Rollin Stoppie

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Rollin Stoppie

How do you get the stoppies to roll? I can pull ones where I stop but not sure how to roll them out. Any suggestions?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:22 PM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rollin Stoppie

How fast are yu comin into them? I usually go between 40 aNd 50 let the forks compress by hitting the brake slightly get your weight forward and let it rip. Might sound funny but it's actually safer to do em at a faster speed hen the little 10 mph pop up at stop sign i've seen ppl flip them easy. If you do a forum search thers more details exactly how to do em.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

dont grab to much brake i grabbed a handfull of brake on saturday night and almost ate someones trunk oh well atleast i saved my **** from wreckin :YEAH
Old 07-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

YOu say the fast ones are more safe?? I dunno I'm pretty new to riding but I'm comfortable on my bike though.I usually run up to 30mph and then let it slow down and pop it up about 15 or so.. They come up about 3ft or so maybe more..Thanks for advice. I've only been riding for almost 2months now
Old 07-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Regular StuntLifer

gman_gsxr750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xxYamR6xx
How do you get the stoppies to roll? I can pull ones where I stop but not sure how to roll them out. Any suggestions?
Get going about 25-25 MPh. Then lean forward and apply the front brake hard as if you want to come to a quick stop (DON'T JUST YANK IT IN!). Then just keep doing that over and over again.... each time applying the front brake a little more until the rear wheel comes up a couple of inches. You can also try and throw your weight forward as you apply the brake to try and bounce the rear a little (kind of like doing a kickout on a BMX bike). It's all about practice. It'll come eventually.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by gman_gsxr750
Get going about 25-25 MPh. Then lean forward and apply the front brake hard as if you want to come to a quick stop (DON'T JUST YANK IT IN!). Then just keep doing that over and over again.... each time applying the front brake a little more until the rear wheel comes up a couple of inches. You can also try and throw your weight forward as you apply the brake to try and bounce the rear a little (kind of like doing a kickout on a BMX bike). It's all about practice. It'll come eventually.
I can do the ones where you come to a stop and I get it up about 3-4ft but I can't do the rolling ones..
Old 07-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by xxYamR6xx
I can do the ones where you come to a stop and I get it up about 3-4ft but I can't do the rolling ones..
Yes but you need to apply more pressure earlier... before you are moving too slow or are about to stop. It's going to scare the shift out of you at first but as you are moving forward, grab the brake and **** your weight forward. Let the rear wheel come up a couple of inches. You'll get scared and let the brake out so you will just roll out and the wheel will drop. From there it's just a matter of getting used to the feeling of the wheel coming up while you are moving. Then it will go higher and higher as you gain control.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by gman_gsxr750
Yes but you need to apply more pressure earlier... before you are moving too slow or are about to stop. It's going to scare the **** out of you at first but as you are moving forward, grab the brake and **** your weight forward. Let the rear wheel come up a couple of inches. You'll get scared and let the brake out so you will just roll out and the wheel will drop. From there it's just a matter of getting used to the feeling of the wheel coming up while you are moving. Then it will go higher and higher as you gain control.

I gotcha..Thanks bro... I'll check it out..
Old 07-22-2004, 04:19 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Seriously, the faster you're going the more stable you are. About 40 is a good starting speed. Just make sure to put your weight evenly on both sides of the bike, then pull the brake until the front dips fairly hard. When it dips all it's going to, just slowly apply more pressure to the brake lever as you lean forewards and slide up the tank a little, squeezing it with your thighs, and the back will come up. Takes some practice to get it smooth, but so does just about everything else.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:33 AM

LowViscosity is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i usualy pull mine up at around 40 also.. squeeze the brake at about 80 percent at first to get the rear end floating then as soon as it comes off back off the brake to about 5percent... you get what i'm saying ... squeeze it hard but not all the way then back off.. the rear end will just float and you won't have to use hardly any brake. I've just started about a week ago and can roll them a good ways. Then yesterday I wrecked because of bad headshake ... threw me off the front and bent the front fairing stay... also man becareful on that R6... they will rip to pieces
Old 07-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Oh yah, that reminds me... if you are doing big stoppies on a bike without a steering damper.... get one (this will help prevent what happened to LowViscosity)! Also helps with bringing wheelies down at high speeds and tricks that require your hands to be off the bars (christs, skitching, spinderellas, etc). I have a scott's which is one of the more expensive ones but you can get others for under $200.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:25 AM

Proscribed$tyle is an unknown quantity at this point

YEAH!!

Get a steering damper!!!, the first one I tried on my 929 it got the back up quick and smooth and i rolled about 15-20 feet and started to shake!! Im just lucky I got the back down before I got sideways or some ****..!!!!

Im no great stunter or anything, but I held my form pretty well I think, but wow that **** can get out of hand quick!! I would practice with like 3-4 other people and have them stand by where your going to come to a stop, to help you feel safer, and keep the bike from floppin on top of you...

Good luck and I seriously doubt you will get a good roll with out crashing a couple of times....(I hope that is not your bike in the avitar looking pretty and new)
Old 07-22-2004, 12:04 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Proscribed$tyle
and I seriously doubt you will get a good roll with out crashing a couple of times....(I hope that is not your bike in the avitar looking pretty and new)

F that, you don't need to crash. I wrecked my first Endo this year. no need to crash. Take your time, get a feel for the wheel comin up. Do small ones first. you'll be rockin them in no time! :YEAH

they are dangerous so be careful. its an ugly wreck for sure.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by PavementEater
F that, you don't need to crash. I wrecked my first Endo this year. no need to crash. Take your time, get a feel for the wheel comin up. Do small ones first. you'll be rockin them in no time! :YEAH

they are dangerous so be careful. its an ugly wreck for sure.
I agree, I've been doing them for about 1 year now and I've only wrecked once... and it wasn't when I was first learning either.