Is this a super deal or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 06:54 PM

wishiwasrossi is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this a super deal or not

I know u guys get this kind of gay question from all the 19 yrs that want to get into stunting but im serious, ive had a bike since 14 and plan on getting a sport bike when i get back from basic.

ok. question, im good friend with the head mechanic at the interlakes sports center, and hes thinking about getting rid of his old bike, its a 90 cbr 600f super sport, blue white, with cf accents, got 10,100 miles and spins like a top, tranny spins clean through all six, everything works great, as i said head mechanic, but the plastics are all pretty messed up, top half of the front farring is missing so the windsheild is gone too, left side is scratched pretty bad aka deep, minor cracks here and there, missing the little cap area behind the seat, and muffler is dented.

its got a new chain, metzer? tires, and always been kept up well.

my main question is what would be a fair, or better for me, price to offer for his bike, i live in sd so there stored for 4 months of the year, and would this be a good bike to throw a cage and a twelve bar on and try to learn how to stunt, all feedback will be much much much appricated, thank u all and stunt on, cuz god knows i can roll a hell of a endo on my specilized
Old 08-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Is this a super deal or not

its great to have goals and stuff, but u don't learn 12ing in a couple hours on a sport bike... and if ur gonna stunt, i suggest u get a shitbox, such as that 90 cbr 600. once u learn to hold standup wheelies on that.. u get any decent new sport bike after that it will be cake, that 90 cbr has small *** skinny tire. crapy susspension, its ugly, its ancient technology... you gotta crawl before you can walk, these kids that start out with ninja 636's, 00+ gsxr's,cbr f4i's, all talking about "omg its so hard to get my bike to balance point", "is my bike capable of coming up in secound" they are asking these questions cause they don't understand nor experience'd a **** box bike, they are skipping alot of steps, and think that they have some kinda of special talanet to buy a new sport bike and wheelie it for 5 miles the first day they get it. but they will eventualy loop they're 04 gsxr 1000 at 90mph and die. while u ride arround on a **** box only capable of wheelien at 35mph, once u master that bike and can knee drag on that skinny *** tire and do 10 ft rolling stopies on **** forks and heavy bike, u are ready for a new bike... believe me, if u follow this advice, you'll thank me later.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:24 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

You got that right man, I have an 01 katana 600 that is SO wicked hard to do anything on, it's taking me forever to learn to wheelie up to balance point, and forget about endos, but I know that once I get it all down on this, that when I get a new bike in a year or so it's going to be a ton easier to do stuff on than if I had just started out on the new bike. Learn to stunt a pierce of crap and then you can stunt anything.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:06 PM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Is this a super deal or not

Give him, at the most $500 Bones....
Old 08-08-2004, 10:41 PM

is 500 real close to what is worth, hell i got 5 cash from my sled i just sold, is that acctually reasonable, if so ill walk up to him with green tomorrow
Old 08-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wishiwasrossi
is 500 real close to what is worth, hell i got 5 cash from my sled i just sold, is that acctually reasonable, if so ill walk up to him with green tomorrow

i wouldn't give him over $1000 for it. its not worth it but it's perfect for your 1st bike and good to learn on. take it slow dont hurt yourself, it's not a pedal bike. flip that doing a stoppie and your gonna be hurtin if it lands on you. You dont need a 12 bar yet just get a cage. i know a good cage company. $220
Old 08-09-2004, 12:39 AM

well i would get a cage just so i dont f up my only chance of learning to stunt the first day, but ya, i was guessing maybe a cage, maybe a new sprocket and maybe a 530 chain? to new at this stuff to really know but ya i hope it would be a good first bike, so like 5-75o i was thinking/hoping, and itll work for TRYING to learn to stunt right?

also, if it breaks how hard are parts to come by, are they expensive, maybe find new plastics, and is insurance going to suck as if i buy it right out?
Old 08-09-2004, 12:40 AM

and where do i get cages and sprockets etc. for cheap?
Old 08-09-2004, 05:19 AM

and where do i get cages and sprockets etc. for cheap?
If i were you i would get a 525 chain conversion kit for that bike, a 530 is unnecessary. I went up +14 on my bike, and it works great. Never go down on the front sprocket, always leave it stock, it will mess sh*t up. Talk to Phil at www.moto-heaven.com, he will hook you up with a kit. As far as cages everyone talks about freestyle ingenuity cages and racing905 cages, i dont know much about any of them i build my own...
Old 08-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

thing that sucks... maybe you don't want a cage, cause the technology of these cages and strength, u might break ur frame before cage.. i'd much rather break a stator cover or ignition cover then frame ya know cause that bike is old so yeah just what im thinking. i laid my 89 ninja down about 4 times... bend a bar alittle bit, scraped plastics, broke a foot peg.. ur bars protect alot on these older bikes.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:08 AM

bought the bike 900 strait up, fast a f, but maybe just not used to it i guess, pulled a power wheelie by accident first night pulling it all the way through the first gear, i might get used to it before i start to stunt
Old 08-10-2004, 03:46 AM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

bought the bike 900 strait up, fast a f, but maybe just not used to it i guess, pulled a power wheelie by accident first night pulling it all the way through the first gear, i might get used to it before i start to stunt

DAMN GOOD THINKING. definitly take time to get used to the bike. just ride around on it. get used to the throttle and steering. get used to driving it around cars. then one day see what it can do. once you wind out 6th, you know what the bike can do. dont set a date for yourself to be ready, you'll know it when it happens.

goodluck and ride safe.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:05 AM

Youre going to have to take your time and get use to it cuz if you just all the sudden try to 12 your going to wreck i gurantee it, so be careful and take your time. It will probably take you a year or more to 12, everyones different when it comes to the learning process. Post up a pic of the bike so everyone can see it...