which front tires are better than bridgestone battlax for stunting

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 03:06 PM

audiophan is an unknown quantity at this point
which front tires are better than bridgestone battlax for stunting

poped a bridgestone battlax front yesterday but it needed replacement anyway. after washing out a few times in sub-60 degree weather i think i need a tire that warms up better. stickiness is nice as well. felt like i was riding on crayons sometimes, sliding across the pavement. i'll be getting a rear soon so recommendations for that are welcome as well. never rain in wet so grooves aren't important.

what about diblo corsa or dunlop 208 tires.

WHO HAS THE BEST PRICE?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:16 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person
Re: which front tires are better than bridgestone battlax for stunting

Originally Posted by audiophan
poped a bridgestone battlax front yesterday but it needed replacement anyway. after washing out a few times in sub-60 degree weather i think i need a tire that warms up better. stickiness is nice as well. felt like i was riding on crayons sometimes, sliding across the pavement. i'll be getting a rear soon so recommendations for that are welcome as well. never rain in wet so grooves aren't important.

what about diblo corsa or dunlop 208 tires.

WHO HAS THE BEST PRICE?

metzler M1 it's the only way to fly....takes a few miles to break in but after that I think it's the best tire out there for stoppies I have never had a front tire skid with it, and I'm rolling over 400 feet.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by verticalfrank
metzler M1 it's the only way to fly....takes a few miles to break in but after that I think it's the best tire out there for stoppies I have never had a front tire skid with it, and I'm rolling over 400 feet.
never had a warm tire skid but after sitting around on a 55degree day i didn't have any grip. what about the wear on em? - i see they have a bunch of grooves
Old 08-31-2004, 06:57 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

Originally Posted by audiophan
never had a warm tire skid but after sitting around on a 55degree day i didn't have any grip. what about the wear on em? - i see they have a bunch of grooves
I put mine on at the tail end of last season ( about 4 rides on it last year ) I still haven't changed it and I've been riding a lot this year. Most of the riding I do is at the spot we practice at, shows or comps. I don't really do much street riding and I don't have any gauges so I can't really say how many miles I got out of it either. I just know it works really well even in the lower temps. Up here in Maine it's real cool in the spring and fall. Joe ( one of our other riders ) was getting over 600ft on the M1, he recently switched over to the race compound version and seems to like it....I still like the street compound, you don't have to warm it up as much. Chauncy ( C6 ) was the one that originally turned us on to these tires. One thing too that helps out with grip is lowering the tire pressure a little bit...usually around 25 psi or so. Just for kicks ask Ryan Cramer what he's running he's blazin over 1000ft stoppies. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:01 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

When its real cold out, Battlax's are about the best tires out there. Otherwise M1 is the ****.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:04 PM

appreciate the insight gentlemen
Old 09-01-2004, 03:07 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

which bridgestone is it.

I have had similer problems with the BTO10s but the 012ss are the bomb,,, I am putting a 014 on tomorrow so I'll let you know how that does.
I agree with the Metzlers I have one on the back and it is the best rear I've had yet.
If you want fast warmers the metzler or the bridgestones are the best. Stay away from the michlen pilots or dunlops they take longer to warm.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

Michelin Pilot All Day, Love It.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:27 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

I run a pirelli race take off on the front at all times... I usually don't have a problem with it washing out. I hate dunlops! But that's just me.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by KungFu954
which bridgestone is it.

I have had similer problems with the BTO10s but the 012ss are the bomb,,, I am putting a 014 on tomorrow so I'll let you know how that does.
I agree with the Metzlers I have one on the back and it is the best rear I've had yet.
If you want fast warmers the metzler or the bridgestones are the best. Stay away from the michlen pilots or dunlops they take longer to warm.
i'm pretty sure it is the bto101. just picked up the metz m1 from ronayers for $93 shipped.