make ur r6 not smoke after 12

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person
Re: make ur r6 not smoke after 12

Plug you existing p.c.v. port w/ a short piece of hose and a bolt or something similar. Take off your valve cover and on top, in the middle,right above where the exhaust cam would be if it were installed, there is a small circle from the cast when it was made. Take it to a machine shop and have them drill it out and then weld an aluminum nipple to it. Go to the riceboy isle in Autozone or something and get a small K&N style breather and clamp it on. Reinstall and you are good to go! Oh, it will probably have clearance issues w/ the fan so get a short (2" or 3") piece of hose and clamp it to the valve cover then get a piece of pipe from Home Depot a couple of inches long ,then clamp the breather to that. The hose on the valve cover will allow it to flex enough so you can zip-ty it away from the fan. That should do it! You may lose a very little bit of oil but I mean MINIMAL!!!! You won't even notice. And if you lower your float height 3mm. you can do every bar trick there is before you r6 shuts down. Mine would drag about 75ft. before it would die.
www.infamousridaz.com
Old 09-09-2004, 12:22 AM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donotstuntanr6
Plug you existing p.c.v. port w/ a short piece of hose and a bolt or something similar. Take off your valve cover and on top, in the middle,right above where the exhaust cam would be if it were installed, there is a small circle from the cast when it was made. Take it to a machine shop and have them drill it out and then weld an aluminum nipple to it. Go to the riceboy isle in Autozone or something and get a small K&N style breather and clamp it on. Reinstall and you are good to go! Oh, it will probably have clearance issues w/ the fan so get a short (2" or 3") piece of hose and clamp it to the valve cover then get a piece of pipe from Home Depot a couple of inches long ,then clamp the breather to that. The hose on the valve cover will allow it to flex enough so you can zip-ty it away from the fan. That should do it! You may lose a very little bit of oil but I mean MINIMAL!!!! You won't even notice. And if you lower your float height 3mm. you can do every bar trick there is before you r6 shuts down. Mine would drag about 75ft. before it would die.
www.infamousridaz.com
sounds like a project for when the snow comes, until then ill just keep emptyin my poland spring bootle! :YEAH
Old 09-10-2004, 01:18 AM
NME

NME is a decent person

right on! I promise it will work. I went round after round with my r6, so please , learn from my mistakes! I've done the catch bottle and everything else. This works!!! Good luck with it.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:51 PM

gsxr420 is an unknown quantity at this point

get and air/ oil separator. will fix the problem completely and run oil back into motor
Old 11-23-2004, 11:00 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

would it be possible for the hot motor oil fresh from the engine to melt through a plastic bottle like your poland springs bottle?
I don't know what it would take but I know that stuff gets hot, and I would think sitting in a bottle for a long enough time it would start to melt through. That would stink if it burst and then you get oil everywhere inside your bike and also ride the back wheel through it.
Or it bursts doing a circle and you go through the puddle on the second time around and wipe out, hehehe.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:35 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donotstuntanr6
www.infamousridaz.com

dude, possible to get pics on this setup? would like to setup my 02 R6 like that
Old 11-24-2004, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Got2josh
would it be possible for the hot motor oil fresh from the engine to melt through a plastic bottle like your poland springs bottle?
I don't know what it would take but I know that stuff gets hot, and I would think sitting in a bottle for a long enough time it would start to melt through. That would stink if it burst and then you get oil everywhere inside your bike and also ride the back wheel through it.
Or it bursts doing a circle and you go through the puddle on the second time around and wipe out, hehehe.
the bottle hasnt melted completely yet but it is kinda shriveled up. i dont do bar tricks basically at all becuz the bike still floods and i dont really like them enuf to deal with letting clear up
Old 11-24-2004, 01:13 AM
OOO

OOO is an unknown quantity at this point

thank all for the advice. ill try it out and let u guys know how it goes
Old 11-24-2004, 09:09 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: make ur r6 not smoke after 12

Originally Posted by gsxr420
get and air/ oil separator. will fix the problem completely and run oil back into motor
Where could you get that at?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:53 PM

Biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxr420
where can i buy one and where do you mount it and have you tried this.

biscuit
Old 04-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Regular StuntLifer

FTPstunna is a decent person

TTT...

If I run a hose from the crankcase vent and all the way to the front of the bike w/ a k&n crankcase breather, would that work just fine, or would to much oil still come out. I just cant find a good place to put a damn water bottle on my bike w/out it lookin hideous!
Old 04-08-2005, 04:40 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

behind the right rearset, ziptie it in place the heal gurad hides msot of it... dont look that bad..plus itas a ****in stuntbike...if sumone says it looks like shyt be liek o yah ...and smash ur taillight....lol
Old 04-08-2005, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by FTPstunna
TTT...

If I run a hose from the crankcase vent and all the way to the front of the bike w/ a k&n crankcase breather, would that work just fine, or would to much oil still come out. I just cant find a good place to put a damn water bottle on my bike w/out it lookin hideous!
idk if that will work or not. i thought of that but i didnt have a long hose lol
Old 04-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Regular StuntLifer

ok, well....how much oil usually comes out of the crankcase when doin bar tricks and so far? How fast will the water bottle fill up w/ oil?
Old 04-08-2005, 05:01 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

not alot of oil comes out at all but if u do a bar trick itll ssmoke for like 3-5 mins a very lil amount makes for alot of smoke
Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Regular StuntLifer

So, if i just do a long hose going to the front of my bike w/ a small k&n crankcase breather, that'll work fine, right? Barely any oil will get up there, and its vented still, and no oil goes into my intake then, so no smoking....right? Sounds way to damn easy, but hey, I have everything in the garage to do it now!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:02 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

Tryed that. It still pumps out like a hose.....
Old 04-08-2005, 10:32 PM

Biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point

so this oil seperator
what is that all about
Old 04-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
not alot of oil comes out at all but if u do a bar trick itll ssmoke for like 3-5 mins a very lil amount makes for alot of smoke
if not alot of oil comes out, how does it flow like a hose? just tryin to get the picture cause i havent done bar tricks on my r6 yet.

thx
Old 04-09-2005, 03:26 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

I'm talking about just runnin a longer hose all the way to the front of the bike. That was one of the first of may attempts with minimal success. The breather on the valve cover is the way to go.