Damn!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 07:50 PM

spike_x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn!

My transmission locked up on me today. i cant shift the bitch out of second. anyone had this problem? how do i fix it? do i have to replace the whole thing?
Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Damn!

Have you had any problems with your tranny before? Jumping out of gear, noises, etc? If not, I bet the shift drum bolt just backed out. That happened alot on the 01 600s. Pull the clutch basket and check. I betcha thats what happened. Lock tite it and torque it back down and you should be good.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:34 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

hit the shifter with a sledgehammer...

Actually I wouldn't do that
Old 10-07-2004, 11:28 PM

spike_x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lb3
Have you had any problems with your tranny before? Jumping out of gear, noises, etc? If not, I bet the shift drum bolt just backed out. That happened alot on the 01 600s. Pull the clutch basket and check. I betcha thats what happened. Lock tite it and torque it back down and you should be good.
occasionally, and i mean extremely rarely, i'll be shifting from fifth into sixth and somehow i get neutral. thats the only problem i've had with it. the shifter is getting stuck is what it feels like. if i try to kick it down to first, the shifter moves all the way down but doesnt come back up. same thing if i try to go up in gears also. i took it around the block after i posted this and i was able to get it into third, now i cant get it back down to second.