shi7 is pissing me off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 11:46 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question shi7 is pissing me off!!!

I'm rollin 75ft. stoppies now but the bike starts to kick to the right so I have to put it down. I'm coming in from 350ft., wack it and once I hit the 75ft. mark it's like there's an invisible wall and I can't pass it!!! how do you guys steer it so it stays straight? how did some of you start? feed back guys...thanks
Old 09-25-2004, 11:48 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: shi7 is pissing me off!!!

The only way to steer is to be at balance point. If you're too low the bike is always going to want to kick one way or another..
Old 09-26-2004, 12:04 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

how the **** do you balance a stoppie..and how do you know if your balanced out or not?
Old 09-26-2004, 12:12 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by doodle13245
how the **** do you balance a stoppie..and how do you know if your balanced out or not?
You'll be so high that you'll be off the brake for the most part and just floating
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 AM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

I just started rolling them a little farther, and I know what Nags is saying. I had the same problem, but once I got them up higher, I went straight. I went from about 50ft. to over 300 ft. in about a week. For me, it was all about getting comfortable getting them up higher. Once you get the feel for it, you'll get addicted.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:11 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

I put it like this:
Lets say you had a 12 foot long 2x4.
Your standing and one end of the 2x4 is on the ground between your feet.
In one case you have the 2x4 at a....lets say 20-30 degree angle from the ground. Imagin how hard it would be to pivot the 2x4 from left to right.
In case 2 you have the 2x4 just short of straight up and down. Real easy to pivot it left to right.
Make sence??
Old 09-27-2004, 01:13 AM
I Love To Post!

One other point demonstrated on NAGS's avitar. Look forward. Not at the ground.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:54 AM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: shi7 is pissing me off!!!

good info fellas, gotta go practise and get these bad boyz rollin :YEAH
I'm comin in from 300', should I be further away or it doesn't matter? also, should I be 'pumping' the brake lightly before I actually get it up or do you guys just roll and then whack the brake right before you bring it up? don't wanna get the 'skids' and watch my shi7 slide down the road...again

l8r
Old 09-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I Love To Post!

The method I use is just compress the forks smothly then go ahead and rip it up. Remember the forks should be compressed before the above mentioned ripping goes on. One more trick. Set a marker up. Bring your stoppies up at the marker. Helps when you try to bump the speed up to have a spot that your gonna have your stoppie up at.