F4i-Clip ons

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 11:15 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i-Clip ons

I got an '01 f4i but hate the seat and clip ons. The f4i isn't even a race bike and the clip ons are closer together then the Gsxr, which is more of a race bike . Anyone know if you can adjust the Clip ons outward?? It looks like you can't. Anyone know where (internet) to buy adjustable aftermarket clip ons?? Ebay seems to only have stock..

Im getting a gsxr from a friend and like the clip ons and seat 10times better then the f4i. I've been successfully bouncing 2nd on the gsxr with ease but have the hardest time on the f4i (with -1F ). Any advice..
So far I think the gsxr 600 ('03) is by far better then the f4i. (all around, stuntability, comfortability, etc)
I haven't hit BP on either so maybe Im complaining to quick...

Opinions.........
Thanks
Old 10-25-2004, 12:54 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Re: F4i-Clip ons

You can turn the bars out by grinding off the locating tabs that keep them from turning on the top clamp.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:52 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
You can turn the bars out by grinding off the locating tabs that keep them from turning on the top clamp.
RIght on
Thanks
Old 10-25-2004, 12:38 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 287ridah
I got an '01 f4i but hate the seat and clip ons. The f4i isn't even a race bike and the clip ons are closer together then the Gsxr, which is more of a race bike . Anyone know if you can adjust the Clip ons outward?? It looks like you can't. Anyone know where (internet) to buy adjustable aftermarket clip ons?? Ebay seems to only have stock..

Im getting a gsxr from a friend and like the clip ons and seat 10times better then the f4i. I've been successfully bouncing 2nd on the gsxr with ease but have the hardest time on the f4i (with -1F ). Any advice..
So far I think the gsxr 600 ('03) is by far better then the f4i. (all around, stuntability, comfortability, etc)
I haven't hit BP on either so maybe Im complaining to quick...

Opinions.........
Thanks
you are complaining too quik for sure. my friend has one and i can rock it stock. you need to clutch it up. start out in second cuz its smoother. COVER THE REAR BRAKE. get going around 30-40ish(start of power band), grab the clutch and give it gas. slip the clutch fast and smooth while staying on the gas. use one finger on the clutch if you can, then just let it slide off the clutch. remeber, its going to come up fast and will take PRACTICE to get it up. you need to rev it high before dropping the clutch, but start small to get the feel of it.

keep you *** over the rear seat and as its coming up you will straighten your legs automatically.

the seat is hard for a reason- it helps you read the road better, but yeah its hard as hell. get a gel seat and your cool.