wheelie help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 03:00 AM

99gixxerman is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelie help

i am in the process of learning wheelies i do them in first but i get that feeling like im gonna flip over so i domt hold it very long and i wont go very high. How can i get over that feeling? A guy told me i would feel better if a learn stand ups. i cant get the technique down for bouncing a second gear one. i have a 99 srad 750 i was thinking it would be easier if i go one down in the front and throttle it up? please help.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:04 AM

ducatibitch is an unknown quantity at this point
on the ducati i just lean forward a tad, not alot..just kinda shift a little weight

give it some good rpm's(start out low)with the clutch OUT, squeeze in a little to that sweet spot til the rpm's jump up then let the clutch out while shifting a little weight back a bit then give it some more throttle til you reach the sweet spot...

when you wanna go faster or when you feel yourself dropping squeeze the clutch and throw up another gear and let out gently with some throttle...thats how i do it anyways...

keep your foot on the backbrake if you feel like you are going to fall backwards...dont mash down on the rear brake..just tap it a lil (get to know ur backbrake and how sensitive it is first i guess) just a slight tap will keep your bike in check....

thats my 2 cents so take it for what its worth
Old 01-21-2003, 08:43 AM

SMOKINJOE UR is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelie

go back further,and PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE,its the only way u will learn.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:33 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough
Like Smoken Joe said Practise Practise Practise. If you can get time on a XR50 or somones Quad that will help to. There all kinda different but once you learn throttel control and brake control you got it beat.
Good Luck be safe.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:09 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Raybone is an unknown quantity at this point
my .02 would be to never clutch up in 1st gear unless you know what you are doing...because pretty much every bike out there can power up a whoolie in 1st gear?!?!?!?!

my other bit of .02 is that once you find the "balencing point" of your bike that will answer alot of your questions and make you feel alot more comfortable with your bike doing a whoolie.

i myself started out by doing 2nd gear sitdowns and clutching the bike but this will beat up your bike alot faster than a standup and takes alot more skill to do if you ask me. the problem with doing a standup is the fear involved....but is alot easier to learn than a sitdown......
Old 01-21-2003, 02:40 PM

wheelie help

i throttle up mine in 1st people say i can throttle up a 2nd gear one with a bounce but how do i get the timing down?
Old 01-21-2003, 04:37 PM

mattdedes is an unknown quantity at this point
in second youll wanna be runnin some pretty high rpm's to bounce it up, get em there, shut the throttle so it loads the front springs, then whack it back open, maybe a slight tug on the bars too and youll be up there
Old 01-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Zerocool95 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd try to help, but after wheeliing a CBR1000F all I'd show you is how to do a backflip on any other bike. The thing is a BIG PIG!!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:23 PM

wheely help

Originally posted by mattdedes
in second youll wanna be runnin some pretty high rpm's to bounce it up, get em there, shut the throttle so it loads the front springs, then whack it back open, maybe a slight tug on the bars too and youll be up there
so how many rpm's should i be at my power range in 1st gear is around 6-8k. in 2nd would it be the same or higher?
Old 01-21-2003, 05:32 PM
Camera man of Ronin (Mudlizard)

Keith of Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
here something you can try

if you know anyone doing twelves, and then parking the park, go sit on it then and you will see how far back these things can go, which is pretty far back. Just get someone to hold balance when you sit on it. That helped me with the feel of how far back i could go.
I am still not to good at my balance point, but i am kind of blaming it on the cold weather, when i do hit the balance point i start sliding out of my seat and have to squirm back up and then i end up putting it down. But all i can do is practice, i am in no hurry, just carry a cell if you practice alone.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:18 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I dont know why nobody mentioned this yet.
Get someone to video tape you. You're not as think as you high you are. Go out bast a few on camera then watch em. You'll be really surprised to see how high you really aren't.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:40 AM

CrazyCramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a note. Power has to do with the engine, not the transmission. Your peak power is going to be the same rpm in every gear.