f4i desperately needs help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 05:30 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i desperately needs help

my f4i wont START. Even after i take the key out of the ignition the Fi (fuel injection) light stays on. anyone know y this is. can you plzz help me out. the bike just keeps cranking but wont turn over. I stripped it and traced all of the wiring. Looks good from what i can see. But i'm NO mechanic. Any hellp is appreciated.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: f4i desperately needs help

remember to feed the hamster? check fuses, gas lines, fuel pump noise, reset computer, etc...
Old 08-12-2004, 12:19 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

if the fuel pump is not makin ne noise then check the tilt sensor
Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by MasterShake
remember to feed the hamster? check fuses, gas lines, fuel pump noise, reset computer, etc...
how do i reset the computer?? should the fuel pump be making any noise before the bike starts? all gas lines ar in tacked, fuses are good. Help me out man. i wanna ride. hehe
Old 08-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by catach42
if the fuel pump is not makin ne noise then check the tilt sensor

where is the tilt sensor. im not used to these fuel injected bikes. what do i do to it? thx for your time
Old 08-12-2004, 02:19 PM

hr_motorsports is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teamclc
how do i reset the computer?? should the fuel pump be making any noise before the bike starts? all gas lines ar in tacked, fuses are good. Help me out man. i wanna ride. hehe
the fuel pump should whine when u turn the key on, before you hit the start button. You'll be able to hear it clearly if it's working, i can hear mine even with my helmet on.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by hr_motorsports
the fuel pump should whine when u turn the key on, before you hit the start button. You'll be able to hear it clearly if it's working, i can hear mine even with my helmet on.
i know exactly what your talking about. my friends 954 does it too. do you think that the pump is bad. will my bike not start if this isnt working? thx
Old 08-12-2004, 03:10 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

It might turn over for a second, but it need the fuel pump. I think its bolted on to the underside of your tank. Did you lay the bike down and this started?? or was it just sitting or died while riding?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
It might turn over for a second, but it need the fuel pump. I think its bolted on to the underside of your tank. Did you lay the bike down and this started?? or was it just sitting or died while riding?

the bike hit a telephone pole and went end over end. this is my 1st time trying to start it since then. everything looks good except the forks and some cosmetics. Motor cranks and everything but just wont turn over. I didnt even realize that the fuel pump wasnt making a sound until someone said it. The pump on the bottom of the tanks looks to be in great shape. the tank is still spotless. i dont get it.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

f4is harness tends to take a dump.. my friend sat a couple wheelies down hard wahm no more fuel pump, also check your kick stand switch!.. it might be trashed from the crash, if all else fails goto a junk yard n **** or bike shop n get a new harness, if u have trouble getting one i might beable to get you one. but besure to try and check all the kill switchs.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by MasterShake
f4is harness tends to take a dump.. my friend sat a couple wheelies down hard wahm no more fuel pump, also check your kick stand switch!.. it might be trashed from the crash, if all else fails goto a junk yard n **** or bike shop n get a new harness, if u have trouble getting one i might beable to get you one. but besure to try and check all the kill switchs.

HEY HEY, what do you know. It was the tip over switch. i got it all situated and i fired the bike right up. It runs like a champ again. Im glad, because thats like a $90 switch. it was connected to the headlight and all the other bits and peices left of the front end. Thanks for the help everyone. NOW, second gear spreaders on an f4i?? possible on stock sprockets or no??
i have a power commander 3 and its been remapped. Thx
Old 08-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Regular StuntLifer

stuntboy79 is an unknown quantity at this point

The sensor is on the right front of the bike below the windscreen. If you think the tilt sensor is bad just disconnect it and jump the two outer wires. I used a paper clip and taped it up. My bike was shutting off when I was practicing 12's
Old 08-12-2004, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by teamclc
NOW, second gear spreaders on an f4i?? possible on stock sprockets or no??
i have a power commander 3 and its been remapped. Thx
Def. possible, but I'd recommend gearing it slightly with -1+3 and getting a lighter chain (520 X-Ring). Best $150 I spent with that setup.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
Def. possible, but I'd recommend gearing it slightly with -1+3 and getting a lighter chain (520 X-Ring). Best $150 I spent with that setup.

Cool man i wanna see what this power commander can do 1st. if it's not enough then ill re-gear soon. eventually im going to re-gear but i just wanna test the bike out for a little. i just bought it,/ i heard great things about stunting these f4i's though. needs forks but i got an awesome deal. Cant wait. :YEAH :YEAH i ride a 900rr and i just rode my friends 954rr. these fuel injected bike are so much smoother.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:04 AM

True that, my carbs are f-ing with me during circles.. no throttle response.

F4i's are tight though, I also tried a 636 today and it seemed equally as good.