installed cage...vibrating my butt off

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 08:12 PM

threekidss is an unknown quantity at this point
installed cage...vibrating my butt off

heya,
just installed my new cage this week and I have developed a helova vibration.....tank seat even footpegs......will putting rubber at the mounting points help?, I am planning on wrapping rubber around the tank flange of the frame but is this normal......i assume that it is since both sides are firmly connected the vibration has to go somewhere......any feedback will help.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:05 AM

nattydreadlox is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: installed cage...vibrating my butt off

i get an irritating buzz at 6000-6300 rpms with my 905 cage.

what can we do?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

its not bolted up right is what i would suspect. make sure the bolt that connects the 2 sides is tight, thats normally the first one to get loose.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:23 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

make sure your bolts are TIGHT, I had the same thing when I installed my cage, thightned it and it was gone.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

check the cross bar that runs between the headers, ive had to re-weld that bitch 4 times so far, 905 cage is real nice but the welds dont hold up....
Old 09-24-2004, 05:16 PM

thanks to all you gents.......checked it out and apparently the bolt cross threaded or was too short on the right side and poped out...includidng the threads....I also lost the spacer between the engine and the tab.......going to get a tap and longer bolt now.....
mark
Old 09-24-2004, 11:59 PM

jmurrayR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a 905 cage for my R6. installed it and put a rubber mount on every bolt. It still vibrated like crazy. my would be to sell it and buy a frame slider. O buy the way im selling mine because of this its cromed any takers no really anytakers doesnt vibrated you at all really
Old 09-25-2004, 12:22 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jmurrayR6
I bought a 905 cage for my R6. installed it and put a rubber mount on every bolt. It still vibrated like crazy. my would be to sell it and buy a frame slider. O buy the way im selling mine because of this its cromed any takers no really anytakers doesnt vibrated you at all really
Yea, buy frame sliders cause they don't work 1/2 as good. Oh wait, your cage is ****ING CHROMED, no wonder you think they are just as good...
Old 09-25-2004, 02:47 AM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by inolen
Yea, buy frame sliders cause they don't work 1/2 as good. Oh wait, your cage is ****ING CHROMED, no wonder you think they are just as good...
bahaha chrome
Old 09-25-2004, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by threekidss
thanks to all you gents.......checked it out and apparently the bolt cross threaded or was too short on the right side and poped out...includidng the threads....I also lost the spacer between the engine and the tab.......going to get a tap and longer bolt now.....
mark
alright.....fabed a new spacer bought a tap and long extension and retapped the engine mount, installed new spacer, retightened all bolts....removed tank and reinforced all mounts with extra rubber was very very proud of myself for taking the time to do it right......started the bike and no diff...........so it feels the same with all the motor mounts or missing one.....this is crap eddy!!!!!
any more hints or just grab the hammer?
mark
Old 09-25-2004, 11:25 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

If it just shakes a certain RPM range (like 6-8 grand) it's probably some sortof harmonic vibration... My r6 did it at the long bar running through the center of the bike. If you really stunt, you won't give a ****...
Old 09-25-2004, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by inolen
If it just shakes a certain RPM range (like 6-8 grand) it's probably some sortof harmonic vibration... My r6 did it at the long bar running through the center of the bike. If you really stunt, you won't give a ****...
yeah thanks.........when you start taking care of your own stuff and buying it you will give a s**t.......
thanks again
Old 09-25-2004, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by threekidss
heya,
just installed my new cage this week and I have developed a helova vibration.....tank seat even footpegs......will putting rubber at the mounting points help?, I am planning on wrapping rubber around the tank flange of the frame but is this normal......i assume that it is since both sides are firmly connected the vibration has to go somewhere......any feedback will help.
ok found it I think.......was out all day today.....it was great.......got a speed exabithion ticket with wheelie in paranthasis.....that will cost a hundred.....got kicked out of 2 spots, both by nice officers......and then found a great spot that I got to rock alone for about 5 hours, no problems........got first slowing down, skitching started and canget into high chair position and ride comfertably......my back and arms hurt......had a great day...oh my horn fell out while riding a wheelie......but I figured out that my cross bar is tight up against my exhaust that is bolted firmly to my subframe.....I think when I bend it down it will go away......well hope everyones day was as nice as mine....back at it in the morning, if you are in delaware let me know and I will tell you where it is.....
mark
Old 09-26-2004, 01:24 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nattydreadlox
i get an irritating buzz at 6000-6300 rpms with my 905 cage.

what can we do?
sell it and buy a powers cage they dont vibrate