much since I dont do em yet..... soon hopefully, the 600rr us front end heavy though so just practice, theres some guy in 600rr.net that claims to be able to do stand ups in 4th stock gearing.... everyone is different, get a cage and some stuntin plastics, I gotta guy who can get you a set for cheap rashed but mountable.... save your good plastics for when your ridin, put your stuntin plastics on when you are stuntin... saves money so I have learned.... lotta guys try stuntin on their only bike (myself included....) what I have learned.... keep extra clip ons handy, get a cage, and use stuntin plastics..... just some things to keep in mind sorry I couldnt help with standup info.... ----Mike
Old 12-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i gotta grip my gas gap. i slide off on highchairs its hella scary. and spreaders are set now. i can hold em at bp in first but im in hella high rpm so i don't ride em to long, haven't changed my oil in like 8k.... ***** prolly black water.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gsxr1000kid666
nope 12 bar will make the wreck like 10x worse itll send u and the bike sideways
yup! i've seen that happen and it's not a pretty site.