Wheelies on a zx6r 636???????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 01:03 PM

SlitZ is a decent person
Re: Wheelies on a zx6r 636???????????

well.... id say just put it in first, redline it and sit as far back as possible... then drop the clutch!!

but really you just got to feel it out for your self, some people have different styles- just do what you feel comfortable with, and dont think about a certain method too much- good luck
Old 01-25-2005, 06:28 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I have same bike man..I'd work on clutching period. It's way more predictable. I've beeen working on clutching 1st gear standups and I'm getting down pretty good. I"m +5 rear on my 636...You can powerwheelie 1st just chop the throttle at about 7k but clutching is the best by far...Just go slow..Take your time..I don't power wheelie anymore to unpredictable.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by btracer02
well.... id say just put it in first, redline it and sit as far back as possible... then drop the clutch!!

but really you just got to feel it out for your self, some people have different styles- just do what you feel comfortable with, and dont think about a certain method too much- good luck
You're an idiot!!! You go full throttle and dump the clutch in 1st you'll loop!! **** you can loop in 2nd with full throttle
Old 01-25-2005, 09:16 AM

slikz is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone Doesnt Have A Sense Of Humour
Lol
Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 AM

SlitZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
You're an idiot!!! You go full throttle and dump the clutch in 1st you'll loop!! **** you can loop in 2nd with full throttle

haha it was joke.... im pretty sure YOUR the idiot... ive seen your videos
Old 01-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Brap

Originally Posted by slikz
Someone Doesnt Have A Sense Of Humour
Lol
LOL who me..What's up Slikz..Long time no see. I see you on kawiforums..
Old 01-26-2005, 02:34 AM
Brap

haha it was joke.... im pretty sure YOUR the idiot... ive seen your videos
Oh i was about to say man..Well you never know some people are dumb enough to listen that Yeah I know my vids are garbage I don't claim to be a stunt pimp I just post to show progress i'm making
Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 AM

SlitZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
Oh i was about to say man..Well you never know some people are dumb enough to listen that Yeah I know my vids are garbage I don't claim to be a stunt pimp I just post to show progress i'm making

not like i have any room to talk... since im currently bikeless
Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 AM
Brap

not like i have any room to talk... since im currently bikeless
It's all good man..This past week I made so much progress. I'm clutching 1st standups almost at bp..I been out there riding with Mana a.k.a Not2BrekinwiT on here and his boy Charles. They've helped me alot. It's like a completely different rider.. before last week I could only chase 1st gear sitdowns not that high at all really..then this week I'm like ridin them.. Hope you get a bike man
Old 01-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Brap

Here's a pic of my 1st day of working on the 1st gear standups last tues.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:06 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

listen to advice of people that learned the HARD way...just learn the first gear first. When you master the touchy first gear throttle and get the feel for it, then you will be able to to anything. 2nd gear doesn't have so much engine braking so when you play with bp and don't have rear brake control in your little finger you'll loose it thrust me...lack of engine braking could be described as that throttle response is effecting your bike a bit later and you have to think in advance. I don't know how to decribe this better but you'll **** yourself up learning 2nd gear before mastering first gear first...
Old 01-26-2005, 03:06 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

[QUOTE=Disturbed6R]Here's a pic of my 1st day of working on the 1st gear standups last tues.

looks a whole lot better than the last time i saw you
Old 01-26-2005, 05:23 PM

#1framer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got the same bike too and have started to bring it up to about 7-8k in first and just punch it till you feel it come up let off and find a steady hand.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:00 PM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

Instead of pulling in the clutch then twisting the throttle, try twisting the throttle then slipping the clutch. It is much easier that way. In second gear, roll along at about 30mph and give it about half throttle and with one finger just slip the clutch and snap it back out. It will also clutch up in third like this with stock gearing. I went -1 and +3 on my 03 636 and it will clutch up in 4th at 50mph now. I can bounce up in 5th which I could do with stock gearing but it took a lot of work to learn how to do it.
Hey Slikz, you made a new video yet? I saw the one on Kawiforums where you forgot to take your hand off the throttle. Just wondering if you got any better.