chunk taken out of my block..HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:32 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point
chunk taken out of my block..HELP!!

alright, when i looped, i broke the stator cover and coil. when i took the fairing off to get a better look at it, i noticed that where the bolt goes through the stator cover into the lower block, it broke a chunk out of the block where the bolt threads into the block.. what should i do? replace the lower block?? should i just buy a new engine? mines got some miles on it, and its stunted every day, so its had its share of a beating.. it also looks like the stator and the magneto are bent down, i got a pic, its not that good, i hope it loads, its shitty and blurry... gimme some help guys, please...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	broke block.bmp
Views:	78
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	95593  
Old 09-04-2004, 08:33 PM

Re: chunk taken out of my block..HELP!!

sh*t, that pic is too small to see, ill put it in my gallery, its gonna be called "broke block".... thanks guys
Old 09-04-2004, 08:41 PM

alright, well, the pic wont load in my gallery, so if you can give advice just by reading what i wrote, i would really appreciate it... thanks guys...
Old 09-04-2004, 09:30 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get that chit welded back up. Hope you still have the piece that broke off.

happened on my 954 ..it held up fine...Just fine a good welder.

Good luck
Old 09-04-2004, 09:51 PM

i was told it cant be welded, plus i dont have the piece that broke off.. i think im just gonna buy a new engine for like 500 bucks off ebay or something..i talked to one guy i know today about gettin a new engine for it and asked him if like a 94 900rr motor would fit in it, he said it should and if it doesnt line up perfect, it would be real damn close... he said the only thing that is different between my f3 motor and his is the head... anyone know anything about this?? would a 95-96 900rr motor fit in my bike?? and if it would, wouldnt that mean i could run an FI cage from an older 900rr?? already gota cage, so thats not a big deal. help me out....
Old 09-05-2004, 01:54 AM

HurricaneF2 is an unknown quantity at this point

not true, it will fit but you have to cut a real big notch in the frame fabricate some new engine brackets. some holes will line up, but youd be better off buying a 900.

if you do a search, somebody posted a link a while back that showed all the **** youd have to do to make it work
Old 09-05-2004, 02:37 AM

akcbr954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRR-riderx
alright, when i looped, i broke the stator cover and coil. when i took the fairing off to get a better look at it, i noticed that where the bolt goes through the stator cover into the lower block, it broke a chunk out of the block where the bolt threads into the block.. what should i do? replace the lower block?? should i just buy a new engine? mines got some miles on it, and its stunted every day, so its had its share of a beating.. it also looks like the stator and the magneto are bent down, i got a pic, its not that good, i hope it loads, its shitty and blurry... gimme some help guys, please...
drain the oil tip it over or stand it on the bar put the new coil and stator cover on put all the screws in and then quick steel or jb weld the **** out of it str8 gob job. i had the same thing plus 2 more chunks and a shitload of spider cracks. there was 1 crack i couldnt get 2 but it only leaks a couple of drops per day. i usually have 2 put a little oil in every 2-3 weeks i dropped it from 12 2day after my subframe broke and it still held up
Old 09-05-2004, 10:43 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Same thing I was gonna say. Don't use JB weld though. Use the Quicksteel type stuff. Just make sure it is really clean with some brake cleaner first.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:07 PM

i dont have the chunk that broke out though, thats part of my problem... also anyone have an answer to my 900rr engine question??
Old 09-05-2004, 03:12 PM

threekidss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRR-riderx
i dont have the chunk that broke out though, thats part of my problem... also anyone have an answer to my 900rr engine question??
heya .....if the chunk you broke off is small enough and you can thread the bolt at all what these guys said about the quicksteel is correct..you can drill and tap the stuff no problem......why were you told it could not be welded? because it is cast aluminium? as for the rr question don't know sorry.
mark
Old 09-05-2004, 03:26 PM

i was told the 900rr engine will fit right in with minor modification and fabbing... i guess u have to notch a little piece of the frame, then take the front motor mounts, and bend them out a 1/2 inch on each side, and it will bolt right in... i saw pictures of a bike with it done on cbrworld.net the kid also said that you can still run the plastics without a problem too... uses stock f3 cdi box, wire harness, and radiator.... anyone think this swap will be worth the time put in?? not that it sounds like muchwork at all.. i used to do b-series and h-series swaps in civics, teg's, and ect for a side job.. so i do have mechanical ability... anyone have any input??