How do you land endos?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 08:24 PM

Sox4evA is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you land endos?

I mean, other than letting go of the brake, and letting the thing SLAM to the ground?
Putting the FRONT wheel down gently I understand & am getting better at; let off some throttle but get back on it as its coming down. Can ya do this with the back tire somehow, or is the only option to bodyslam your rear back onto pavement, and cringe as you listen to your shock/forks/swingarm pivot/god knows what else/ smack bottom?
Old 09-23-2004, 09:09 PM

tuhy979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do you land endos?

Rather than completely letting off your brake when you're to put it down, let off the brake extremely slowly, when you feel it start to fall, grip your brake a little more again and it will fall slower. Also, you can push on your back brake as you're dropping and this will reduce chain slap cause it locks up your rear wheel. Just practice with brake control.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

yeah i found out today easing off the brake makes it land much easier..but my question is how do the keep the bikes rear from going to one side while coming down from a stoppie? a few times it felt like it was gonna highside me off when it landed. BTW todays the first day i was really rolling stoppies out so i guess i should practice more but the longer the roll them the more the bike whips to the left or right
Old 09-23-2004, 10:11 PM

Sithor is an unknown quantity at this point

I just let them slam down, but now that I think about it, it would be better to let it down slower. These are some good tips.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:23 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I don't do endos they're too dangerous
Old 09-23-2004, 11:30 PM

I know this sounds like common sense, but you have to make sure your body is totally centered. It helps to keep your body centered if you ease your body forward when starting an endo. I used to have a problem because I would throw my weight forward and that would make my body off center. Steering dampers also help.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by tuhy979
I know this sounds like common sense, but you have to make sure your body is totally centered. It helps to keep your body centered if you ease your body forward when starting an endo. I used to have a problem because I would throw my weight forward and that would make my body off center. Steering dampers also help.

Hmmm... I DO kinda throw my body weight forward as I squeeze the brake that last 1/3, and my stops are def. off balance.. I'll try to remember to ease forward rather than jump forward, and also (try to) stay centered, while I'm working on letting the back down easier... What does a steering damper do, though? I thought they were for when the front gets light, i.e. hard accelerating, wheelies, etc...
Also, how does the back brake have anything to do with setting it down smoother? Wouldnt that only slow the wheelspin so that it chirps and squirms around when it sets down?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:22 AM

I do sort of center my weight but with my right clip on being bent down and in makes it much harder.but today was the first time i really rolled them..i should have stopped but when i had the rear end high one the front wheel and rolling about 15mph for the first time i felt like the biggest
but after almost flipping and locking the tire up a few times it hit me i was trying too hard haha..i just need to keep practicing i guess..also how hard is it on the rear end coming down? it makes an awful sound when it lands..maybe i should tighten my chain i can hear it when i land. oh and do i keep the bike in gear or put my bike in N? i was doing them in 1st gear around my streets and 3rd gear on the service road :YEAH
Old 09-24-2004, 01:30 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
Im with FHL on this one lol, my "stoppies" if i can even call them that, always result in me damn near layin the bike down because i come down all crooked and unbalanced... i blow at stoppies
Old 09-24-2004, 01:38 AM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Im with FHL on this one lol, my "stoppies" if i can even call them that, always result in me damn near layin the bike down because i come down all crooked and unbalanced... i blow at stoppies
yeah i tried my first stoppie.. yup.. i dropped the bike.. but thats cause i didn't know what to expect.. haha.. and i'm short .. and couldn't touch the ground.. hahahahaha.. man it was funny.. cause I got up and tried it again.. and.. sure enough.. dropped it on the other side.. on my new cherry R6.. haha.. thats the way you gotta learn though right?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:01 AM

yeah..it sucks on my bike it weights like 565 pounds..sux when all that wants to go to one side..do you have a cage or sliders on your R6?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:35 AM

ranchosmog is an unknown quantity at this point

i could tell you the way id like to land them 180degrees can sombody break it down for me
Old 09-24-2004, 03:25 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

wait till you flip your first high speed distance rollie, did that for the first time this year. that sucks ***, all i can say is tuck and roll.... as for letting them down soft, same way you put them up but in reverse, just ease off the brake as you slow down. once you start rolling them high you wont be using that much brake to keep them up there anyways, im no pro at this but this is what the pro's have told me and they are right.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:58 PM

First of all you can tighten up a steering damper all the way and it keeps the back end from moving around when you're on your front wheel. You use your back brake to create tension on your chain so it doesn't slap when you put it down. It doesn't help you put them down smoother I was just referring to the question about how it sounds horrible when the bike falls. If you want to learn how to do 180's you better start by trying to just steer a long rolling endo. Be f-ckin careful though cause if you don't know what you're doin you'll get headshake and eat **** hard. 180's aren't as easy as they look. they look **** though.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:09 PM

Whats all this about 180s? Dont even know what it is... I'm not too sure I want to try STEERING my stops, either... that sounds a bit hairy...
Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by FHL

come on now..........give it some time.