Fuel Injected Vs. Carbureted

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 08:28 AM

SVDragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel Injected Vs. Carbureted

Hey peoples I need some advice. I was going to purchase an F4i because I was told that I want fuel injection for a stunt bike. However, I just came across a killer deal on a '99 R6 wich is carbureted..... What's the difference stunt wise? why is the fuel injected better?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:06 AM

20blks is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fuel Injected Vs. Carbureted

In your case, I would definately get the honda. I don't really like yamaha's as stunt bikes. The honda is far more durable and the r6 is a little jumpy. Just my
Old 10-24-2004, 09:52 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

If the deal is that good, get it and sell it. Then you'll have more money for an f4i
Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
If the deal is that good, get it and sell it. Then you'll have more money for an f4i
i second that
Old 10-24-2004, 07:09 PM

SVDragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
I wouldnt be able to get that much money out of it.... It has been wrecked but only has cosmetic damage like tank and busted fairings/sheild. As for a stunt bike that dont matta to me. I can pick it up for $2500 however I figured for an f4i I would be looking at 5G's.

I thought there was a deal with carbureted bikes cutting off on you? The last thing I want to do is rock a tank wheelie and have that sucka die on me.

and I am curious of this answer not just for this situation, but also personal interest
Old 10-24-2004, 08:02 PM

cbARR900 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by SVDragon
I wouldnt be able to get that much money out of it.... It has been wrecked but only has cosmetic damage like tank and busted fairings/sheild. As for a stunt bike that dont matta to me. I can pick it up for $2500 however I figured for an f4i I would be looking at 5G's.

I thought there was a deal with carbureted bikes cutting off on you? The last thing I want to do is rock a tank wheelie and have that sucka die on me.

and I am curious of this answer not just for this situation, but also personal interest
since their both 600's i would go for the f4i honda stuff is durable.

although for the carb/injected debate, 900rr's are great stunt bikes and they are carbureted, only problem i know of is on long wheelies at the PB teh floats need to be adjusted a little hgiher? but im not sure about anything yamaha
Old 10-24-2004, 09:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Silver Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd take a f4i over the R6 for stunting but it has nothing to do with fuel injection.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:38 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

i stunt an r6 and i love it for everything except bar tricks. it only runs for about 10-15 on the bar before it floods. i stay off the bar. i wish i had bought an injected bike just for that reason. but as far as them being fragile i dont see it, i wrecked 4 times learning to 12, i destroyed my 905 cage but i only broke 2 clips and a footpeg. o but my frame is cracked a lil
Old 10-25-2004, 12:38 AM

devin140 is an unknown quantity at this point

all i can really say is this, any fuel injected bike is gonna be twitchier, some carbed bikes will die out on you on wheelies, so ive heard, but ive never experienced it, never any problems on my F3. Just try to ride them both
Old 10-25-2004, 01:50 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the fact, Fuel Injection is better hands down no matter what. You'll find that people that ride carburated bikes either work on them constantly (and don't admit it you all know how you are RR lovers, lol) or haven't had them long enough to. I've got a RR and a injected GSXR. the injection gets smooth once you learn the bike your own. Nothing more frustating that jacking with your carbs because it's running off of three cylinders or keeps flooding out. GET THE INJECTION.

PS you can get a F4I for around 3K, they go for the same as the R6 and sometimes cheaper.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:08 PM

tuhy979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy the F4i they're sweet *** bikes. That was my first bike and I learned everything on it. Yamaha's suck. If not the honda get a gixxer.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:09 PM

02redr1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well, if the r6 is cheap enought get it, but the fi is good for bar tricks