Here why your bike pulls to one side !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 10:06 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Here why your bike pulls to one side !!!!!!

I actually tried this. Your wheel alighnment is most likely off by a (unthair. You won't notice this while riding, knee dragin' or even simple wheelies. Once you hit balance point or near (or beyond) and ride it a while, ALL THE WIGHT IS ABOVE YOUR REAR AXLE. If your rear wheel is going straight, your bike is slightly leaning to one side, but not enough for you to notice except for the bike favoring one side. If alighnment is quite off, naturally you try to keep the bike perfectry straight, but now your wheele is on an angle. While throtle is applied, the wheel is trying to straighten itself out (just like coming out of a corner) causing your bike to lean. Stock markings on the swingarm can be off by as much as 1mm. Doesn't seem like a lot when you're going on both wheels, but a huge difference when doin BP wheelies. If your bike pulls to the right, tighten your right swingarm adjjustment bolt a quater turn at a time
Old 08-25-2004, 06:53 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Here why your bike pulls to one side !!!!!!

or learn to ride it that way, people can still wheelie for days with a 15mph side wind
Old 08-25-2004, 07:59 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, the marks are off usually, You can check it pretty accurately, by driving normally without hands on level surface. If bike goes straight it's ok, but if you have to hang off or move your butt to make it go straigh it's off.

Try the same road both ways, so you know it's not just road camber...

JarkkoT.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:33 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Duffman
or learn to ride it that way, people can still wheelie for days with a 15mph side wind
My arms get tired after a few miles.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Duffman
Regardless of the weather, rear wheel wants to be vertical when powered. I noticed that alot of amature stuntas have this problem, but won't admit it. Just look around and see how many people are still in a straight line after a 1/2 , 1/4 or even 1/8th mile. I myself got tired of rollin off because I was going off the freeway, or backroad. I'd like to be able to change lanes someday soon
Old 08-26-2004, 01:54 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Here why your bike pulls to one side !!!!!!

does this affect slow wheelies? not sure, since your not going as fast?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:42 AM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine always go towards which ever side the road is leaning. If the road is flat I can keep it pretty straight. Haven't quite been able to get it to lean the other way once it starts to pull though. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Albgixxer
Mine always go towards which ever side the road is leaning. If the road is flat I can keep it pretty straight. Haven't quite been able to get it to lean the other way once it starts to pull though. Thanks for the info.
Body position. Try hanging your body slightly off the side of the bike which ever way you want to go. Try this as soon as it starts to turn on its own from the road crest. You gotta catch it quick though, If your at or near the BP it will work..just takes some practice
Old 08-28-2004, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by 91vempo
Body position. Try hanging your body slightly off the side of the bike which ever way you want to go. Try this as soon as it starts to turn on its own from the road crest. You gotta catch it quick though, If your at or near the BP it will work..just takes some practice
What am I doin' wrong? Running 30psi (for cornering) I can hang of the side so much that my outside foot is barely touching the peg and I'm still goin' straight, that is after I alighned my rear. I can make the bike wobble like hell, but still it's goin' straight
Old 08-28-2004, 09:05 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

i mounted a tire without tire lube once and i think the beads didnt seat evenly- ie the two beads were a few degrees apart, man even fast wheelies steered SO hard that the tail end swept out instantly.
either that or it was a junk tire, either way lube the tire beads kiddies

but hey good advice man, i gotta check my axle for alignment, the ***** been real flakey lately
Old 08-28-2004, 11:20 AM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinisin
I actually tried this. Your wheel alighnment is most likely off by a (unthair. You won't notice this while riding, knee dragin' or even simple wheelies. Once you hit balance point or near (or beyond) and ride it a while, ALL THE WIGHT IS ABOVE YOUR REAR AXLE. If your rear wheel is going straight, your bike is slightly leaning to one side, but not enough for you to notice except for the bike favoring one side. If alighnment is quite off, naturally you try to keep the bike perfectry straight, but now your wheele is on an angle. While throtle is applied, the wheel is trying to straighten itself out (just like coming out of a corner) causing your bike to lean. Stock markings on the swingarm can be off by as much as 1mm. Doesn't seem like a lot when you're going on both wheels, but a huge difference when doin BP wheelies. If your bike pulls to the right, tighten your right swingarm adjjustment bolt a quater turn at a time
That's good stuff. Can i steal the info?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:04 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinisin
What am I doin' wrong? Running 30psi (for cornering) I can hang of the side so much that my outside foot is barely touching the peg and I'm still goin' straight, that is after I alighned my rear. I can make the bike wobble like hell, but still it's goin' straight
Man.. all I can think of is you don't have the bike high enough. I gotta have mine at the BP for it changelanes/turn
Old 09-03-2004, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 91vempo
Man.. all I can think of is you don't have the bike high enough. I gotta have mine at the BP for it changelanes/turn
That's quite possible, since I cannot keep it up for more than a half a mile before I start hitting 11k