brakes......

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Regular StuntLifer

twist~ROC is an unknown quantity at this point
brakes......

first up this bike is a 929, its brake setup is sick, they were setup by one of the better stoppie experts in the world, anyways i changed the brakes and now i can barely push the bike

can it be that i need to bleed the brakes or can it be that the calipers are messed up?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:17 PM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: brakes......

Originally Posted by twist~ROC
first up this bike is a 929, its brake setup is sick, they were setup by one of the better stoppie experts in the world, anyways i changed the brakes and now i can barely push the bike

can it be that i need to bleed the brakes or can it be that the calipers are messed up?
Did you have to force the calipers on? Might have to much fluid in the system.

Provided you put the brakes on corectly, take the top off you brake resivoir (put a towel under it) and then take the calipers off again. sqweeze the pads into the sides of the calipers compressing the pistons, brake fluids gonna come out the top. After you have ample room to slide the calipers over the disks and back into place bolt them down. now your gonna pump the brakes to get them seated again, but watch your fluid level in the resivoir as it may get kinda low. Once you have brakes again top it off and put the cap back on yur done.