Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:17 PM

DarkMemory is an unknown quantity at this point
can you stunt a katana?? no flaming plz

just opinions,that dont include "sell it"
Old 09-29-2004, 07:41 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: can you stunt a katana?? no flaming plz

u can stunt anything with a clutch, just takes a lil more practice...
o and im assuming ur talkin about slow stuff???
Old 09-29-2004, 08:09 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

**** slow stuff rock 2nd gear wheelies on the highway :YEAH
who wants to ride a sprocket rocket that tops out at 50 mph?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:28 PM

justinplough is an unknown quantity at this point

i watched that wink1100 video a while back, you know the one where all he talks about is yo wheelies is ga' bage, and there was a kid in there 12ing a katana like most of the sick riders you see today. im pretty sure that it was cuz they had a lil deal about it and what not. if someone knows differently please correct me. hope that helps.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:31 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doodle13245
**** slow stuff
who wants to ride a sprocket rocket that tops out at 50 mph?
i do
dont hate just cause you cant go slow
Old 09-30-2004, 12:41 AM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey man, I've been wheelying the crap out of my 01 katana 600 since early May. It takes a while but once you learn it it's not too hard.
First of all, it's not going to engine wheelie, and even if it could it's not worth the time to learn them instead of clutching, SO, you need to learn to clutch it up.

I don't have balance point wheelies down yet, I've hit BP a couple times but I haven't been able to keep it there, but I can consistently ride them out to the rev limitor.

The can-o-tuna comes up a lot easier if you standing up vs sitting down. Feels kinda weird at first (understatement) but it makes it a lot easier. I've been clutching up sitting down lately and then standing up as the front rises, I don't know if this helps or not though.

So if you're going to learn clutch you can start out with sit downs or standups, if you're going to do standups stand with your right foot on the front right peg covering the brake and with your left foot on the left passenger peg, also stick your but out over the back seat a little to move your weight farther to the back. For sit downs you'll want to scoot all the way to the back of your seat, so that your but is right on the little dip part before the passenger seat, make sure you keep your arms straight out and stiff, you don't want to go into a speed tuck as it comes up.

For sit downs I bring it up to about 4500k RPM's and then drop the clutch around 7-7.5. The Kat's peak torque is at about 6500 or so so dropping the clutch right here seems to bring it up quicker than near redline.
Right before you pull in the clutch you want to be accelerating a little bit, then when you pull it in (usually with two fingers) bring it to around 3/4 throttle and drop it.
A HUGE part of getting it to come up is making sure that you don't back off of the throttle right as/after you drop the clutch. Otherwise the bike will just sort of hot a little and then engine brake. You have to be rolling on the throttle or already on the throttle when the clutch is engaging.

You may find that the tire is spinning on you when you try to clutch it up. It helps a TON to ride aorund for 10-15 minutes to warm up the tires and get them nice and grippy. If I try to clutch up on cold tires they just spin and spin and I go no where fast.
The key is just to practice, over and over and over until you start to get it figured out, then practice some more. The bike WILL come up, don't listen to what some people will tell you, it DOES have the power to and if you're having a hard time, it's not the bike. It's deffinitely harder to bring up than a gixxer or a cbr, but 1st gear will come right up to balance point if you know how.

And just remember, if you can learn to stunt a katana you can stunt anything.
And do your skin a favor, alway wear you gear, sweat washes off, road rash doesn't.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:04 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

im not hating,and no i cant really do slow stuff but im learning..... on stock gearing ma-fu(ka
Old 09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doodle13245
im not hating,and no i cant really do slow stuff but im learning..... on stock gearing ma-fu(ka
its not any harder on stock sprockets just beats the sh*t out of your motor and clutch ma-fu(ka
Old 09-30-2004, 02:19 PM

dan gates can only hope to improve

you Can Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 06:39 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

get errrrr done. :YEAH
Old 10-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can be done. your biggest problem will be wheel spin. so a good sticky tire will be crucial in getting it to come up. Just try to get as much of your weight as far back as possible. also check out the sticky @ the top of this forum.