CBR 900 Chain ,sprockets, and ride area.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 07:21 AM

iceberg is an unknown quantity at this point
CBR 900 Chain ,sprockets, and ride area.

Ok can someone tell me if on the swing arm of the 900 RR "i have a 95 if that helps" " or makes a diff " theres a sticker on the side of the swing arm that has a green area that says new chain , and a red area that says replace chain .Now i know what that means ,that your chain should be with in that area leting you know when the chain is good being not stretch out, and when its time to replace the chain being in the red area . My Q's is i went up 2 in the back and down one in the front over time and now that marker that you go by is befor the new chain area ,"befor the start of the green area" meaing my front wheel is closer to the front of the swing arm Now will that make a diff at all ? and is that sticker there only for stock gearing or does that mean that what ever gearing i am, being stock or going 10 up , that i should still be within that good chain green area meaing if i change the gearing eather way that i should have my chain runing within that good chain arae even if it means geting a new chain b/c i went up more . One more thing on the swing arm there is marking lines to match it up on each side to let you know that your tire is riding in line the stat of the block that the axl go's threw" is what i think the marker is " is on the 4th line ,if you where counting the lines from the front to the rear of the swing arm
any help will be great thanks for your time .
Old 07-23-2004, 07:36 AM
What!

Uncle. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CBR 900 Chain ,sprockets, and ride area.

Sticker is for stock bikes forget it.But I would say its best to have it in the green as long as you gear is adjusted right it dont matter.I dont no if this helps but there you go
Old 07-23-2004, 04:13 PM

iceberg is an unknown quantity at this point

you kinda went both ways there so what would you say stay in the green or it dosent mater?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:18 PM

codebluezx9r is an unknown quantity at this point

do like me just replace it when it breaks.....lol.