600rr standups???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: 600rr standups???

600rr is great, it'll come up in third, you just need to grow some tic tacs
Old 11-05-2004, 08:15 AM

mattyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

ive grown some, is your bike geared or anything?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:35 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

salt is an unknown quantity at this point

for reaql MS can ride the **** outta his ****, listen to him, and i think advice for you is dont be abitch, nail it, cause at 105 rwhp or whatever they turn, you gotta clutch that thing to get it up, technique man
Old 11-05-2004, 12:36 PM

carolinaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattyboy
hey guys whats up? Ive got an 04 600rr and i cant wheelies this thing for $hit.Ive tried power wheelie but cant get it too high been trying to cluch but not working too well, ive heard the 600rr is a pain, any advice or best rpm to crack it at?
NO NO NO, I have an 04 600rr, it will power up in 1st @8500 or 9000rpm, but timing is crucial as well as speed. You can clutch it in 1st easily sitting, standing i can clutch 1st, 2nd, and now 3rd but you have to add the bounce. I just got standups the other day, all with the advice from this forum, just read the wheelies article, then read some of my questions and questions from others. The replys really helped me, i could only power it up about a foot before but after following the advice, im trying to hold the bp now. So really, it ain't the bike dude. try stand ups first and in 1st, about 15 or 20mph, use one finger, to slip the clutch, this helped me get the timing down. The lift is not as hard as you'll think and it won't throw you off. Using a little throtte and increase slightly each time. once you get it up the first time. The feeling won't leave and feels natural. then you can do it consistantly. But really read the basic wheelies thread, and also search and read the replys. If your the only one of your buds who ride or want to stunt, then this forum and these people are your best friends. Got to practice, :YEAH later.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinaboy
NO NO NO, I have an 04 600rr, it will power up in 1st @8500 or 9000rpm, but timing is crucial as well as speed. You can clutch it in 1st easily sitting, standing i can clutch 1st, 2nd, and now 3rd but you have to add the bounce. I just got standups the other day, all with the advice from this forum, just read the wheelies article, then read some of my questions and questions from others. The replys really helped me, i could only power it up about a foot before but after following the advice, im trying to hold the bp now. So really, it ain't the bike dude. try stand ups first and in 1st, about 15 or 20mph, use one finger, to slip the clutch, this helped me get the timing down. The lift is not as hard as you'll think and it won't throw you off. Using a little throtte and increase slightly each time. once you get it up the first time. The feeling won't leave and feels natural. then you can do it consistantly. But really read the basic wheelies thread, and also search and read the replys. If your the only one of your buds who ride or want to stunt, then this forum and these people are your best friends. Got to practice, :YEAH later.
haha and all this from a guy that couldnt wheelie less than a month ago
Old 11-08-2004, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
haha and all this from a guy that couldnt wheelie less than a month ago
Yeah, your right, i couldn't do wheelies a month ago, other than power ups. But isn't this Help section for the purpose of help? Speaking of it, i need some more, the big BP. standing up on both front pegs, but the light feeling scares the #$%^ out of me, I am real choppy, can't seem to get smooth. Got any advice. Since you've been here more than a month.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:41 PM

truth is an unknown quantity at this point

carolinaboy i think he was complimenting you man...saying that only a month ago you couldn't wheelie and now you can? :shrug:

i didn't get very good responses to my thread that i just posted up
Old 11-08-2004, 06:08 PM

Gsxr1000kid666 is an unknown quantity at this point

believe me, don't worry about getting them high, get them to 6 o clock and ride them out real smooth n that will teach you the throttle control. then one night you will show off and get one real high infront of the ladies n ride that bitch out with thee biggest smile ever.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:14 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gsxr1000kid666
believe me, don't worry about getting them high, get them to 6 o clock and ride them out real smooth n that will teach you the throttle control. then one night you will show off and get one real high infront of the ladies n ride that bitch out with thee biggest smile ever.

6 o'clock what......6 o'clock is straight down buddy.....but he did have a good point thats exactly how i got it......showing off in front of a bunch of chicks.....just ride the ones you can and one day you'll whack the throttle to hard and it will come up high and then everything will click......after that its cake.....
Old 11-10-2004, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Truth
carolinaboy i think he was complimenting you man...saying that only a month ago you couldn't wheelie and now you can? :shrug:

i didn't get very good responses to my thread that i just posted up
i hope it was a complement, thats how i took it anyway, thats why i asked him for more help. Sometimes its hard to know the meaning behind the words, but no problem, he's right. BP just frustrates me. Just can't seem to land on it, too much and i close the throttle and end up chopping if im lucky, or it comes down, not enough and it comes up to the hump or hardly comes up at all. Just can't get it.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:33 PM

i hope it was a complement, thats how i took it anyway, thats why i asked him for more help. Sometimes its hard to know the meaning behind the words, but no problem, he's right. BP just frustrates me. Just can't seem to land on it, too much and i close the throttle and end up chopping if im lucky, or it comes down, not enough and it comes up to the hump or hardly comes up at all. Just can't get it.
yeah i was complimenting you.

as far as finding bp, you just gotta give it more gas and tap the brake if you go to far back. you start to go down, give it gas. start to fall back, tap the brake.

it takes some time thats for sure. you just have to get used to not closing the throttle when you go too far back, then rely on the brake to save you. need more help just ask.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
yeah i was complimenting you.

as far as finding bp, you just gotta give it more gas and tap the brake if you go to far back. you start to go down, give it gas. start to fall back, tap the brake.

it takes some time thats for sure. you just have to get used to not closing the throttle when you go too far back, then rely on the brake to save you. need more help just ask.
Thanks for the help and compliment. Your advice got me this far without crashing or dieing and i can't say how much i appreciate it. NO BS Thanks. I need all the help i can get. I'll let you know how it turns out. Still practicing.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:02 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

All I know is a 600RR will come up in second here where there's 25% less power so it can't be that hard. They are the best looking bike in a standup in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:03 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Thanks for the help and compliment. Your advice got me this far without crashing or dieing and i can't say how much i appreciate it. NO BS Thanks. I need all the help i can get. I'll let you know how it turns out. Still practicing.
Just don't push yourself if you can't do it. I rode for the first time in a month yesterday and spiked the throttle at bp. I barely caught it before my tail hit the ground. I really shouldn't have been doing standups 2 minutes after getting on a bike I hadn't ridden in a month but whatever just go at your own pace.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by FHL
All I know is a 600RR will come up in second here where there's 25% less power so it can't be that hard. They are the best looking bike in a standup in my opinion.
600rr is a fuel injected bike. theres not a 25% power dif. thats for carbed bikes only
Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah just takes time dude. im 5 months in and i can now hit freeway turns on one wheel and i've 12vd my bike and fixin to jump from a stand up to a spreader! anybody got any tips before i loop this bitch on accident? i gripped my tank and can't get my bike up in secound gear sitting on the tank. i've tride a few 1st gear spreaders and it just seems not as cool. should i get use to em in 1st or go ***** out on the leap? anybody do spreaders on a 600rr or high chairs? i need to know the little pros n cons n what to be ready for..
Old 11-11-2004, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MasterShake
yeah just takes time dude. im 5 months in and i can now hit freeway turns on one wheel and i've 12vd my bike and fixin to jump from a stand up to a spreader! anybody got any tips before i loop this bitch on accident? i gripped my tank and can't get my bike up in secound gear sitting on the tank. i've tride a few 1st gear spreaders and it just seems not as cool. should i get use to em in 1st or go ***** out on the leap? anybody do spreaders on a 600rr or high chairs? i need to know the little pros n cons n what to be ready for..
I can't help you, but that stand up pic is awesome. Thats where i m trying to get too. bp has got me, can't seem to hold it, i got past it and slam it down or i don't get near it at all. Getting frustrated, but i haven't rode all this week. Gonna practice Sat and Sun, hope to get some long results. Later
Old 11-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

If u don't go to a parking lot to learn 12's ( and brake control) you will probably loop it eventually. Especially the 600rr. Balancing point is the exact point between falling one way or the other. I'm just saying be carefull.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Scrapes Elbow

if ur in a high chair with no hand brake and u go past bp alitle.. you going to loop?
Old 11-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MasterShake
if ur in a high chair with no hand brake and u go past bp alitle.. you going to loop?

yes you will unless u got gearing.

Quick Reply: 600rr standups???