I just cant stand up. Someone give me a boost

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 11:17 PM

XChris1632X is an unknown quantity at this point
I just cant stand up. Someone give me a boost

alright it sucks a little bit because my bike is lowered and i think the clutch is slipping some but i can ride first gear sit downs till im out of gear. i can get it up in second but its hard. a lot of people said learn stand ups first. so before i get too good at sit downs i wanted to get some stand up time. its such an akward feeling. i tried some in first but i was really twitchy and came down hard and since my bike is lowered it bottomed out like crazy and sparks from my shiny new exhaust went everywhere. is it easier to learn in second. i havent tried but i wanna get comfterable with it. how should my riding stance be, should i put my left foot on the back peg. also i dont like the feeling of standing then pulling the bike up. should i just hover my *** off of the seat and come up with the bike. a little advice please. i

wanna raise my bike back up but im not sure the best way to do it because i dont want to put a jack underneath of it. plus i dont have money for a new dogbone in the back so it will be all wapjawwed.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:05 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve
Re: I just cant stand up. Someone give me a boost

put your left foot on the rear left peg..may seem weird at first but it makes it feel less like the bike is riding you and your riding it..just practice and take baby steps learning stand ups..their alot scaryier it comes up quicker and feels higher but when u learn they rock
Old 09-22-2004, 10:09 AM

Joes01R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

i went out lastnight night and practice for alittle bit. I agree learning standups in scary. I always think I am higher then I am , and once I get it up decent I let off the gas mad quick... O well keep practing
Old 09-22-2004, 11:27 AM

fixie1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I stand up on the front pegs. for some reason when I try to use the back pegs they always seem to want to fold up on me. As the bike comes up the pegs start to fold back on me. Scary as hell. Maybe its just the pegs on my R6, but I feel way more comfortable on the front.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:43 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

i am having the worst time learning stand ups. granted im a total idiot, but every time i stand on the back peg the bike wants to rotate from side to side. thats scary ****. i dont know what im doing wrong but i suck. if you figure it out let me know so i dont look like a retard having a seizure. good luck.
\cody
Old 09-22-2004, 09:42 PM

20blks is an unknown quantity at this point

Just relax and take your time. It comes up alot quicker with a foot on the back peg. Don''t let it scare you. Try and get used to it and ride it out a little. It's much easier to control that way.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:49 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Yeah I'm just learning too and I was practicing staggered today, they come up almost right to BP, I was having some trouble with keeping the bike straight, anyone have tips?
Old 09-23-2004, 12:19 AM

XChris1632X is an unknown quantity at this point

do you think a lot of my problem is the bike being lowered. will that throw it off, the only reason i havent raised the front up is because i havent got the dogleg for the back yet. although if the front is higher than the back that should mean some sick ******!!! but would it be uncontrolable