high chair scrapes

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person
Re: high chair scrapes

Originally Posted by got circles?
when did you start hittin em' on the 3rd at autofest you said your handfake has never worked and you have never done any kind of scape's ( seat stander,spreader,h\c ect.)just wondering.
I had already scraped em a few times by autofest i just didnt wanna chance breakin my neck at an event so i didnt get handbrake crazy... since autofest ive been in new mexico with team outermost.. going crazy over here these guys are nutty....

First crossed up scrape i did was almost a month ago now.. Apex films got it all on tape. took about 30 passes to work up the *****.. then hit it 3x in a row.. scariest trick ive ever done.. love it.

i had racing 905 do my dual caliper setup handbrake and i trust it 100x better then the two into one thing i had prior. when i had that setup i never felt confident enough to really try using it. the dual caliper is the way to go for sure!!!

call me wierd though but i am waaaaay smoother and more consistent with highchair scrapes then i am with spreader scrapes...

i can get some pretty decent idle spreaders though...

I love handbrakes!!!

kane
Old 10-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
F4i and 1000 are completely different balllgame when it comes to throttle control and engine brake. F4i is 10x better for both. I'm so sick of my bike for everything but fast ****. I can't wait to get an F4i, so much better of a stuntbike.
AMEN TO THAT!!!! the gsxr 1000 is just a too much of a fukin beast for the **** im tryin to do on it! i cant wait to get an f4i! I hoped on manny from outermosts (he used to have a gsxr 1k also and is 100x better now that he ditched it.) and i love the f41, circles arent neaaar as inconsistent with an f4i, engine break combos are also possible. on my gsxr 1, 2 down 13 up 1st gear combos are a death sentance.. better make sure your throttle control is up to par!!

kyle, saw u in a few vids lately.. killin it bro. did you loop out a seat stander in street session?? edub n i watched it last night..

glad to see im not the only moron who bought a gsxr 1000k to stunt haha

kane
Old 10-19-2004, 09:32 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
AMEN TO THAT!!!! the gsxr 1000 is just a too much of a fukin beast for the **** im tryin to do on it! i cant wait to get an f4i! I hoped on manny from outermosts (he used to have a gsxr 1k also and is 100x better now that he ditched it.) and i love the f41, circles arent neaaar as inconsistent with an f4i, engine break combos are also possible. on my gsxr 1, 2 down 13 up 1st gear combos are a death sentance.. better make sure your throttle control is up to par!!

kyle, saw u in a few vids lately.. killin it bro. did you loop out a seat stander in street session?? edub n i watched it last night..

kane
oweee likin the new avi....i'm trying the scrapes shahin style so far just a couple tap tapy's but tomorow's another day.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone

kane

Thanks, not exactly killing it but beating it up a bit maybe. Been down for a bit with a broken foot.

The wreck was Jayson from the Shockers. First wheelie of the day. 2nd gear, should have been in first, idle up instead of off. Came back too far and just kept coming. He was only rollin about 30 so no biggie.

Yup, keep the 1000 for the highway, F4i for everything else!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:23 PM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: high chair scrapes

How long did it take you guys with handbrakes to get use to using them to where you could ride confident slow hc's, seat standers or spreaders with it?
Old 10-20-2004, 05:14 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

Originally Posted by GsxrMike
How long did it take you guys with handbrakes to get use to using them to where you could ride confident slow hc's, seat standers or spreaders with it?
I have a handbrake, but I haven't tried it for anything other than slow seatstanders (on the idle). I scraped the seat standers and spreaders using engine braking. I'm gonna try out the handbrake for those this week. I will tell you this, it was hard for me to get used to it at first.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

about a weeks worth of practice or so.. if youve ever wheelied a pocket bike it kinda gives you an idea of how to use the handbrake, plus if your really good at going on idle with the foot then for me it was pretty easy to change to the hand.. as far as using it to scrape thats easier then using it to go off idle...

you can scrape feetover the first time u use a handbrake.. not hard. just scary!!

kane
Old 10-20-2004, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the 411 guys, I'm going to rig me a brake up soon as I get some money...
Old 10-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

clutch out of them, u dont need handbrake for ne of that ****...

get a handbrake to rock **** like darius, mark from MPZ, emrock, and the many other sick people who r doing crazy **** wit them....
other than that...learn everything, all of those guys, basically did everything u could, without a handbrake, then stepped it up with a handbrake to do even more sick ****...

use a HB for the right reasons..
just my .02
Old 10-20-2004, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by AdrenalneJnky

get a handbrake to rock **** like darius, mark from MPZ, emrock, and the many other sick people who r doing crazy **** wit them....
other than that...learn everything, all of those guys, basically did everything u could, without a handbrake, then stepped it up with a handbrake to do even more sick ****...
Explain to me how to clutch out of hc/spreader scrapes. Also I think I would be scared to just clutch up 1st haulin a$$ and just throttle back to the bar. Seems like a recipe for diasater. I dont really care much on scrapin hc/spreaders or standers, I just want to be able to roll all that sh*t really slow without scrapin. What do you think?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

Clutching out of them isn't hard at all...just scary to try it for the first time. If you go fast enough,it's nice and smooth. You run into problems when you go too slow, as dumb as that sounds. I have only clutched out of spreaders and seat standers thus far, but now I feel confident enough to do it in the highchair position. If you scroll up, the posts from Brandon, Teach and others is very helpful. It took me about 2 tries to clutch out of a seat stander, and another 3 tries for the spreader. Just do it! It's fun as hell, and after you scrape it, you'll go home happy.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:14 AM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by standy
Clutching out of them isn't hard at all...just scary to try it for the first time. If you go fast enough,it's nice and smooth. You run into problems when you go too slow, as dumb as that sounds. I have only clutched out of spreaders and seat standers thus far, but now I feel confident enough to do it in the highchair position. If you scroll up, the posts from Brandon, Teach and others is very helpful. It took me about 2 tries to clutch out of a seat stander, and another 3 tries for the spreader. Just do it! It's fun as hell, and after you scrape it, you'll go home happy.
i wanna start scrapin and clutchin outta **** but i have to buy gearing first (r6 -2, stock) dont really wanna learn to scrape spreader/hc at 50. looks like it mite hafta wait til spring or if atleast til i unload my plastics and englarge my ***** slightly
Old 10-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

Explain to me how to clutch out of hc/spreader scrapes. Also I think I would be scared to just clutch up 1st haulin a$$ and just throttle back to the bar. Seems like a recipe for diasater. I dont really care much on scrapin hc/spreaders or standers, I just want to be able to roll all that sh*t really slow without scrapin. What do you think?
i mean without a handbrake, u def need some gearing, to get that engine brake up...

i have 2 down 10 up on f4i...

i cmoe over about 20-25 mph prob in first gear

i scraped highchair with 2 down 5 up, and was hauling ***, and still barely came down, thats y i added the 5 teeth to the rear...

throttle it to the bar, pull clutch in, let rpms drop down, let clutch out, and shell come down for u, to ride it out, u get back on gas asap, and u could scrape numerous times, before actually setting front wheel down...

its all *****, its not a tough trick at all
its more for the fun of it, becuase its one of those tricks, alot of people just wont do because scared to get *ucked up, but doesnt take alot of skill to scrape out of fast ****..
still my favorite **** though

goodluck
ulll get it fast, just do it

get er done
Old 10-21-2004, 04:02 AM

i mean without a handbrake, u def need some gearing, to get that engine brake up...

i have 2 down 10 up on f4i...

i cmoe over about 20-25 mph prob in first gear

i scraped highchair with 2 down 5 up, and was hauling ***, and still barely came down, thats y i added the 5 teeth to the rear...

throttle it to the bar, pull clutch in, let rpms drop down, let clutch out, and shell come down for u, to ride it out, u get back on gas asap, and u could scrape numerous times, before actually setting front wheel down...

its all *****, its not a tough trick at all
its more for the fun of it, becuase its one of those tricks, alot of people just wont do because scared to get *ucked up, but doesnt take alot of skill to scrape out of fast ****..
still my favorite **** though

goodluck
ulll get it fast, just do it

get er done
I have +14 on my rear sprocket. So pull clutch in, let rpms fall and let it back out with no throttle right?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:11 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I do it slightly different than AdrenalneJnky. First, I turn the idle so low that the bike wont run without any throttle. That helps ALOT, lets you clutch out at a lower speed. Other thing i do differently is pull the clutch in just as im passing balance point. Same spot as if you were going for a coaster. I think that throttling all the way to the bar makes you loose speed, and you want speed for this.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by MikeM
I do it slightly different than AdrenalneJnky. First, I turn the idle so low that the bike wont run without any throttle. That helps ALOT, lets you clutch out at a lower speed. Other thing i do differently is pull the clutch in just as im passing balance point. Same spot as if you were going for a coaster. I think that throttling all the way to the bar makes you loose speed, and you want speed for this.
so u just kinda coast to the bar? youre sh*t never hits sideways and fu(k up? and are you saying that u set your idle to where it cuts off if you let go of the throttle?
Old 10-23-2004, 04:20 AM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Squirrel_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

get a handbrake to rock **** like darius, mark from MPZ, emrock, and the

just my .02
ADD MANNY to that list !!! you guys have no idea tell you see it!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:08 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

so u just kinda coast to the bar? youre sh*t never hits sideways and fu(k up? and are you saying that u set your idle to where it cuts off if you let go of the throttle?

Yes, it always comes down straight because your not going slow. I heard about that technique from Rodg so you know its good.