insurance ins-n-outs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 09:06 PM

whisky is an unknown quantity at this point
insurance ins-n-outs

k totaled my 03' R-1 last friday. thing is, i blew off paying my insurance for a couple of months recently because of a financial problem i had to take care of. first thing monday, i renew my coverage without questions...they are like 60 miles away from me so they dont check the bike adn im fully covered again.

now, i dont want to **** myself and call the claim in right away like a dumass. i'm thinking about waiting 2 weeks at least before i call it in. my other concern is about how i go about explaining the accident. i've never filed a bike claim so i dont know whats coming adn i dont want to **** up. i dont want to be caught off-guard with a question that could screw me...
Old 10-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Regular StuntLifer

brandolb is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: insurance ins-n-outs

First off, did you go down all by yourself meaning you did not get a ticket or anyone else get one.
If there is no record of the accident then just claim it as soon as possible to get back on the road. Or park the bike(if it rides still)to another location and say it was stolen, just be sure to break the ignition, then call the po po's.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Is Insurance fraud something you want to be discussing on a public forum? Umm yeaaa....You should delete this thread and ask your neighbor---just my 2 cents!!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:05 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

sallys. if you wrecked and you have full coverage, claim it. if you wrecked w/ liability, then went and got full so they will cover it, thats a bitch move.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:09 PM

SuzukiJoe can only hope to improve

I'm actually an insurance adjuster, but not for automobile insurance. At any rate becareful because insurance companies are dumbass's. They know there are people out there such as yourself and will do everything to prevent a fraudulant claim.... Not saying you won't get away with it, but just becareful.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:35 PM

rocketjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

I just set fire to my house last night and today I renewed my ins. how long should i wate to te them
Old 10-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Leavell119 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im an agent. Just call them. Tell them you lost it in a turn. Have a street in mind. Say no one was around. Youll be fine.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:34 AM

KILLER-B is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you tell them something jumped out in front of you.....like an albino bigfoot that had a backpack on that had a leprechaun in it...tell them they just got done making UFO crop circles but they were on the way to find a spoon for the magically delicious cereal....and that is when they jumped in front of you!.....good luck!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:08 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats you just made my insurance go up!!!!!

You crashed, your fault, you fix it, don't make other people pay for your doings. I've totaled out 3 bikes and haven't made one claim (and my first year of insurance was 9K).

Sorry to be rude, but IF you did this from screwing around, stunting, racing, whatever, take the loss and don't make everyone else pay for your problems