high chair scrapes

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:52 PM

Shahin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: high chair scrapes

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
shahin is nice, rocks a handbreak.

watched bob imr do it on -2+10 on a RR

get the rpms up so you have engine braking....
I do but not on hc scrapes, can't ride em in idle with the handbrake

link works now
Old 10-14-2004, 11:56 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shahin
I do but not on hc scrapes, can't ride em in idle with the handbrake

link works now
that was an engine brake scrape? cuz that was sick
Old 10-15-2004, 11:18 AM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

just checked the link...that was . Thanks for putting it up. I've been getting rained out every night, so I'm hoping for sunday.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been thinking of trying this too on the 929 -1 +8. Wouldn't it be easier to try it on a seatstander first? Just seems to make more sense. I was thinking about scraping at the middle to top of first gear. seems like it will work. Someone let me know before I trash the bike
Old 10-15-2004, 12:45 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

scraping seat standers is pretty easy...go for it. As long as it doesn't twist when you hit the bar, all is good. I don't know if it was the right way to learn, but I parked them from almost a dead stop at first to minimize the possible carnage. I hit them a little faster now, but I still get nervous about going fast and scraping them.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by standy
scraping seat standers is pretty easy...go for it. As long as it doesn't twist when you hit the bar, all is good. I don't know if it was the right way to learn, but I parked them from almost a dead stop at first to minimize the possible carnage. I hit them a little faster now, but I still get nervous about going fast and scraping them.
Yeah I've been parking them slow... just haven't built up the nerve to hit it going fast. Is a seat stander scrape less stable than say ...a spreader scrape when your going fast?? Seems like they may be all about the same since your only scrapin for a second or so before you let off the clutch to bring it back off the bar..Guess the only way to find out is trying it. I'll set my idle down at about 500rpms. I'll film it ...F*** it I guess
Old 10-15-2004, 03:46 PM

The best technique for doing a seat stander 12 is lean back with your arms fully extended, don't hug the bike. It'll def. help with balance.
Goes for both spreader and high chair as well. Also don't rush to get out of the scrape, land on it smooth, feel your balance, let the RPM drop and just so long your not doing excess of 20 mph, pop the clutch as fast as you can and you'll be out and riding it clean. All 1st gear.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:13 PM

econley21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just straight shut the idle off, roll up at about 15mph or less pull the clutch so the bar drops and the engine rpms go way down, then snap out the clutch and hit the gas. I recomend tightening your cluth so it disengages completly and the rpms can drop fast. Don't rush letting the clutch back out cause the engine will still be reving and it won't bring you back down. You really don't need to go that fast if you get the engine to shut down.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:35 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

one other thing I forgot to ask. I made my own bar a couple years ago, and it has served me well, but I'm wondering how wide everyone's is. Mine is a bit narrower than a F.I. bar (about 9.5"), and it sits about 2" off the back of the subframe. Is this gonna cause any problems when I hit it in the spreader/highchair position? I'm just nervous that I'm gonna get the side to side wobble.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:59 PM

If your bike sits anywhere beyond 12 it's a little different. I tried it once and didn't like that ****. The wider the easier in most cases, that clip is on a Freestyle Ingenuity bar.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:24 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

Originally Posted by Shahin
If your bike sits anywhere beyond 12 it's a little different. I tried it once and didn't like that ****. The wider the easier in most cases, that clip is on a Freestyle Ingenuity bar.
I guess I'm gonna have to bust out the welder tonight.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:36 PM

Dutch boy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also going to try the highchair scrape this sunday
I almost hit the bar a couple of times when i slowed my high chair down..
(lower the speed) I use a handbrake.. I just need the little push.. like F*** it just do it.. but what is the best speed to hit it? First gear low RPM middle or higher in the RPM's ? (I don't have a Speedo..
Old 10-15-2004, 08:33 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dutch boy
I'm also going to try the highchair scrape this sunday
I almost hit the bar a couple of times when i slowed my high chair down..
(lower the speed) I use a handbrake.. I just need the little push.. like F*** it just do it.. but what is the best speed to hit it? First gear low RPM middle or higher in the RPM's ? (I don't have a Speedo..
im at this same point anyone got advice for handfake?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

with a handbrake, u dont have to worry about clutching out of it so...

i would still come in with some speed though, to use that engine brake u do have

et way up there...come over to bar, just keep ur finger on ur handbrake, and pinch it after hitting the bar,u can worry about dragging it and **** lata
Old 10-18-2004, 01:28 AM
LAWN JOCKEY

I finally got some decent weather (for Detroit in mid October, lol). Hinks and I went out today and basically said fu(k it. I tried riding out of seat stander scrapes first so I could get a feel for being on the bar at speed. I followed everyones advice, and they went pretty well. I moved to the tank, parked a couple going slow, and then went for it. My first one was sucessful, so I am a happy man. I crashed 2 of them when I wasn't going fast enough (too long on the bar, not enough engine brake)...so now I know what it must feel like to be thrown from a moving car . All in all, it went well.....Thanks to everyone for the help! High chairs are later this week. I figure if I can do it in 10-20mph wind, next time will be even better. My advice to anyone who wants to try it: just do it, and don't second guess the situation mid wheelie. Thanks again!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:59 AM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
shahin is nice, rocks a handbreak.

watched bob imr do it on -2+10 on a RR

get the rpms up so you have engine braking....

i dunno if its taboo, but dont you need a handbreak to do HC scrapes? how elsedo you get out of it? only other way i can see is revving it whiel teh scrape and letting go making teh engine "brale" for you.... just curous
Old 10-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

ive been doin crossover scrapes pretty consistent for about a month now... fukin scary i luv em. i use a hand brake, basically what im doin on my 02 gsxr 1000 (2 down 13 up) i turn the idle up just a tad (not enough to rock no throttle or anything just some to smooth the twitchy ness. i snap it up as high as i can off clutch, flip my fingers to the handbrake, stablize the bike then just gas it to the bar, once i feel it scrape i slowly let off the gas and give the handbrake a squeeze.. ive learned that the higher the rpm u gotta make sure not to chop the throttle and mash on the handbrake the engine break combined with handbrake can throw u off the bar stupid fast... and with the slightly higher idle u gotta make sure not to go too slow...

ive been wanting to try it shahin style (not using the handbrake) just high rpm ands popin the clutch out. but thats wacky,... been practicing seat stander and regular *** standups like that and it comes off the bar eaassssy and smooth. but no brake means going to the bar is a pretty hard hit. i havent got that engine break **** on lock yet...

i watched shahin rock some sick *** HC scrapes at motorfest like 2 months ago. i could watch that playback 100x. kid just massshes that bar hard as hell... soo nasty.

kane
Old 10-18-2004, 04:07 PM

Dutch boy is an unknown quantity at this point

My seat stander scrapes went well..
also duo step scrape only they have the intention to clap in.. (sorry for my english)
Today i went for the highchair scrape..

First second until the fifth went well.. the last one i crashed
the FI cage bented and cracked the clutch cover..the bike slides against a lamp-post.. The FI cage have saved My engine..

But it was awesome i'm going to fix my bike tomorrow and go for it again.. I want them un lock.. They feel great.. :YEAH
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
ive been wanting to try it shahin style (not using the handbrake) just high rpm ands popin the clutch out. but thats wacky,... been practicing seat stander and regular *** standups like that and it comes off the bar eaassssy and smooth. but no brake means going to the bar is a pretty hard hit. i havent got that engine break **** on lock yet...

i watched shahin rock some sick *** HC scrapes at motorfest like 2 months ago. i could watch that playback 100x. kid just massshes that bar hard as hell... soo nasty.

kane
F4i and 1000 are completely different balllgame when it comes to throttle control and engine brake. F4i is 10x better for both. I'm so sick of my bike for everything but fast ****. I can't wait to get an F4i, so much better of a stuntbike.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:02 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
ive been doin crossover scrapes pretty consistent for about a month now... fukin scary i luv em. i use a hand brake, basically what im doin on my 02 gsxr 1000 (2 down 13 up) i turn the idle up just a tad (not enough to rock no throttle or anything just some to smooth the twitchy ness. i snap it up as high as i can off clutch, flip my fingers to the handbrake, stablize the bike then just gas it to the bar, once i feel it scrape i slowly let off the gas and give the handbrake a squeeze.. ive learned that the higher the rpm u gotta make sure not to chop the throttle and mash on the handbrake the engine break combined with handbrake can throw u off the bar stupid fast... and with the slightly higher idle u gotta make sure not to go too slow...

kane
when did you start hittin em' on the 3rd at autofest you said your handfake has never worked and you have never done any kind of scape's ( seat stander,spreader,h\c ect.)just wondering.

Quick Reply: high chair scrapes