Wheelie help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 07:05 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Wheelie help

Ditch the dunlop. They need alot of heat to be sticky.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:50 PM

sketchy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would but its new and i got fired so im screwed until i start my new job
Old 09-02-2004, 04:55 PM

good news i hit the bp day it felt so good thanks for da help
Old 09-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by verticalfrank
sliders are poop...they don't do a thing.....spend the money and get a cage.....I run a racing 905 and it's worth every penny
Exactly, for minor falls they'll hold up. But if you take a hard dump they just smash... I had extended sliders, fell off from a accidentil 12v and the frame slider smashed into pieces, and my case cover got smashed.. Invest in a cage..

MXD, Powers, or 905...
Old 09-03-2004, 04:18 AM

97k6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sketchy1
Every time I try to do a clutch wheelie I get the front tire up to about 9 o?clock and my back tire just spins and goes out to my right and I have a Dunlop 207 I think and its 190 series and its at 30 psi?s do I just need to lower the psi

Any help would be rad thanks
i'm not the one to give advice as i can't stunt for **** , but i had the exact same prob. everyone said it was cold tires, but it was happening after riding on 'em for like 30 miles. i started callin 'em "cracker squirts" and would kinda do 'em on purpose. i could leave about 6 foot of black streak on the road with the front about a foot off the ground. one day i slid all the way back in my seat (a friend's suggestion) and it has never happened since. i guess i just didn't have enough weight over the back wheel.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:04 AM

palladin18 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know that the tires do not matter i have ran ever type from the crapping sport touriers to the race takeoffs and they all get the front up.

what does matter is the tire pressure, i keep mine 18-25 psi and i works great providing a larger contact patch for better traction and side to side balance.

as far as cages go:
GET ONE IT WILL SAVE MORE MONEY THAN ANYTHING ELSE

if you dont have the money i got bmx freestyle pegs from Walmart for like 10 bucks, they work great just invest in a lot of really weak motormount bolts that are 1/4 inch longer than the stock ones. get the weak ones so that they bend or break before your motor or motormount.

and one question
how fast were you going when you would spin the rear because you might need to slow down a little or give less throttle to get the front tire in the air
and how long did you wheelie when you hit BP?
Old 09-03-2004, 09:42 AM

i would just be going like 10 mile an hour when it would spin like crazy i guess it was just tomuch throttle

i kept it up for like 15 or 20 feet my first time
Old 09-03-2004, 10:01 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Wheelie help

Bald flat Dunlops here. I find all my tires in the junk tire piles at bike shops. Sometimes a tire may have 50% tread left but was taken off because it had a nail in it or somthing, so i patch it up and throw it on. I give up on buying new tires, there way too expensive...
Old 09-03-2004, 12:09 PM

do they just give them to your are u buying for crazy cheap either way i that sounds like a good idea
Old 09-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

do they just give them to your are u buying for crazy cheap either way i that sounds like a good idea

Most of the shops are more than happy to get rid of them. I got like 7-8 rear tires in my garage right now... Should last me awhile as long as I dont do any burnouts... Got 2 decent front tires off ebay, one being a pilot sport...
Old 09-03-2004, 02:26 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GsxrMike
Bald flat Dunlops here. I find all my tires in the junk tire piles at bike shops. Sometimes a tire may have 50% tread left but was taken off because it had a nail in it or somthing, so i patch it up and throw it on. I give up on buying new tires, there way too expensive...
I agree. a tire is a tire. Get whatever you want. They get real expensive, You don't need a certain tire to do certain things.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:23 PM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Wheelie help

Well, most shops will give them to you because they have to pay to get rid of them, but you have to kinda pretend u just want and old POS tire to burn out or somthing or to make a kids swing. If they catch on to you and know your getting good use of the tires for stuntn or whatever, the next time you go to see of they have any more decent tires some a$$ that works there will be tryn to huslte them to you for like $20 or somthing.