F3 eletrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 05:52 PM

evolrider is an unknown quantity at this point
F3 eletrical problems

Just bought it. Wont start, but will bump start. It bogs down when I rev it. And it will barely rev at all. The proevious owner says its a voltage regulator/rectifyer. Im not sure what it is. Any helpful hits or ways of finding the problem are greatly apreciated. Thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 06:09 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F3 eletrical problems

might be flooded?? does it turn over when u try to start it?? mine did that one day, i was just riding down the road and it died, wouldnt start... i had to pull over and just sit there and keep trying it till it started like an hour later.. no idea why it happened, and it only happened once... but if it just bogs when u rev, it might be flooded... check the choke too... F3 problems...
Old 09-14-2004, 08:19 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like carb problems to me too. Maybe it has some rust or trash in the carbs. Pull the spark plugs out and see what they look like. If they are black and soaking wet, then the carbs are probably flooding.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 PM

evolrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your guys's feed back it helps. Hummm, thats what everyone says its maybe the carbs. I think I will rip out the spark plugs. To see if there is any residue. I really dont think its the carbs though... I wont kick over by the starter for some reason. Not even a flicker. When bump started. I'll rev it its got alot of gas. It gets real rich, and bogs and nocks. I can see mad smoke comming out of the pipe. So Im kinda unsure... Any other ideas for my problem are always apreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2004, 09:38 PM

Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by evolrider
Just bought it. Wont start, but will bump start. It bogs down when I rev it. And it will barely rev at all. The proevious owner says its a voltage regulator/rectifyer. Im not sure what it is. Any helpful hits or ways of finding the problem are greatly apreciated. Thanks

Hey man my f3 is doing the same thing. What did you end doing to fix it?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2004, 11:31 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

could be multiple problems. battery sounds dead, which could be caused by the rectifier going bad. that's a common problem with the cbr 600's.

the not running right sounds like the carbs are dirty or clogged.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
could be multiple problems. battery sounds dead, which could be caused by the rectifier going bad. that's a common problem with the cbr 600's.

the not running right sounds like the carbs are dirty or clogged.
I've got another f3 at my parents house. I will get the rectifer off of it and try it. It was good until I wrecked it. The battery is brand new. I tried to jump it but it would only crank. I didn't check but I think it might not be sparking. Is can that be caused by the rectifer? Just to be sure is the rectifer on the right side at the very back of the bike if you were sitting on it.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:11 PM
back in the saddle again

if there is no spark that means the coils or maybe just one coil is bad.

if you tried to jump it and it didn't start, that means there is fouled plugs or soemthing wrong besides your ignition.....like no spart or the fuel mixture is off.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:43 PM

Thanks alot man :YEAH

I'll check it out
Old 09-26-2004, 04:46 PM

fudupf3 is an unknown quantity at this point

my F3 did/does the same **** sorta.. wont start unless 1.)in neutral with 2.)clutch pulled in and 3.)kickstand up..my neutral switch is bad..if by chance you DO get the "n" light on (usually it wont even come on) it WILL start on the stand, but misses, and when you rev it, it smokes pops/bangs and loads up (WONT REV past about 6500) etc...pull the stand up , and it revs clean.. weird.

as a second note, my lil bro baught this bike dropped and very FUKkD up...it was missing like hell before..he put new plugs, rectifier, computer, wires.etc...couldn't figure it out...i took the carbs apart and the jets were laying in the bowls..LOL (dunno how that happened)

good luck.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by fukkdupf3
my F3 did/does the same **** sorta.. wont start unless 1.)in neutral with 2.)clutch pulled in and 3.)kickstand up..my neutral switch is bad..if by chance you DO get the "n" light on (usually it wont even come on) it WILL start on the stand, but misses, and when you rev it, it smokes pops/bangs and loads up (WONT REV past about 6500) etc...pull the stand up , and it revs clean.. weird.

as a second note, my lil bro baught this bike dropped and very FUKkD up...it was missing like hell before..he put new plugs, rectifier, computer, wires.etc...couldn't figure it out...i took the carbs apart and the jets were laying in the bowls..LOL (dunno how that happened)

good luck.

Wouldn't start on/off stand - clutch in/out. When it happened I could pop start it but it wouldn't idle more then a grand and any throttle killed it.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:16 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by Miller
Wouldn't start on/off stand - clutch in/out. When it happened I could pop start it but it wouldn't idle more then a grand and any throttle killed it.

defiantely carbs and fouled plugs
Old 09-27-2004, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
defiantely carbs and fouled plugs
I got it going. It was the rectifer. It cost me **** though b/c. I have 98 f3 that I wreck awhile back. So I just swapped it and after the jump start it runs great.

Thanks for your help :YEAH

Now I can go start practicing. :YEAH :YEAH