technique or power??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:11 PM

stunterd is an unknown quantity at this point
technique or power??

Well I have been stunting my 600rr for the last cppl months. With the stock gearing and I can do a number of tricks including highchairs and spreaders, there not all that great I'm just starting to be able to keep my wheelies at bp. I've always told everyone that I talk to that you do not need a 1k to stunt. Just practice. Well today some guys started watching me and told me to try they bikes a 96 900rr and a 02 gsx-r 1000 now this is my first time actually riding a 1000. Well Holy crap is all I can say. Not only is it easier to bring it up but it does make first gear scary. Where as on my rr first gear actually feels like a mix between 2nd and 3rd on the gix. The gix was so powerful that I didn't like clutching it up in 1st only roll on (not power it just needed me to roll on the throttle) I found I could be more relaxed and do a better wheely on these bikes. I easily found bp felt more stable there and was able to push it past bp with ease on these bikes. everything felt more stable. There was something wrong with the 900rr though valves were ticking pretty bad and after about 30 mins of me riding it was hard to clutch it up more than a foot in 1st so I just stuck to the gix 1k. within 20 minutes I was doing spreaders at bp (something I have never been able to do before) and highchairs at bp and keep it there again a first. Bp didn't seem as high on this bike either! I was so excited about riding this thing.

Now my question is a different 600 hun going to fell as balanced as these. Is it just the front heavyness of my bike that makes it that much harder.

I always laughed when ppl told me that the 600rr is no good for stunts but I could rip it up on it. now that I have stunted other bikes my bike feels like gaabage for stunts.

Looks like I am going to be getting a stunt bike over the winter. this finally put me over the edge **** I love litre bikes.
wouldn't want one for the street though just for stunts.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:02 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: technique or power??

pics? Liter bikes ae great for the street!
Old 10-17-2004, 02:34 AM

ranchosmog is an unknown quantity at this point

ya once you get a gigga you dont go back to the 6hundreds as far as the streets go
Old 10-17-2004, 08:03 AM

It just seemed sometime coming around the corner the front would just come up with me hardly even rolling on the throttle. For just every day riding the streets I'd rather a torquey 600 or a slightly geared 600 and for stunting I would like a 1k. I can still kill it (disclaimer: My version of "kill it" may not be as good as yours.) on the highway with my 600hun.

No I didn't get a pictures it was one of the other guys camera and I didn't know anyone I was just riding everyone elses bike. Just found it neat where I had to learn the technique to do what I do then jump onto a 1k and I can be lazy cause the 1k is just so forgiving.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:04 AM

devin140 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stunterd stole it there, a powerful 600 would be great for the streets. I still love my 954, but i like riding the 600 too. but the power of the liter bikes is nice to have there
Old 10-18-2004, 08:54 PM

if only honda made a cbr 750 I would fall in love with that bike lol
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

600's are all that you need but 1000's make everything easier
i love my r1 now
Old 10-19-2004, 08:15 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it, I'm getting a gixxer 750 in the spring, but I wish that yami and honda and kawi made 750's as well, suzuki has the monopoly on the market right now, what's up with that?
I know that it's because they don't race the 750's anymore and so that's why they're not out there, but still, I bet a lot of people would get them.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:54 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...2&page=3&pp=20

before u dive into a litre bike, read wat some ppl who stunt them have to say...(i kno the thread is about hc scrapes but they talk about the 1k's vs teh 600s)
Old 10-20-2004, 05:23 PM

I think what would be perfect is a geared 600 with a re-done tranny changing the drive ratio for a taller one in 6th gear that way you wouldn't loose too mcuh top speed (you would loose acceleration shifting from 5 to 6th) but you'd have power and everything else that you like about a 600
Old 10-21-2004, 02:21 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVE MY 954 soooo much it's liter-ally (get it) unhealthy.

Seriously, man I got problems,,,I actually sing along with the honda comercials you know the lame azz song "Iwanna ride, I wanna ride" That's not good. I smile when the clock sais 9:54. While riding I either pull over or stand up to fart.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want more power simply gear your 600, if you get a 1k you'll regret it as you progress, the basic stunts will come with ease on a 1k, but when you want to slow things down for the more technical stunts, circles, ect. You'll have the same hate for the 1k that you now have for your 600, IMO gear your 600, to make bringing it up easier, and then you'll have the perfect bike. When people say that's not a good stunt bike, they are most likely trying to tell you that parts for it arent as readily available as a 900rr for example. If it has a clutch and wheels it can be stunted.