Arms are sore

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 10:05 PM

y0manda is an unknown quantity at this point
Arms are sore

I have been "poping wheelies" since the first week I bought my bike, in first gear. almost 2 years ago. Now I have about 2500 miles on her and hardly get to take er out. Lately I have been riding on a local street w/ very little traffic if any. Since I don't really don't know anyone to go riding with I practice wheelies alone and most of my input has came from online how-to's. I now can wheelie in first gear to redline. Second gear is where I'm having most difficulties, I have tried poping the clutch to bring her up going about 50-55mph and taching it to about 7k sitting down. that speed seems kinda to fast for me because by the time the front wheel comes up im going about 60-65mph then it just comes right back down. another method I have been practicing is standing up and bouncing while in second. again not high enough to reach the bp. what I think may help me out is changing the sprocket to give me a lower end something like 1.75 gear in second and not my stock 2nd gear. Is this something that will help me reach the bp not going so fast? I have an 03 gixxer 750. feedback will be great. thanks in advance!
Old 08-06-2004, 11:37 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Arms are sore

go slower, clutch harder, it will come up much quicker. i clutch my 00 r6 from 40mph in 3rd with stock gears (standing). dont clutch too hard just slip the clutch a lil longer (letting the revs rise a lil higher) each time. u r at balance point sitting wen u can see anymore.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:42 AM

ahh, so I am doing it wrong eh? I shouldn't just release the clutch out fast, thats what I have been doing, I mean I have been pulling in the clutch w/ 1 finger reving it to about 7k's then instantly releaseing it, but to more or less let the clutch out slowly? At what rpm's should I start releasing the clutch out going 40 mph in 2nd?
Old 08-07-2004, 11:41 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Just do it with throttle, experiment, go 1/4 throttle and slip the clutch. I use 2 fingers and slip for approx a half a second, it's not jerky when you do it right. Then just increase the throttle going the same speed slipping the same amount until it comes up high enough.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

its a 750? i can bounce up 2nd on my 03 gsxr 600, all i do is get going 35 to 40 preload it and wack the throttle it rises pretty steady, now if you pre load it and clutch it at the same speed it comes up alot fast thats just me though . I pull in the clutch at about 40 preload the bike and as the bike is coming back up i give it gas and dump the clutch it comes up pretty quick, i would start with not as much gas and dumping the clutch and add from there youll find how much it takes, also lean back it does help (i just keep my legs straight and as far back as i can ) good luck bro and wear your gear
Old 08-07-2004, 10:44 PM

Well my wife came hom e from work and was able to watch my kid while I took it out. Thanks for all your replies, it surely helped. I can now stand the bike up and ride it about 200 feet consistantly. thing is I took advice from this board about keeping your left foot on the pas peg, and the right to cover the brake. It definitly helps to bring it up but when i stay on one wheel the bike starts to rock side to side, because I am not keeping both weight on each peg evenly. Something that i need to practice. also as i'm right there letting off on the gas while riding it, I guess i get scared or nervous like, whoah shiet "now what" and I let the bike down. and the front slams down pretty hard. but yeah. after i rode a few long ones, I was yelling "hell yeah!' in my helmet!
Old 08-08-2004, 02:06 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Arms are sore

Originally Posted by y0manda
what I think may help me out is changing the sprocket to give me a lower end something like 1.75 gear in second and not my stock 2nd gear. Is this something that will help me reach the bp not going so fast? I have an 03 gixxer 750. feedback will be great. thanks in advance!
No, I use to wheelie my 03 gix 1k in stock second and slow it way down, there are people out there bustin circles with stock gearing. You just need to learn to wheelie behind the bp using your rear brake, when u master that you can pretty much wheelie any bike slow, bigger sprockets are mainly for launching bikes higher and faster on the clutch up...
Old 08-08-2004, 01:18 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
Just do it with throttle, experiment, go 1/4 throttle and slip the clutch. I use 2 fingers and slip for approx a half a second, it's not jerky when you do it right. Then just increase the throttle going the same speed slipping the same amount until it comes up high enough.

dont listen to this moron

he has no idea wtf hes talking about and his wheelies suck
Old 08-08-2004, 01:38 PM

heh, actually I think I got it now. Yesterday when I went riding, I consistantly rode some long ones. Longer than I have ever had em, I am still stoked. This morning I cleaned my chain and lubed it for my ride later today. I'm gonna bring my vid camera and have a buddy record it so I can encode it to xvid and throw up a link for you guys to check out )))
Old 08-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

your problem is, you never owned a **** box... go buy a cheap *** old bike that sucks ***.. but a sport bike. and wheelie that then hop on your 750 and you'll own...
Old 08-10-2004, 01:50 AM

xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL

Yeah you said you can't wheelie your bike for **** a couple days ago!