this stand up crap aint workin....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 05:47 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person
this stand up crap aint workin....

ok ive got the whole clutchin it up thing down i can do sit downs for pretty much as long as the gears will allow me, but, im tryin to do stand ups and it aint workin. every time i do it the bike rolls one way or the other. i know read the top thread but i would like to hear about your experiances and how you got over them.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:57 PM

spike_x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: this stand up crap aint workin....

yeah, any advice for steering wheelies? i also read the sticky at the top and for some reason i just cant get it down. i also end up popping it up and hoping to god that i go straight.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point

Just keep on practicing man, It will come to you. Yeah it's scary as hell at first but just keep on keepin on. As far as steering i don't have much luck with that either, sometimes i can get it to go where i want but not always.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:19 PM

speedkills is an unknown quantity at this point

i know a secret...............its called practice! lol i was the same you were until one day i just said that i wasnt going to leave my spot untill i can ride stand ups. it will just click just practice it dude im sure its gonna be easier for you with your bike compared to my 7 but defently put your left foot on the pass peg. it will just become smooth with practice
Old 10-06-2004, 08:30 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

timeBOMB can only hope to improve

make sure your damn forks are adjusted properly and same.. buddy had hell of a time standups was always bouncing nothing but straight we.. locked in his fork adjusters to be the same and damn he does nothing but straight ones now..
Old 10-06-2004, 08:36 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

if yer pulling to the right or left might have either to much tire pressure so lower it a little also might be throwing more weight on one of your pegs, try to even out the weight and to steer put more pressure on the peg in the direction you want to go, hope it helps some
Old 10-06-2004, 08:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

dont pull on the bars at all as it comes up, let the bike do the work. i used to have that problem all the time. i run 18 lbs in my back tire at all times and 24 in the front. as for steering the wheelies, its easiest if your at the balance point, you just turn the bars the oppisite way you want the bike to go and it shifts your weight over automaticly, turn the bars to the right, your body weight and shoulders shift and the bike steers to the left. turn your bars to the left, your shoulder and body weight shift to the right and your bike steers right. just make shure your covering your back brake and once you get the bike where you want it straighten out the bars and it will stop steering. works for me.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:58 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 02 R6 and started bouncing standups. I would roll about 45mph and roll on the throttle when the front would start coming up after the bounce. I now clutch up standups and let me tell ya, it's alot smoother!!! the front comes up ALOT smoother and controlable<--is that a word? I now roll slower(about 25mph), slip the clutch and stay steady on the throttle. the front comes up nice and high and there's a steady 'wining' from the engine. I had some bad wobbles because of low tire pressure, I actually almost lost it when the bike tilted to thte right, hit the brake and shi7 came slammin down hard. Bent my front rim put some air in and it wobbled alot less. Now if I can do this shi7 in 1st at about 5mph I'd be 'golden' Just get a steady roll, not trying to hold your balance, and be smooth on the clutch/throttle, stay on the throttle. And like they said, don't pull on the bars, let the bike just come up by itself. And stay on that back brake!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Practice, practice, practice....

and TimeBomb's avitat is mezmerizing... I'm getting sleepy, very sleeeeepy
Old 10-06-2004, 10:54 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i learned sitdowns first then all i did was stand up and i realized i could ride em twice as long then you get the brake and go all day
Old 10-06-2004, 11:07 PM

spike_x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timeBOMB
make sure your damn forks are adjusted properly and same.. buddy had hell of a time standups was always bouncing nothing but straight we.. locked in his fork adjusters to be the same and damn he does nothing but straight ones now..
i dont see how thats gonna make any difference. the forks are up in the air anyway?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:09 PM

R6-Rider07 is an unknown quantity at this point

when you get it up..to the height that u feel cumfy at(if your cumfy atthe BP..LOL)...when you wanna steer it..lean with your body to the side that u wanna drift to..u gatta lean the bike with your body.~Brandon
Old 10-06-2004, 11:16 PM
BOOBS

when i put my foot on the pass peg it seems like the bike wants to roll to the right. thats a lil scary. but from what im gettin you guys are saying im a whinny lil douche bag that needs to practice. am i right?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:38 AM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by damnmotorcycles
when i put my foot on the pass peg it seems like the bike wants to roll to the right. thats a lil scary. but from what im gettin you guys are saying im a whinny lil douche bag that needs to practice. am i right?
naw, just letting you know most of us had the same problems when we started learning...im no pro, but ill help you if i can.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:41 AM
BOOBS

Originally Posted by bill parr
naw, just letting you know most of us had the same problems when we started learning...im no pro, but ill help you if i can.

thanks i would just like to add that i got one up today on the way to work and it was so unstable rear tire pressure is at about 22psi. but i am determined to do this. :YEAH
Old 10-07-2004, 11:47 AM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

lower the pressure a tad more
Old 10-07-2004, 03:30 PM

sheetone is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting little note...my buddies standups were always drifting to his left...well, this happened to be around the same time when he was learning circle burnouts and could only do them in one direction...do the math on that one
Old 10-07-2004, 04:07 PM

R6-Rider07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I run 35 psi..my stand ups are fine..you dont HAVE to go that low..yea it is better..but..over time you may kno..it eats away at ur tire more with such low pressure. If its leaning one way,try to lean opposite and it will slowly even itself out, you wont get it right from the start, but over time you will and you'll deffin. be ridin em out for miles..(get to the POINT)

By the way..DamnMotorcycles..wanna ship one of those R1's to Jersey?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:14 PM

litreblade is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timeBOMB

your avatar is hooooooottttt!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:52 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by damnmotorcycles
thanks i would just like to add that i got one up today on the way to work and it was so unstable rear tire pressure is at about 22psi. but i am determined to do this. :YEAH
hey bro, hit me up. ill show you how to get that bitch in the air. i get my motor tomorrow so i should have it in my bike by next week. if i got free time ill roll down there, if you got time, roll up here and i can show you in a min.

Quick Reply: this stand up crap aint workin....